User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm horrible about noticing details...like dates, times, what someone had on, what day it is, rather or not i work the next day haha
    is that a way to tell also?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Main difference is the second letter. . .

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm horrible about noticing details...like dates, times, what someone had on, what day it is, rather or not i work the next day haha
    is that a way to tell also?
    ESFPs aren't great with this stuff either.
    S doesn't exactly mean details.

I have been hanging with an ESTP dude all week. He reminds me much of my ENTP friend- both are loud, funny, and the center of attention. The difference between him and my ENTP buddy is that his perceptions are very much in the 'here and now', which is what defines Se....it's like he's fully engrossed, involved in that present moment, if it's a song on a radio or the person directly in front of him. I can usually get an idea of where his thoughts are stemming from.

The ENTP, on the other hand, isn't so straightforward with the connections. Sometimes it will take a minute before I 'see' what sparked whatever experience he's relating.

Both are extreme Es and drain the crap out of me.

Ne. It's what's for dinner.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

oh and you can see the difference in their eyes. Se types have sharper focus sometimes looking bit like some hawk looking at its pray. focus of Ne types on the other hand is wandering around more and pretty much only stops when they go inside their head using Fi or start using Te.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

a lot. ENFPs and ESFPs are very different
    1) ENFPs are the most introverted of the extroverts (sometimes more introverted than actual introverts). ESFPs are the most extroverted of all the types
    2) ENFPs are intellectual and hypothetical, ESFPs are literal
    3) ENFPs are fantasy prone, ESFPs are among the most grounded types
    4) ESFPs are competitive, ENFPs aren't competitive at all
    5) ENFPs are frequently mistaken for ENTJs, INFPs, INTJs, ENTPs, ESFPs, ISFPs and even ESTJs. ESFPs are usually pretty easy to spot, except for occasionally looking like an ESTP or ESFJ.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Uh I think ENFPs being the most introverted is a fallacy, I say ENTJ! Te doesn't really see the need to socialize unless it fits the agenda, to which they use Se for that.

Unless of course the ENTJ is on an Se binge, then they'll be loud ESFPs :P

Let's see. IMO ESFP/ENFP aren't really different because Se/Ne are very similar in the sense they they are very random and are generally reactive to outside stimuli. However Se makes a reaction based on what's happening now (random) while Ne makes a reaction based on connections that are received from the outside stimuli (random also).
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah going by Elfboy's list I'd be both...borderline E/I so ENFP by his estimation, basically I'll be quiet or keep to myself and then just explode in words, extremely talkative, talking fast, occasionally interrupting people...like literally see-sawing E/I...because I do have to have a lot of time to myself.

But I'm also pretty damn competitive, even when it's to my detriment, like he says only ESFPs are.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have an ESFP friend, I have to agree that we are both pretty random. We are huge dorks together... though she denies that.

She is also pretty damn competitive, I think that seems to be a key difference between ENFPs and ESFPs. She hates it when I beat her at something. And I get a kick out of rubbing it in =P

Also she has dumped beer on a guy's head before. I couldn't see an ENFP doing this except under pretty extreme circumstances, lol.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    In the Katy Perry thread, there was a lot of talk about Se v. Ne, and how that manifests in EXFP (sort of). So I was wondering: how exactly do they differ?
    What sets them apart?
    The position of the ego.
    The ego is either a subject or an object.
    It is not both.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Uh I think ENFPs being the most introverted is a fallacy, I say ENTJ! Te doesn't really see the need to socialize unless it fits the agenda, to which they use Se for that.
    Unless of course the ENTJ is on an Se binge, then they'll be loud ESFPs :P

Let's see. IMO ESFP/ENFP aren't really different because Se/Ne are very similar in the sense they they are very random and are generally reactive to outside stimuli. However Se makes a reaction based on what's happening now (random) while Ne makes a reaction based on connections that are received from the outside stimuli (random also).
    1) ENFPs are dominant intuition, being N dom and an extrovert is somewhat of an oxymoron as intuition, even Ne, is an inevitably introspective function. when you combine that with the reflective, withdrawn function that is Fi, you get a pretty introverted extrovert.
    2) Ne and Se are not as similar as you think. explain MBTI to any ENFP who plays sports and they will probably say something along the lines of "oh! that's why I'm so clumbsy and terrible with details" among other things
    3) Te is about directing the outside world, depending on the situation, it is often extremely extroverted, just more poised than say Fe.
    4) Ne deals with hypothetical connections, scenarios, ideas and metaphors. none of these things are tangible or present in the outside world
    5) several ENFPs on this forum test regularly as introverts but don't realize they're ENFP until they study function theory. for most types, if you're stuck on if you're E or I, you're probably I. for NFPs, if you're stuck between E and I, you are vastly more likely to be ENFP.
    6) I am an ENFP and I need several hours a day to myself to recharge. several ENFPs I've talked to say this is the same for them. a few other types of extroverts will say this on occassion, but only ENFPs say this consistantly
    7) ENFPs' extroversion is over estimated because they're trait extroversion (big 5 extroversion) is usually extremely high.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire