User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default How do you experience Ne dominance?

I think I need a refresher on this one. When I read about it, it talks about stuff like this.
    is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.
    For a while I thought of that as possibly being purely "weird" or into things that aren't immediately applicable.
    I used to always test Ne dominant, and then for some reason just decided that it didn't apply to me, it didn't really apply to much of anything. Now, I'm starting to view it a little bit differently, simply an optimism, and interest in a wide variety of things, a sense of wonder. Kind of a scatterbrained thing.

So, Ne doms, if you're not thinking about aliens or metaphors or psychic readings all the time, (and even if you are), how do you experience Ne?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

when i was younger i was sort of dyslexic and well actually i still am naturally...i just have learned to slow down and remember to read left to right one word at a time...all information comes in this way for me...not backwards but at the same time...like swirly bits of facts in my brain that get connected in no particular order. i wish i could show you with my hands the way i naturally read a sentence...it might be the 2nd word then the last then the 1st...but i think my brain scans for the most important keywords and puts them all together. like i'm in some race or something but so someone says something and that word gets connected to this word which connects to that idea and then that one and it's all swirly and then something complete gets spit out of my mouth in response. although...sometimes it doesn't sound complete because they were not aware of all those connections so it seems totally random and they have no idea why i didn't just answer the question and the fact is...i'm not trying to be difficult i just can't hear the question any other way.

edit: actually that's not true. just like with dyslexia i can...i can try and remember to slow down and hear things one word at a time but it takes a lot of effort.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Ginkgo

When I experience Ne, a brainstorm takes place. Ideas flow freely, and do not necessarily have to be written in stone. I view the potential for change in everything; all things are blank slates. I see relationships where others might not, and thrive in a world of leaps and guesses. However, because those I rely on those hunches and approximations, the desire to collect every granule of fact is almost neutered.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    When I experience Ne, a brainstorm takes place. Ideas flow freely, and do not necessarily have to be written in stone. I view the potential for change in everything; all things are blank slates. I see relationships where others might not, and thrive in a world of leaps and guesses. However, because those I rely on those hunches and approximations, the desire to collect every granule of fact is almost neutered.
    I kind of get this. It sounds rather official to me though. It also sounds like all the ideas are valid or like you should be out writing novels. I feel like I don't experience it like that. Just as a bunch of random connections/hunches/ideas. There's little area of focus.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

ReflecTcelfeR

Some strange phenomenon I've experienced are:

When watching a movie for the first time I don't pay attention to the details I'm enjoying the whole thing giving me a feeling about the entire film.

and

When reading I usually have to re-read because it's essentially the same thing. It's like I can't pay attention to the details right away. I try, but i fail.

Plus I always change my perceptions about things, wondering if the connections I'm making actually make sense, or are where they are the most efficient, or most applicable, but this is the interaction with my judging function.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

"everything is connected."

it's like everything is in a matrix of connection to everything else. any one thing immediately cues images and links to other things... "blue" conjures associations with water, lakes, ocean, sky, royal blue, indigo, indigo children, children, kindergarten, teachers, 2w1, enneagram, star, stars, northern lights, norway, kenya (obscure reference, props if anyone gets this), badgers, honey badger, gay men, boas, flamingos, craft stores, knitting, ejcc, typoc, internet forums, /b/, b words, blue... that's the thought process for like, 5 seconds of thought? it blazes through, most of the time i don't even pick up on those individual things, i'd just hop through to an endpoint and then have to go back and figure out why / how i got there...

see how it goes and goes... and eventually wraps around on itself... and that's just a tiny little bit of what goes on, i wish i could show you the whole thing, but it'd take hours to even draw

and like reflect says, it's like you get a big-picture feeling of things... like i'm good at putting outfits together because i go with a "feeling" of things. everything relates via an overall pattern.

and it might be Ne-Fi in particular, but when i can scan a thread and get an emotional picture of what's going on without really reading in depth. that's annoying, actually, when the emotions are stormy and "loud". it "clouds" my vision and makes it hard to store details and facts.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    "everything is connected."

it's like everything is in a matrix of connection to everything else. any one thing cues images and links to other things... "blue" conjures associations with water, lakes, ocean, sky, royal blue, indigo, indigo children, children, kindergarten, teachers, 2w1, enneagram, star, stars, northern lights, norway, kenya (obscure reference, props if anyone gets this), badgers, honey badger, gay men, boas, flamingos, craft stores, knitting, ejcc, typoc, internet forums, /b/, b words, blue...

see how it goes and goes... and eventually wraps around on itself... and that's just a tiny little bit of what goes on, i wish i could show you the whole thing, but it'd take hours to even draw

and like reflect says, it's like you get a big-picture feeling of things... like i'm good at putting outfits together because i go with a "feeling" of things. everything relates via an overall pattern.

and it might be Ne-Fi in particular, but when i can scan a thread and get an emotional picture of what's going on without really reading in depth. that's annoying, actually, when the emotions are stormy and "loud". it "clouds" my vision and makes it hard to store details and facts.
    I can definitely relate to this. I think perhaps I discounted it because it seems to pacify everything else. Makes me kind of stagnant. Makes everything seem kind of overwhelming. All those details that I see magnify into "super details" since those details have more things attached to it. It's too many thoughts at once. It's muddled and unclear.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It also sounds like all the ideas are valid
    i feel like in my headspace... Ne space? all ideas are valid. it's just some translate into the external world, some don't. like "pigs fly". of course that's possible, the concept is of the same validity as a bird flying, it just doesn't work out because the laws of physics interfere. but it's no harder to picture than anything else.

are you coming over to the ENFP side?

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Ideas, thoughts, patterns...they don't seem random to me. I can see the lines connecting all of these things together.

I just see it as information--free-flowing information. Ideas and thoughts going through my head like particles, colliding with what is already there, and those things colliding with other things, and then colliding again with whatever is still coming in. I give them all to Ti to decide if it is appropriate building material for the framework it is constructing at that time. The downside of this is that I often experience this as a "use it or lose it" thing. If I don't use what Ne is bringing in, it will be discarded just as quickly. Having a cheat sheet to write down random ideas is a good idea.

Ha...I hope that made some sense. I thought it was supposed to be more difficult to explain introverted functions....

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i feel like in my headspace... Ne space? all ideas are valid. it's just some translate into the external world, some don't. like "pigs fly". of course that's possible, the concept is of the same validity as a bird flying, it just doesn't work out because the laws of physics interfere. but it's no harder to picture than anything else.

are you coming over to the ENFP side?
    I guess that's true, too. It could be valid, but accepted that most aren't. Or my mind might just move to a new topic (that may have related a little bit to the old topic) and the last one won't matter anymore.

I don't think I'm going to change sides, for now both sound equally right to me. I guess if I was considering myself an N before I could be an N again though, someday. Sensory/intuitive explosions. They seem to happen at the same time. As if I was constantly high.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.