User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 112

  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I like your distinctions bolded above. That explains a lot of some of the "problems" I encountered with my ENTP ex. He loved chatting about weird/random things, but at a certain point he would have to stop my train and say, "Saturned, this doesn't make any sense!" And I would think, "huh? What's the point of having fun if it has to make sense?! I R not a bank!"
    Yeah. It's controlled chaos. But the controller doesn't make his criteria very obvious. So to most people it looks like chaos, but to the controller there is a MAKES SENSE route and MAKES NO SENSE route. And makes no sense route is not very fun. Cause the most fun is to be had in the wild craziness within the boundaries of what makes sense. What fun is nonsense if you can't possibly obtain that nonsense?

    I know, I know, it seems contradictory but trust me, it makes sense.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Chiharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None
    Posts
    681

    Default

    I have trouble with this too...

    In problem solving...

    I find is that a concept will be presented to me and Ne and Fi will process it simultaneously, with Fi reacting passionately on moral grounds and Ne refuting this with all the concept's nuances and possibilities, usually Ni chimes in at this point with some logical paradoxes that Ne refutes while Fi whines the whole time that the logic doesn't matter and Ne trying to defeat the paradox of Ni. Weird, I know.

    In everyday life...

    I notice Ne in that I'll skip from topic to topic effortlessly in both thought and conversation. Generally I don't even notice that I've shifted a lot, because my mind just works like that.

    Ideas grow like a twisty sort of tree, branching out into networks of roots and branches, sometimes from a single "seed" idea, a little "water" of contemplation, and some "sunlight" of insight; at other times it grows instantly and effortlessly.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

    ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

  3. #83
    Senior Member redcheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I relate to this. (As mentioned in your rep.) Just about everything can be turned into something funny. I almost started typing a story but I'm afraid it will stray me off into no man's land.
    Cool, go for it!

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    If I'm in one of my really good moods, focus goes out the window. Everything is fascinating and ends up going off in all different directions. In more somber moods my mind is more one track/ task oriented/ get it done.

    My studying system to help me focus is to write/ type everything that professors say in class on the power point. If they are moving fast enough, it works alright. If they repeat something too many times/ people start asking questions, my focus checks out for the day. Patterns and generalized concepts (hopefully accurate)seem to emerge on their own without needing explanation.
    Wow, that sounds a lot like me....



    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Later, I read and reread the notes, highlighting things that I can repeat out loud by myself without any queue. Then I only keep rereading the notes that I haven't been able to repeat on my own, (non highlighted stuff.) Until everything in the lecture is highlighted and I can move on. Concepts that are more difficult to understand sometimes require me to physically doodle out a picture as I read. This Te engagement seems to do the trick in keeping me focused. (Sounds like it could be ESFP or ENFP.)

    I do this in movies. I hate movies because they move so slow. I can usually reenter later and just fill in the blanks. That's a better way to watch. The conversation business is the same thing! Similar to lectures, it's more fun if it forces you to "keep up" rather than wait. Though, I always associated this with Se. "Yes, I was paying such close attention that I actually heard you the first time, keep going. Keep going, keep going, keep going. I need you to say something that will keep me stimulated and occupied."
    Wow, that sounds a lot like me, too!

    Maybe it is Se, I don't know. I kind of think I interchange my perceiving functions, so like while Ne is my fav, I also use Se fairly often. If what you're talking about is Se, then I transfer that intake of information immediately to Ne.

  4. #84
    Senior Member redcheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    when i was younger i was sort of dyslexic and well actually i still am naturally...i just have learned to slow down and remember to read left to right one word at a time...all information comes in this way for me...not backwards but at the same time...like swirly bits of facts in my brain that get connected in no particular order. i wish i could show you with my hands the way i naturally read a sentence...it might be the 2nd word then the last then the 1st...but i think my brain scans for the most important keywords and puts them all together. like i'm in some race or something but so someone says something and that word gets connected to this word which connects to that idea and then that one and it's all swirly and then something complete gets spit out of my mouth in response. although...sometimes it doesn't sound complete because they were not aware of all those connections so it seems totally random and they have no idea why i didn't just answer the question and the fact is...i'm not trying to be difficult i just can't hear the question any other way.

    edit: actually that's not true. just like with dyslexia i can...i can try and remember to slow down and hear things one word at a time but it takes a lot of effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    it's like i look at the whole sentence and read it at once...not word by word haha unless i make special effort i don't know he called it classic dyselexia whatever that is...maybe i don't have it. maybe i just read fast ?? it's quite possible it isn't relevant at all.
    Are you a speed reader? If not, I'll bet with some training, you could become one of those super duper amazing speed readers who can read a whole page at once.

    I think I could become a line-by-line speed reader with practice, but my problem is that I hear the words in my head when I read, which hinders speed reading. Which is weird, because I'm a primarily visual learner, so I think it was because I was taught to read that way. Sometimes I can get the voice in my head to shut up while I'm reading, and when I can, I read a lot faster because I can just look at the words visually and zip through them.

    So for me, reading is much more linear than my Ne, but now I kind of wish my reading was more like my Ne! I do get your parallel, it does make sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    it's ridiculous as a dom function...i don't know how it is for others but it's like an addict walking around for a fix...new information...new puzzles...what can i do with this...what can i change that into....i wonder if this is possible...absorbing constantly...feeding the blender...churn it mix it...more more more....still hungry...need to create...need to change or fix or solve...plan this...plan that...wonder this wonder that...try this try that...spongey lil alien people on the prowl for information to feed our brain haha
    I agree, this is what my brain is like, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Ne is a pattern seeker. One way I experience it is in noticing all the possible immediate relantionships between the perceived bits from the outside world I payed attention to, and then linking them to the existing mental structures, revising what is (external) to what could be (internal), originating "what if's".

    One practical example would be in school, as the teacher presents some topic and begins addressing said topic, as he provides new information, even if still incomplete to the actual topic, and while "waiting" for the next bits, the above process is already taking place to the incomplete data provided. And the process still continues, in parallel to the class topic, either at the moment or later on.
    This sounds a lot like how I learn, too. You build the framework, and then find more and more connections, making it stronger and stronger. Sometimes I used to space out in math class and get ahead of them by testing and finding new connections in my head.

  5. #85
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Yeah. It's controlled chaos. But the controller doesn't make his criteria very obvious. So to most people it looks like chaos, but to the controller there is a MAKES SENSE route and MAKES NO SENSE route. And makes no sense route is not very fun. Cause the most fun is to be had in the wild craziness within the boundaries of what makes sense. What fun is nonsense if you can't possibly obtain that nonsense?

    I know, I know, it seems contradictory but trust me, it makes sense.
    Haha, no that does make sense! Every once in awhile he would indulge me into going to the land of no logic but he couldn't sustain the visit for as long as I can. I invented my "theory on how to live forever" talking to him one night. He was ok with it the first time, but then it became a joke between us because every so often I would go "you know I nave this theory....." and he would cry for mercy because of how little my theory made "sense." and I know my theory isn't "real" per se but I am able to pretend that it is real for at least a little while.

  6. #86
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Is that a pet? What kind?

  7. #87
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Is that a pet? What kind?
    Are you talking about my avatar? (if not sorry!)

    I think it's a hamster. it's just a cute pic I found!

  8. #88
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Yeah I was...sorry if I wasn't clearer.
    I thought one of the earlier ones was a rabbit, but I wasn't sure.
    I just know they've been fluffy and beady eyes LOL.

  9. #89
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Yeah I was...sorry if I wasn't clearer.
    I thought one of the earlier ones was a rabbit, but I wasn't sure.
    I just know they've been fluffy and beady eyes LOL.
    haha, yeah the original avatar was a bunny picture. Then I changed to a small creature in a swing, and now this.

    I cannot resist something cute. It calls to me like something shiny and full of glitter.

  10. #90
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Tangents and rabbit holes. Oooo, and spider webs. Ever done mind maps? My ex fiancé and I, while studying for exams, covered each other rooms, with diagrams of how each of our subjects were inter related. I did really well in those exams. Any way all those patterns and inter connections were Avery tangible example of how my mind works. I think people walked into my room and had brain melt downs.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. [Ne] ESxJs...How do you experience Ne-doms?
    By Amargith in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 11:37 PM
  2. inp's and isp's how do you experience Ne Si and Se Ni could there be confusion?
    By INFtha14 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
  3. Introverts: How Do You Experience Introversion?
    By FFF in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 01:05 AM
  4. How do you experience beauty?
    By Blackmail! in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 12:12 PM
  5. Extroverts: How do you experience extroversion?
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO