User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    haahahahaha! Isn't that awful? Then there is the little voice that tries to tell everybody to just shut up.
    I always feel a little "out of control" when I am in Ne mode... and that can be uncomfortable after awhile. Where I think, "whoa hold your horses, Saturned, just WHAT are you talking about?!" And then I start craving silence and the inner world of my thoughts.

I do really enjoy being around Ne-dom types though. My best friend in college was an ENTP and we would talk for hours and hours and hours and just do random weird silly things together. Like he would challange me to hide myself in a garbage can and then pop out at an unsuspecting student... (Couldn't because I laugh too much and I think even the IT students would realize something is amiss at a giggling trash can.)

But after awhile when they are "just getting started" I am ready for a nap.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I always feel a little "out of control" when I am in Ne mode... and that can be uncomfortable after awhile. Where I think, "whoa hold your horses, Saturned, just WHAT are you talking about?!" And then I start craving silence and the inner world of my thoughts.

I do really enjoy being around Ne-dom types though. My best friend in college was an ENTP and we would talk for hours and hours and hours and just do random weird silly things together. Like he would challange me to hide myself in a garbage can and then pop out at an unsuspecting student... (Couldn't because I laugh too much and I think even the IT students would realize something is amiss at a giggling trash can.)

But after awhile when they are "just getting started" I am ready for a nap.
    Oh my gosh, my relationships with Ne doms. My old ENTP friend and I used to spend 24/7 together and get just about zero accomplished. Do NOT send us into a grocery store alone. Don't let us go wandering off on our own. Don't let us start another "adventure" in the car. Don't let us try to make up songs together, or log onto youtube, or go "geocaching", Because at the end of the day, we're just going to come out lost and confused.

(Or one of my highschool best friends- we used to be ridiculous as well... Biking around my block ad nauseum pretending we were in Miami, giggling all along.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

Oh my gosh, my relationships with Ne doms. My old ENTP friend and I used to spend 24/7 together and get just about zero accomplished. Do NOT send us into a grocery store alone. Don't let us go wandering off on our own. Don't let us start another "adventure" in the car. Don't let us try to make up songs together, or log onto youtube, or go "geocaching", Because at the end of the day, we're just going to come out lost and confused.

(Or one of my highschool best friends- we used to be ridiculous as well... Biking around my block ad nauseum pretending we were in Miami, giggling all along.)
    hahahah! this exactly! I had an ENFP girlfriend in highschool and we would do the weirdest stuff together. The weirdest has to be where one of us would get out of the car and start "jogging" ahead of the car... then the one driving would turn the lights off and we would see how creepy this would be if we did it to someone else... like what?!

NP + NP could probably take over the planet if they weren't so busy not doing stuff together.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    hahahah! this exactly! I had an ENFP girlfriend in highschool and we would do the weirdest stuff together. The weirdest has to be where one of us would get out of the car and start "jogging" ahead of the car... then the one driving would turn the lights off and we would see how creepy this would be if we did it to someone else... like what?!

NP + NP could probably take over the planet if they weren't so busy not doing stuff together.
    Yea, I mean. This is feasible. Once your done jogging in front of a dark car and then doing every experiment related to that one, and every experiment related to those ones, you may be able to apply yourself to the running of the world. (You could start learning over a game of Risk, which could turn into watching WWII movies, and checking out the wikipedia on Hitler, and then going back to playing Risk, except this time each room of the house is a country, and your physically trying to take over the house.) Maybe after that.....

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

Yea, I mean. This is feasible. Once your done jogging in front of a dark car and then doing every experiment related to that one, and every experiment related to those ones, you may be able to apply yourself to the running of the world. (You could start learning over a game of Risk, which could turn into watching WWII movies, and checking out the wikipedia on Hitler, and then going back to playing Risk, except this time each room of the house is a country, and your physically trying to take over the house.) Maybe after that.....
    we should totally hang out sometime.

Banned

How do I experience dominant Ne? Thusly.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i would like to help answer your questions, but i am so confused by what you are asking. i will try from my point of view as a Ne dom. qre:us may see things differently.

i think there is a wonder and curiosity inherent to Ne that always drives us to new information. we are mystery seekers by nature. we want to overturn every stone, peek behind every waterfall, climb every tree. every single thing is so different and interesting and we want to experience them all. there is nothing needed to govern interest because everything is inherently interesting. it is only pared by what is most relevant - Fi and Te help me there; i imagine Ti and Fe help ENTPs.
    I think that the "everything is so interesting" perspective is more of how NeFi perceives and processes it. (Part of why I think you see an expression of purer Ne with ENFPs than ENTPs, because while Fi evaluates Ne, Ti corrects Ne). NeTi, on the other hand, has a visceral need for things to make sense. So, when you get a little bit of the outside world that doesn't fit someone's current understanding, you're inevitably drawn to the aberration, because you need to understand it in order for your perception of things to logically follow again. This is why little ENTPs tend to be argumentative and opinionated. As Ti strengthens over time, and you realize how limited one's possible understanding of the universe can be, it becomes easier, and ultimately second nature, to accept that two seemingly-contradictory ideas can be true at the same time, and that it's the perspective that's the critical factor.

the larger story is preexistant, so there is no need to build. my story already exists; i just have not fulfilled it yet. it is like the man looking down from the top of a skyscraper at a parade, compared to the man on the street. the skyscraper man can see the whole parade, while the man on the street can only see a small bit. i am on the street, but that does not mean the whole parade does not exist, nor does it mean that what will happen is completely random. so each new connection is just like revealing another piece of the puzzle, another float in the parade. i come to it with the assumption that there is a whole, and the motivation is to discover that whole and to rejoice in being a part of it. if i can discover everything, then i will understand everything, and i will become essentially omnipotent (terrifying thought, really, an omnipotent Ne dom).
    Of course, you would also be entirely impotent as well, as omniscience would also mean that you know what the future holds, and thus are doomed to comply :-)

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I think that the "everything is so interesting" perspective is more of how NeFi perceives and processes it. (Part of why I think you see an expression of purer Ne with ENFPs than ENTPs, because while Fi evaluates Ne, Ti corrects Ne). NeTi, on the other hand, has a visceral need for things to make sense. So, when you get a little bit of the outside world that doesn't fit someone's current understanding, you're inevitably drawn to the aberration, because you need to understand it in order for your perception of things to logically follow again. This is why little ENTPs tend to be argumentative and opinionated. As Ti strengthens over time, and you realize how limited one's possible understanding of the universe can be, it becomes easier, and ultimately second nature, to accept that two seemingly-contradictory ideas can be true at the same time, and that it's the perspective that's the critical factor.

Of course, you would also be entirely impotent as well, as omniscience would also mean that you know what the future holds, and thus are doomed to comply :-)
    I like your distinctions bolded above. That explains a lot of some of the "problems" I encountered with my ENTP ex. He loved chatting about weird/random things, but at a certain point he would have to stop my train and say, "Saturned, this doesn't make any sense!" And I would think, "huh? What's the point of having fun if it has to make sense?! I R not a bank!"

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

When things get back to normal again – if this topic is still interesting to everyone – I'll post a video concerning how I experience Ne or whatever my dominant function is.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    When things get back to normal again – if this topic is still interesting to everyone – I'll post a video concerning how I experience Ne or whatever my dominant function is.
    Go for it!

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.