Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Interesting, I experience Te not as a relief, but as an embarassment, displaying my stress /loss of control for the whole world to see. I have the same embarassment as you with Se though.

How is the tertiary pleasurable for you? And, fellow ENFPs, do you experience Te as pleasurable and how so?
    That's why I think Si makes more sense in Beebe's theory as being pleasurable/relief for me.

I'm not embarrassed of my Te at all though, I'm proud of it. I just don't think of it as a relief, I think of it as a necessity. I couldn't have made it through my life without my Te.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by amazingdatagirl View Post
    Since you asked... I enjoy sewing and other forms of stitchery although I don't have much time time to indulge that hobby. I also like choral singing (church choir is my ONLY regular social interaction). My painfully loud soprano is well suited to musical theater - the best example of Si silliness in my life. Reading material is usually something related to history - either fiction or non-fiction.
    YES. I sing, I love music, I love history (both fiction and non) and instead of sewing, I love to cook. I also have completely useless indulgence in childhood nostalgia.

By Beebe's theory this could be indicative of Tertiary Si...however, other theories suggest that it's actully the Inferior that is "fetishized" through hobbies, which would make more sense for me.

I think it depends on which theory you go by as to whether or not the tertiary is considered one thing or the other.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Interesting, I experience Te not as a relief, but as an embarassment, displaying my stress /loss of control for the whole world to see. I have the same embarassment as you with Se though.
    The tertiary is connected with a vulnerable area. Not as vulnerable as the inferior, but it is similar. Especially, depending on your age, how developed it is.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The tertiary is connected with a vulnerable area. Not as vulnerable as the inferior, but it is similar. Especially, depending on your age, how developed it is.
    This is a theory I have difficulty with, where people's tert don't manifest until middle age. My tert kicked in around my early twenties and literally jumpstarted forward momentum.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't really understand the tertiary. Mine is supposed to be Ti, and I think have a pretty good relationship with it. I trust it as much as my Fe, I think, though Fe will always win if they happen to disagree. I've come to think as Fe and Ti as two halves of a whole, each balancing the other out. I'm not sure I go to Ti for 'relief' or 'comfort' either. I like to analyze things -- and while it's interesting and engaging, it's definitely more energy-consuming than relaxing. But then I might not be understanding it correctly...

I totally buy the Tertiary Temptation theory. When I was younger, I think I was definitely in the Ni-Ti loop. I was very introverted, quiet, always in my head and had NO emotions. I think I suppressed my emotions somehow. When I went to uni, however, my Fe just blossomed out of nowhere and I felt much, much more balanced. I suddenly learned how to relate to people, and I realized I could do it quite well. My family was a bit disturbed how I suddenly became an emotional creature. I think being around people with the same interest finally jump-started my feeling function.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    This is a theory I have difficulty with, where people's tert don't manifest until middle age. My tert kicked in around my early twenties and literally jumpstarted forward momentum.
    I think your tert starts developing in your teens for some people, more like twenties, not middle age.

The inferior becomes more balanced in middle age, if you want to call your thirties middle age.

Some people develop tert and inferior at younger ages because they had to due to life circumstances, etc.

In fact I think sometimes when people don't develop the tert as they're supposed to, they haven't been challenged enough, or matured enough.

So it can be one extreme or the other. You can follow the predictable pattern of development, be thrust into development at an earlier age, or even be allowed to float around in your first two functions in a prolonged manner for some people.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5W4

isn't the auxiliary expressed when under stress?
    Knowledge is power. Sanity is for the weak.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    YES. I sing, I love music, I love history (both fiction and non) and instead of sewing, I love to cook. I also have completely useless indulgence in childhood nostalgia.
    You and I share common interests but (probably) have a different approach to the activities.

Discussions of inferior fetishes, leisure activities, hobbies, etc. should be framed in terms of both 3rd and 4th functions. Tertiary is the childish puer. The 4th place inferior is also termed the aspirational function.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My Fi often manifests as aesthetic appreciation; when I enjoy music, artwork, or just an amazing sunset, I feel this in a way that is entirely outside the normal Ni-Te processes. It is usually pleasant and occasionally overwhelming, but there is still some insecurity associated with it such that I often prefer to have such experiences alone. My enjoyment of some hands-on hobbies may tap into Se more, but I suspect playing music myself involves both.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think i can feel that ne te loop
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison