User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IDK

Default What do people think of ISFPs?

I've read that we are the most invisible type and I haven't seen many threads about ISFPs so I was just wondering if people even have an opinion or not? Do people even know enough ISFPs to have an opinion on them?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I would probably not be fond of them if I met them, based on the reading of one description. I'm not a big fan of competition or id, which, according to typelogic, is something you people have in abundance. Additionally, they are the functional shadow-anima of INTPs or whatever a person might call it when you both share none of my functions and keep them in backwards order. The famous people look like some of my least favorite famous people: Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, Donald Trump, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney (my second least favorite beatle, after ringo, but probably not a bad guy, I guess), Dan Quayle (based solely on his wikipedia page, I wasn't alive when he was big).

Nothing against you personally, I haven't even met you yet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I do, and my opinion of them is that they are individuals, just like people of every other type. Some are more likable than others, of course. I generally get along with ISFPs pretty well because of the whole Fi thing, I think. I know an ISFP guy right now and he's very easy going, but also very honest. He's easy to get along with and chill and puts things into perspective, but he can also get really upset or mad about things and will act out rather than speaking. It may be because of his age (he's the younger brother of one of my roommates) but he'd rather knock things over than talk about it. He's so sweet though, like it's not even scary when he does, it's not like anger problem stuff, it's just like 17-18 year old boy who has strong feelings and doesn't necessarily express himself well verbally.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunny View Post
    I've read that we are the most invisible type and I haven't seen many threads about ISFPs so I was just wondering if people even have an opinion or not? Do people even know enough ISFPs to have an opinion on them?
    As Marm alluded to it's important to see them as a group of individuals. I tend to like the ones I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    ... The famous people look like some of my least favorite famous people: Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, Donald Trump, Michael Jackson,...
    Public personas vary, but I don't imagine these people as ISFP. Spears and Kutcher seem rather extroverted (again, may be persona), Donald Trump doesn't seem at all like the ISFP stereotype, Jackson could be right, though. Don't know anything about Beatles or Quayle to comment.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

They're awesome and humble.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

A window to the soul

Loveable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    The famous people look like some of my least favorite famous people: Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, Donald Trump, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney (my second least favorite beatle, after ringo, but probably not a bad guy, I guess), Dan Quayle (based solely on his wikipedia page, I wasn't alive when he was big).
    Ashton Kutcher is awesome and adorable (and I thought he was also hot once upon a time) and Paul McCartney seems so sweet. It's weird to me that people wouldn't like them.

I can see getting annoyed with Britney Spears or Michael Jackson, but they both seem harmless enough, just mentally ill, not necessarily indicative of being ISFP.

Donald Trump I could totally do without. It's very odd to me that he's even ISFP. He must be like the most evil ISFP on the planet.

And, as always, Jared Leto is my imaginary boyfriend.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like ISFPs in general. I don't understand them much, but my ISFP friend is the most encouraging, willing-to-listen-to-you person ever! She seems lost in her own world most of the times, and she does the most naive things concerning relationships (and gets walked all over), but she has a very good heart, is very caring and is very easy to be around.

To me, ISFPs seem like light, floaty, sensitive, sunshine beings They don't have a dark side that Ns do. They don't have the intense, burning Fe that can be smothering. When I think of ISFPs I see an image of a glass of clear water with a drop of floral scent thrown in, sitting on a white table with mother nature's wild mountains as a backdrop on a windy afternoon. If that makes sense at all
    4w5 sp/sx EII
    Likes Soph11287 liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    They don't have a dark side that Ns do.
    The rest of your description is very nice, but I don't think this sentence is true at all.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    The rest of your description is very nice, but I don't think this sentence is true at all.
    Do tell!
    4w5 sp/sx EII