User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Agatha Christie is absolutely an Si dom. She couldn't possibly be anything but Si/Fe IMO, and I've read many many many of her novels.

I'm more on the fence about Sylvia Plath, plus she was mentally ill so you can't type her INFJ or INFP just because she was mentally ill, that's totally dumb.
    I was just pointing out the possible reasoning behind typing her as INFJ - there are quite a few INFJ 5w4s on this site, but I've yet to see an ISFJ 5w4. Then again, maybe Dame Agatha was a different E-Type?

Y u hatin' on Xanadu, bro?
    I was just pointing out the character liked playing with people's heads waaay too much for my taste... Plus, she totally dissed Gene Kelly. When you are the star of a Stanley Donen movie, maybe you can act snobby, lady.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I was just pointing out the possible reasoning behind typing her as INFJ - there are quite a few INFJ 5w4s on this site, but I've yet to see an ISFJ 5w4. Then again, maybe Dame Agatha was a different E-Type?
    I see a great deal of Si/Ti in her writing style, in the systematic way she created stories. She was endlessly and prolifically full of books which followed a pattern, which strongly suggests to me Si/Ne. Her morality, as well, seems cleanly driven by Si/Fe. She was just very, very intelligent, that's all.

N =/= smrt

I was just pointing out the character liked playing with people's heads waaay too much for my taste... Plus, she totally dissed Gene Kelly. When you are the star of a Stanley Donen movie, maybe you can act snobby, lady.

lol k

MBTI
    IsFJ

N =/= smrt
    When did I say that? Also, 5 =/= smart, either. Just intellectual.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When did I say that? Also, 5 =/= smart, either. Just intellectual.
    5 is intellectual but I don't believe Agatha Christie was "intellectual" in any abstract sense, her books were very detail oriented and spoke of her close, penetrating observations of the human beings around her. It seems as though her books were built around her watching people that she knew and experiences she had, and her mysteries were solved through more SJ-like observational means. Miss Marple solved crimes by saying "this reminds me of somebody I knew when..." and Poirot solved crimes by visibly or audibly noticing things that other people did not. The books always ended with a pretty bow tied up at the end, authority dominating "evil" and life going back to normal. This is why I say her books are systematic, they aren't like P.D. James' mystery novels which are in-depth sociological studies of the human condition, P.D. James is probably an NF or NT.

Agatha Christie mysteries are more like Si/Ti carefully structured puzzles; Fe studies of people, morality and human nature; with the occasional Ne "what if..." element thrown in, which is how I think she came up with all the different scenarios.

MBTI
    IsFJ

5 is intellectual but I don't believe Agatha Christie was "intellectual" in any abstract sense, her books were very detail oriented and spoke of her close, penetrating observations of the human beings around her. It seems as though her books were built around her watching people that she knew and experiences she had, and her mysteries were solved through more SJ-like observational means. Miss Marple solved crimes by saying "this reminds me of somebody I knew when..." and Poirot solved crimes by visibly or audibly noticing things that other people did not. The books always ended with a pretty bow tied up at the end, authority dominating "evil" and life going back to normal. This is why I say her books are systematic, they aren't like P.D. James' mystery novels which are in-depth sociological studies of the human condition, P.D. James is probably an NF or NT.

Agatha Christie mysteries are more like Si/Ti carefully structured puzzles; Fe studies of people, morality and human nature; with the occasional Ne "what if..." element thrown in, which is how I think she came up with all the different scenarios.
    I understand your reasoning... I just meant I didn't mean to imply she was N because she was smart, nor have I said so in this thread.

Also, I take it you believe her to be another Enneatype?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I understand your reasoning... I just meant I didn't mean to imply she was N because she was smart, nor have I said so in this thread.

Also, I take it you believe her to be another Enneatype?
    I'm not as into enneagram as some people are, so I don't have a strong opinion, and I don't think people's opinions of her enneagram make her any less of an Si dom.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I'm not as into enneagram as some people are, so I don't have a strong opinion, and I don't think people's opinions of her enneagram make her any less of an Si dom.
    Fair enough. But I do stand by my claim that I did not say anywhere that Ns were smarter. All I said is that ISFJs are less likely to be 5w4s than INFJs.

Thread derailment concluded, sorry about that.

A window to the soul

Serious ly sweet.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Basing this on my dad since he is one, I think Isfps are very kind mostly. It's difficult to talk with them about certain subjects at times unless it really interests them. When I talk about my problems with my dad, I can't get through to him unless I talk about it in a very simplistic manner. Not calling him stupid but I just don't think he gets me. He usually points out shallow things about women on the tv. Like sarah jessica parker. He blurted out that she was the ugliest woman he had ever seen, and I actually became offended but I kept it inside, because he's my dad. I was so tempted, though. I hate hearing anyone call another person ugly.

I did like finding random poems scattered everywhere through out his house, written on random things like ripped pieces of envelope, note paper, or napkins. Also liked the random weird drawings like the bearded hippie face, or the weird creatures.

I like that my dad is a carpenter. He really helped me to be more creative with my art, although I'm not that good anyway. It still helped. Lol. I love that my dad loves nature. Though, I never care too much about the names of certain birds or animals, I like observing them and day dreaming that everything around me is my own little world.

There was an Isfp whom I spoke with often online that really used to bug me. Her ideas rubbed against mine, and not in a smooth appealing way. It felt like sand paper and she really assumed so much of me that I had to stop talking to her all together.
    I suppose I like some Isfps and others I don't. Really depends on the person.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah so was Sid Vicious, I don't know if you missed that I was pointing out he was ISFP.

I've seen very healthy, balanced NFs and SJs and blah blah blah, I don't think SPs are "less fucked up" by any stretch of the imagination, that just seems ridiculous to me, but no more ridiculous than my original assumption back in the day that all the bland, boring people were SJ, lol.
    Can I you believe I had to google Sid Vicious?
    (My friends laugh at me all the time about my lack of pop culture knowledge >_<)

I've been thinking about this and just thought of a better word for sensors. I think when I mentioned the "open" quality I was trying to describe the feeling that I have that sensors seem way more connected to the real world than I can ever hope to be. So to me they feel more substantial (in the literal sense), more tangible, more solid -- it seems this allows them to take their place in the universe with pride and confidence. My inferior Se is always in awe of this ability. In a way, that also makes Se-doms and Se-aux'es seem totally my opposite. Maybe that's why I tend to (perhaps wrongly) think they're not messed up (Me = messed up / Opposite of me = not messed up )
    4w5 sp/sx EII