MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Do tell!
    Well, number one, all humans have a dark side. Number two, having a dark side has nothing to do with being S or N. And three...a super-quick perusal of punk music and the entire emo scene will help you to see otherwise.

MBTI
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I would probably not be fond of them if I met them, based on the reading of one description. I'm not a big fan of competition or id, which, according to typelogic, is something you people have in abundance. Additionally, they are the functional shadow-anima of INTPs or whatever a person might call it when you both share none of my functions and keep them in backwards order. The famous people look like some of my least favorite famous people: Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, Donald Trump, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney (my second least favorite beatle, after ringo, but probably not a bad guy, I guess), Dan Quayle (based solely on his wikipedia page, I wasn't alive when he was big).

Nothing against you personally, I haven't even met you yet.
    I'm not taking it personally. The celebrities you mentioned were interesting because I actually like all of their personalities (except for Donald Trump who I highly doubt is an ISFP). I'm not sure that I fully understand how INTPs see things either so I understand why you'd be weary of us. I wouldn't say that I'm all id or competetion though.

MBTI
    IDK

Do tell!
    I have a little bit of a dark side. Sometimes I get very moody and sometimes I have a lot of anger that I don't know how to deal with. I also have a hard time believing that anyone could ever fall in love with me. Is that what you meant by darkside?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunny View Post
    I'm not taking it personally. The celebrities you mentioned were interesting because I actually like all of their personalities (except for Donald Trump who I highly doubt is an ISFP). I'm not sure that I fully understand how INTPs see things either so I understand why you'd be weary of us. I wouldn't say that I'm all id or competetion though.
    Yeah, like I said, I was basing my opinion on a single description. I took the list of famous people at face value. I'm sure I would enjoy the company of some of you and not enjoy the company of others.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well, number one, all humans have a dark side. Number two, having a dark side has nothing to do with being S or N. And three...a super-quick perusal of punk music and the entire emo scene will help you to see otherwise.
    Maybe I didn't use the correct word for it -- but I always have a feeling that all Ss have this "good, out-in-the-open, solid" quality about them. Don't take my descriptions literally though -- it's more of an overall feel, compared to the feel that I get from Ns. It just seems to me that Ss have less tendency to be 'dark and twisted on the inside'. But then again, perhaps I should just check out the local goth scene first to see if I change my mind
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Maybe I didn't use the correct word for it -- but I always have a feeling that all Ss have this "good, out-in-the-open, solid" quality about them. Don't take my descriptions literally though -- it's more of an overall feel, compared to the feel that I get from Ns. It just seems to me that Ss have less tendency to be 'dark and twisted on the inside'. But then again, perhaps I should just check out the local goth scene first to see if I change my mind
    No Sid Vicious wasn't dark and twisted on the inside, not at all.

My ESFJ ex collects horror films from all over the world, owns over 5,000 and sells them, trades them etc....some of them are absolutely horrific X-rated films, and I used to wake up in the morning to pictures of bloody screaming people on our bright blue bedroom walls.

I also talk to an ISxJ at the moment who thinks that most people are idiot wastes of space.

My grandfather was ISTJ, but had a similar dry, black humor that is sometimes only credited to INTJs.

Sensors aren't just "good, salt of the earth people" but I think maybe some forms of personality theory encourage that kind of thinking.

I'm more into Jung, Lenore Thomson, Beebe, et al (function theory).

I love them, generally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No Sid Vicious wasn't dark and twisted on the inside, not at all.

My ESFJ ex collects horror films from all over the world, owns over 5,000 and sells them, trades them etc....some of them are absolutely horrific X-rated films, and I used to wake up in the morning to pictures of bloody screaming people on our bright blue bedroom walls.

I also talk to an ISxJ at the moment who thinks that most people are idiot wastes of space.

My grandfather was ISTJ, but had a similar dry, black humor that is sometimes only credited to INTJs.

Sensors aren't just "good, salt of the earth people" but I think maybe some forms of personality theory encourage that kind of thinking.

I'm more into Jung, Lenore Thomson, Beebe, et al (function theory).
    Maybe I just haven't run into 'twisted' S people
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunny View Post
    I have a little bit of a dark side. Sometimes I get very moody and sometimes I have a lot of anger that I don't know how to deal with. I also have a hard time believing that anyone could ever fall in love with me. Is that what you meant by darkside?
    Being moody and having suppressed anger isn't dark in my dictionary. I had something along the line of Marmie's post in mind when I said dark side XD
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Maybe I just haven't run into 'twisted' S people
    There are good, salt of the earth Sensors, and there are Intuitives who live in a naive dream world. I don't think life experience, interests in "creepy" things, personality disorders, bad childhoods, or sadistic/masochistic tendencies have anything to do with personality type.

Some ISFPs seem innocent, but others are sitting in their parents' basement with their girlfriend cutting themselves. I mean, Salvidor Dali was an ISFP, don't you consider him a bit twisted?

If there's anyone I stereotype as being so sweet that butter couldn't melt in their mouth I actually think of INFx first, not ISFPs. ISFPs I think of as being more realistic. But of course they aren't always...they have tertiary Ni.

Sensors don't lack an inner world or the ability to like strange or dark things.

I had these kinds of thoughts when I first started looking at personality theory, except I specifically had them about SJs. I thought all the boring, bland people were SJs and that no one interesting or artistic or cool could be SJ...so isn't it funny that as it turns out, my ESFJ ex is actually uber-SJ, I can't see him as anything but ESFJ in function theory, plus he tests as ESFJ in the four dichotomies. But at first I thought he must be ESFP because of his obsession with horror movies and punk music.

Similar for my ISFJ friend. I thought he was ISFP at first, and he had to convince me otherwise.

Stereotypes don't really work for personality types, it's a terrible way to type people, and I guess we all have to learn it.
    Likes Soph11287 liked this post