User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    intp

Yeah we do seem to be going off topic, don't we?

MBTI
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The problem is that we delude ourselves so easily. Why, it was only a short time ago that we all were deluded enough to think that the Sun went round the Earth.
    thats what im saying though. it doesnt matter if its real or imaginary, all that matters is if you believe it or not. im not saying that you shouldn't question it and i think that most smart people would question it, but even if its proven that the cognitive functions are total nonsense there will still be people who believe in it and therefore it is real to them.

personally, i think mbti is just a cool way of categorizing different thought processes and styles.

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    Yeah we do seem to be going off topic, don't we?
    Topics are meant to be strayed from, that's how productive conversations are started!

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    MBTI is imaginary because it was imagined.
    Computers were (once) imagined. Therefore, computers are imaginary. Folks, there is a huge difference between being real and being valid. The interesting discussion is about whether or not MBTI is valid.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm starting to agree with Victor on this one, but my mind is still open on the matter. MBTI is verry useful, especially for catagorizing and for highlighting certain thought processess. But, the more detailed it gets it seems to become less useful. Most people are learning cognitive theory on confirmation bias alone... MBTI theory is correct, because I have Fi, this process must be some sort of consequence of having Fi.

I can't say that some people don't function exactly as MBTI describes, I just don't so far believe it to be universally applicable. And why should it be? Supposedly MBTI is useful in describing a healthy functioning mind. Even if this is true, how different from healthy must you be before MBTI is no longer useful in describing your processess. How many people are 'normal'? Is it really likely that unhealthy types end up being unhealthy in a predictable way? To many things going on here.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Logically, I keep coming back to this (that it's imaginary) so yes I do think it is, but is fun to play around with. You know like as an exercise in using your imagination, and of course it's fun to discuss with others.

Anew Leaf

I think mbti is good to get a "snapshot" of how one or another person thinks.

In the end I am simply me. And you are simply you. And here we sit quietly in the rain together despite our alphabet soup of differences.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I'm starting to agree with Victor
    It's a slippery slope when you start to agree with me, for I factor your disagreement into every post. It's as though I stretch the elastic in one direction and I rely upon you to stretch it back. If you agree with everything I say, we have a positive feedback loop that can go into runaway. It's like a dance, I take one step and you take a counter step., and so we dance one step after another. And after a while the dancers become the dance.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    here we sit quietly in the rain together despite our alphabet soup of differences.
    Alphabet soup in the rain - I wonder what it spells - it certainly casts a spell that can't be dispelled by the rain - Saturned!

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And how is MBTI used today. And who uses MBTI, and for what purposes?
    It is currently used by HR executives for reasons I cannot discuss here.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    do you mean things like finding type differences with eeg or stuff like that? if so there has been studies, use google..
    Are you sure you aren't imagining those studies?

http://aptinternational.org/assets/j..._1105_apti.pdf