User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fictional characters that perfectly display an MBTI type.

7w6 sx/so
    ENFp None

Frodo Baggins (Lord of the Rings)

Melody (Little Mermaid 2)
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

Funny how in a thread about characters that perfectly display a given type, multiple threads of disagreement emerged after only a few posts. I suppose this is unavoidable to a degree when people of varying expertise attempt to pin down fictional characters' types, but I think there are clearer examples out there.

I'm not sure what the OP's intention was (or how healthy it is, considering his past posts), but A few shows spring to mind with quite distinct, simply drawn casts. Friends for example (Ross ISFJ, Rachel ESTP, Chandler ENTP, Phoebe ENFP, Joey ESFP, Monica ESFJ), and My Name Is Earl (Earl ISTP, Randy ISFP, Joy ESTJ, Darnell INFP).

But on the subject of disagreement, I'd say Sora lacks Ne more than many other fictional characters I've encountered; ESFP in my opinion. And I think Heath Ledger's Joker, if he can be typed, would be an ENFP.

Permabanned Array
    5w6 sp/sx

I see Jack Sparrow as much more a tactician than strategist. Promoter Artisan.

Jack Nicholson's Joker may be a Promoter Artisan, but I lean towards Fieldmarshal Rational. I see Nicholson's incarnation as much more of a methodical planner of complex operations than Heath Ledger's, whose interpretation I saw as a Crafter Artisan throughout most of the movie, at least. Of course, with that said, perhaps The Joker isn't one of those characters that perfectly displays a definite "type."

Tony Stark and Downey's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes I see as better expressions of a definite type: both Inventor Rationals.

3w2 so

Excellent !

Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

Senior Member Array cloakofsnow's Avatar

From Harry Potter:
    - Hermione Granger - ENTJ
    - Luna Lovegood - INFx (dominant Ni but not a J)
    - Hagrid - ISFP
    - Albus Dumbledore - ENFP/ENTP (a dominant Ne type who became wise)
    - Severus Snape (as portrayed by Alain Rickman) - INTP (dominant Ti)

From Pride & Prejudice:
    - Jane Bennett (Pride & Prejudice) - ISFJ
    - Elizabeth Bennett (Pride & Prejudice) - ENTP/ENFP
    - Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride & Prejudice) - ISTJ
    - Lady Catherine de Burgh (Pride & Prejudice) - ESTJ
    - Charlotte Lucas - ISTP (dominant Ti)

From other books/comics/fiction:
    - Anne of Green Gables - ENFP
    - Sara Crewe (A Little Princess) - INFP
    - Beauty (in the original tale "Beauty & the Beast") - ISFP
    - the little mermaid (in the original tale "The Little Mermaid" by Hans Christian Andersen) - INFP
    - Hagar (Hagar the Horrible) - ESxP
    - Helga (Hagar the Horrible) - ESFJ
    - Garfield - ISTP
    - Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes) - ENTP

From movies:
    - Helen Harris III (Bridesmaid [2011]) - ENFJ
    - Sherlock Holmes (as played by Robert Downey Jr.) - ENTP
    - The White Queen (in Alice in Wonderland) - xNFJ

This is just what I think at the moment. I might change my mind on at least a few of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, I think the Joker is ESTP and Jack Sparrow is ENTP
    how so?

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    This is just what I think at the moment. I might change my mind on at least a few of these.
    Although they display their types perfectly?

Default So.....i wanna be a strategist.

Wellll help me out here a little. I'm almost out of school....

I wanna be a detective in the future as that stuff has always interested me...but i just don't wanna be just another cop i wanna be one of the best but work in the shadwos...ha. No point in being something if you can't be one of the best at it, i wanna be the best.

But i'm a little worried, i wanna be a good stragist that can plan shit out, read a criminals/enemies move, stay ahead.....kinda those equivelent to L from Death Note but in a more realistic way. Anyways i am worried that i just won't have the talent to be the best..all the strategist are INTJ's and i'm an ISFP....a complete opposite. I got my eyes set, this is what i want to do....but i don't wanna do anything and be half assed at it, i wanna be the best (or one of the best).

So. Are great strategist naturally born with talent or can it be nurtured to a point as skilled as a talented persons?

To add to the confusion. I disagree with Hermione being INTJ. She's so by-the-book, smart because she's memorizing everything all the time... Nothing wrong with that, of course, but that's Si, not Ni. So I'd say ISTJ. She does have these original ideas and plans, yes, when she's stressed. Otherwise she'd prefer just knowing the right spell for the right situation.

A few examples which are more clear in my opinion. All from literature, I'm hopeless at movies.

Matilda from Matilda by Roald Dahl: INTJ (and everyone who says she's an INFP should read the book first. The movie Matilda is an INFP indeed, but the book one is definitely a J.)
    Mr. Kranky from George's marvellous medicine by Roald Dahl: ENTP
    Felix Lodd from The edge chronicles 5,6 and 7 by Paul Steward and Chris Riddell: ESFP (and a hero)
    Omer Van Puyvelde from Weerberichten en andere gedichten by Gert Coone: ENTP (there has been a real Omer Van Puyvelde, too, but that one is just a boring composer. The fictional one is a composer-meteorologist, no less. And an ENTP. Everyone who can read Dutch should read this book!)

I'll come back if I think of more.

Edit: just to be clear. "Weerberichten en andere gedichten" is not a book of mine. I'm not Gert Coone. He's a friend of mine, though.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

if you argue about a character then that means that he ain't a perfect fit.