User Tag List

First 2345 Last

My sister, tested as ISFP, has always been considered wild and outgoing, while I have always been regarded as calm and reasonable. The last time we met with our mother (ESFJ), she talked for an hour with little pause, interrupted only by questions and additions from our mother and by very few remarks from me. In that scene, ISFP clearly seemed the most social of the three types present (ISFP > ESFJ > INTJ). I would say that with people she knows my sister is a very social person; with people she does not know, however, she is often almost shy.

So the thing to consider when attempting to answer the question of this thread is the social context. Is there a neutral context?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I'd say the IxFJs, because of their aux Fe. Sociability and the effect they have on people tends to be important to them. And INxPs might be least social. Anyone can have their extroverted moments though.
    I generally agree with this, but I also think it's more of an individual thing.

Outside of MBTI, I/E is regarded as more of a scale than distinct categories, so some people may have only a slight preference for I or E. As a marked introvert (I'd never ever be confused with an ENFP or be called "sociable"), even other introverts can seem almost extroverted to me, yet I will can identify them as introverted. I've seen this among types; some ISFJs seem much more Si-heavy & obviously introverted, whereas others have a large dose of Fe and could be confused with an ESFJ in a social setting.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Stansmith

In terms of 'sociability':

INTP<ISTP = INTJ<INFP<[gap]<ISFP<INFJ (varies)<ISFJ

No idea as to where ISTJ fits into this.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It really depends on the individual, but on average i would say IXFJ = IXFP > IXTP > IXTJ. However i would put myself somewhere around the IXFJs and IXFPs.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I know a lot of ISxPs that can be very social when they're in their party mode.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I am Supine temperment, with Phlegmatic as my secondary temperment. I'm very stoic, inactactive, and calm virtually all the time, and only my idealism surrounding helping others inspires me to act pretty much ever. I'm mildly introverted, but I still chat up strangers if I'm in line somewhere and bored. People tell me all the time how quiet and stayed I am, and a lot of people call me friendly and intelligent. The thing is, though, that I feel no smarter than anybody else.

I'm INFP, and a general wordbank for me would be:

Passive, stayed, calm, lazy, warm, distant, personable, quiet, oblivious, forgetful, non-confrontational.

My point is, though, that feelers in general will be more social than thinkers.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

The other three letters don't necessarily gauge levels of sociability, but I would say something like an ISFJ will probably more social than an INTJ.

That said, I could easily see an INTJ who enjoys proactively pulling from the social world to satisfy some argumentative or analytical high and an ISFJ who is pleasant to others but often prefers to withdraw into their own little nest and do their own little thing. So there's nothing really definite.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I think it depends on the person. Though the three most introverted people I know are INTP, INTP, an INFP. I know an ISFP and an ISFJ who can come off as extroverts in certain situations.

It's said that ENFPs and ENTPs are the most introverted of the extroverts. I know one ENTP, and she strongly identifies as an extrovert--I remember her saying something like she didn't even like ten minute solitary walks that much. An ENFP friend of mine is very loud and outgoing (sometimes overwhelmingly so!), and most definitely an E.
    I've only met two ENxPs, so I can't really make a judgement, but so far I'm the only ENFP who's ever been seen (by self and others) as an introvert.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

IxFJ's probably, though ISFP's can be pretty vocal as well. Don't necessarily think it has as much to do with a thinking or feeling preference- get anyone talking about something that they have an interest in, and they might appear more extroverted. But it their might be less general inclination to cater to the less popular, thereby less relatable and really reachable to majority, preferences.

But catering to obscurities, INxP's probably at the back end of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

From my experience, INFJs and ISFJs.
    The list would be like: INFJ > ISFJ > ISTJ > ISFP > ISTP > INFP > INTJ > INTP
    Melancholic | Creator | Inquisitive
    Linguistic / Interpersonal / Intrapersonal
    Ni>Fi>Ti>Fe>Ne>Si>Te>Se

[With poetry, one] is capable of going beyond the limitations of coherent logic, and conveying the deep complexity and truth of the impalpable connections and hidden phenomena of life.
    Andrei Tarkovsky, Sculpting in Time