• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loud Introverts?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I'am reserved at first, but when I'm gone, I'm gone.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I'm your classic introvert with a quieter voice and I'm not much of a talker at all.

However, YES, absolutely, there are some chatterbox introverts. :) My INFJ friend is one - she can talk for hours and often jokes that she can talk to a wall, and my introvert boyfriend can also be quite a talker.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think my ISFx mom is one of those... I used to joke that my parents knew half the people in my city. :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's hard to tell the difference one on one...especially if they're really comfortable with you. it's like role reversal kinda...i feel more introverted and they feel more extroverted.

I definitely relate to this. when people first meet me they either think
1) he's mature for his age, confident and poised
2) fiery, charismatic and polarizing
3) an arrogant, self absorbed ass
4) angry/aggressive (this one always confuses me. people think I'm angry when I'm happy lol)
5) a goofy lunatic (more during middle/high school)

after they get to know me though, my 9 and 2 sides come out more and they say things like
1) I never knew you were such a nice guy
2) you're so calm and mellow, I thought you'd be the party type
3) I never knew you had such a feminine side
4) why don't you act like this more often (answer, because people disrespect my ass when I do)
5) you would make a better mother than me, and I am a mother

my INTJ friend on the other hand, people either think
1) he's a psychopath in disguise
2) he's secretly an under cover boss
3) he's just quite because he thinks he's better than everyone else
4) he's hawt (if they're female. I catch a ton of women staring at him when we hang out, but he never notices them lol)
5) shy

when they get to know him, they find out he's actually
1) the most intense person you'll ever met
2) full of energy
3) extremely wild and loves to dance
4) extremely combative
5) loves to talk (if he deems you intelligent and knowledgable about anything of consequence that is)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right? but in a group of strangers it's obvious who the extrovert is.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right? but in a group of strangers it's obvious who the extrovert is.

not necessarily. as you get older, it's harder to tell. telling the Is from the Es/Is in a group of 50 year old socialite women would be much harder than telling the Es/Is in a group of 6th graders

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Introverts that are loud/love to talk, do they exist?

Yes. I am both loud and talkative, but only in certain environments / with certain people. Sometimes people tell me I am yelling. I never notice it myself.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sure yeah i was just think of my infp bf and i in a group of strangers and it's obvious but you're right...some introverts really get comfortable socially as they get older and some extroverts mellow out.

redacted

My INTP dad has this thing where when he actually talks he is way too loud to the point that it's embarrassing. He doesn't talk that often though.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introversion carries what is called a low "expressiveness"; however, expressiveness really deals with approach (approaching of others). They will likely be slower to approach others, including being loud. However, if they feel secure (especially on their own turf or field of expertise, or they feel comfortable), then most may have the confidence to be more expressive.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When I talk, once I'm riled up I can be the loudest person in the group (a group consisting of an ESFJ, ISFJ, INFP and ISTP, that is). I have a laugh for various contexts (at university, at work, etc), but my true laugh is a very hearty bellow. Even at work, I often catch myself speaking at a volume which is a tad too high. I don't put this down to a possible mis-typing or being higher in expressiveness, but lacking in self-awareness, which is something a lot of younger INTP's probably have a problem with.

I also have an inner conch piercing, and they apparently alter a person's hearing. Plus years of listening to an mp3player may have impacted my hearing somewhat.

But having been a loner for years, I am virtually silent.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ISFP friend and INFP acquaintance...

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
i'm def. introverted, but depending on how comfortable i am with the people around me i can get very loud. And talkative. And loud. My laugh is loud as well.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't talk that much, but I do have a strong, clear voice when I do. My teachers used to remark on it in school. I remember one or two online MBTI tests floating around somewhere with one of the I/E distinguishing questions was whether you have a soft voice and are often asked to repeat yourself. Apparently introverts often are. Naught I. Even when I was very nervous about speaking to someone, it didn't tend to soften my voice. I seemed to be able to put the nervous energy behind my voice and project even better. I did well on speeches and presentations in school partly because of this.