User Tag List

First 1234 Last

While I certainly identify as an introvert, I can be both loud and talkative, as several Vent users could probably confirm. It usually happens when I'm in a good mood.

violaine

I'm rarely loud.

I am excitable. i.e. I'm funloving and I'm happy to the point of euphoria when I'm having a really fun time, especially when I'm with people that I really like. And it shows. I have to recharge afterwards by having some quiet time though.

I'm talkative if I'm really interested in a subject or person, the level of talking mirrors the interest. I'm most talkative with BFs. They get the brunt of the talkativeness and may not see much of my quiet, reserved side, though that's how I would describe my dominant state. With rare exception, the Intro men I've dated are talkers too. I'm talkative with friends but it's in fits and starts.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My ex is an INFP and she's hella boisterous. Then again, she's an alcoholic. While sober at least, she trades off between being ultra shy and ultra loud/talkative.

I've also been known to not be able to shut up.

Yes, I put extroverts to shame.

Joking aside.

Besides my slightly deeper voice, I've learned that I have to speak up. Been told since childhood that I don't speak loud enough. So sometimes I'm a bit loud, especially when people can seem to hear me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Are loudness and talkativeness strongly correlated? I talk quite a bit, one thing I've noticed in college is that I seem to do about half of the talking from students, however people frequently have to tell me to speak louder. I think loudness may be correlated fairly strongly to extroversion. It calls attention to oneself. However, talkativeness seems less so. I've known many talkative introverts but loudness seems rare.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I have a rather loud/booming voice which has sometimes caused me embarrassment over the years. I've realized that I need to moderate it to the level where I feel like people aren't going to hear me properly (like in a louder setting), but they can almost always hear me just fine. But that's just to do with the type of voice I have, though I tend to get louder when I'm excited...

I can be "loud" though, as in boisterous and talkative, when I feel comfortable and I'm enjoying myself. If I go to a rock concert I certainly do a lot of screaming and singing along My brother is similar - he's a probably ISTJ. We both have loud booming voices and I don't see him that often these days (different continents) but when I do I'm always like "man, this guy can be LOUD." But he's definitely an IxxJ, I have no doubt about that. No way is he an extrovert.

Normally...well, it depends. I'm definitely not a dead silent introvert. It depends on my mood, what kind of company I'm in. Sometimes I can get quite dominant in a conversation, sometimes I sit back and listen to others and don't say much - usually I'm somewhere in the middle.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I lunch with an INTx that gets very loud, but specifically only when explaining things. It's the lecture voice. The subject matter is always some sort of nerdy board game, because that's what we do over the lunch hour. Some of our mates get embarrassed and shush him.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I have a loud voice. I hope that is not a problem.

Ginkgo

I'm an introvert and I'm occasionally loud and outrageous. Usually it's my broad "in public" way of doing things. Get me alone, and relaxed... I'm very loose, open, not overbearing but can still keep a conversation pretty readily. In a one on one conflict, I'm usually not afraid to stand my ground, which may be heated.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it's hard to tell the difference one on one...especially if they're really comfortable with you. it's like role reversal kinda...i feel more introverted and they feel more extroverted.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison