User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Isnt being ISTJ the worst type?

(eeh i think the topic title isnt correct, sorry about my english)
    Im an ISTJ, like some people in my family.

In society the cool thing is having 700 facebook friends and going to party and drink every weekend like theres no tomorrow.

I feel myself like a weirdo and probably lots of people who know me think i am, nobody likes a non-talkative person, i always make up excuses so i dont have to to go parties or go to restaurants, some people can think im complicated because i have to plan almost everything...

I dont hate people and i wouldnt say im antisocial, i have no problems to go shopping or doing paperwork at some government office and i treat unknown people in a friendly way... but im so bad making new friends, you cannot just throw me into a group of 10 unknown people and pretend me to meet them.

Im probably going to die alone, im really bad meeting girls, not only im non-talkative and shy, i cannot see the difference between friendship and love with a girl, if they talk to me i think they like me, then i fall in love, they wont love me back and ill be heartbroken for a while. Im 25 now and this has happened to me all my life. Im very fit and i would score myself 6,5/10 at least, but that doesnt help. Everytime they reject me ill try to be even more distant with girls the next time, so day after day im meeting less girls, so less chances...

I dont even know what job i want. Thought of law enforcement but in my country its real hard to get in (very few open spots) and if you get the job they move you to a random city and i want to stay here... I thought of IT (computers and all that stuff) but at least in Spain almost all job offers are about programming, and i dont like that, i hate maths!
    Thought of accounting but again, im really bad with maths.

I think ISTJ is the whole personality type ever
    Last edited by istj86; 06-13-2011 at 05:10 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

You blame MBTI for your lack of social ability? Not sure where you're from but I suppose the reactions that occur to the attitude you apply yourself would generally be quite universal.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    You blame MBTI for your lack of social ability?
    Yes i do
    Some random quotes from many sites

"ISTJs are happiest at home among family rather than meeting new people"
    "ISTJs tend to be hesitant to meet new people"
    "Enjoys spending time alone more than meeting new people"

I wish i could change it

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by istj86 View Post
    Yes i do
    Some random quotes from many sites

I wish i could change it
    I see. Yes, it is interesting, the ISTJ archetype that tends to incline towards the things those quotes mention.
    If we want to speak quotes I suppose I can play at the game.
    They may have difficulty showing warmth, but they frequently feel it in abundance, and most develop the ability to show it through sheer effort. If nothing else, the ISTJ holds the gold medal of all the personality types for Effort. They will put forth tremendous amounts of effort to accomplish goals which are important to them. If healthy relationships are among these goals, you can bet that the ISTJ will do everything that they can to foster and maintain healthy relationships.

ISTJs are generally willing and able to do anything which they have defined as a goal. So, if maintaining a good relationship is important to the ISTJ, they are likely to have a good relationship.
    Any mind fizzles?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that all ISTJs are socially inept.

I think the idea behind the quotes that you listed is that ISTJs would rather have a small circle of very close/trusted friends... Than a huge network of friends. At least this is what rings true for me. I would rather have 5 close friends who understand me, who I can speak to on a deeper level, who I feel comfortable being around... than have 700 meaningless Facebook friends who know NOTHING about me.

I have no use for meaningless relationships that lack any real connection.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

mbti can help you identify weaknesses that are common to your type (but that you may or may not actually have).

Then it's your job to improve, avoid, and/or accept those weak areas.

Using mbti as an excuse for weaknesses is as silly as saying "oh I'm female so I can never be good at sports, but they look so fun...sigh"
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

that's unfortunate for you.

personally, i would love to be more organized, more logical, more detail-attentive, and less needy of people.

if they talk to me i think they like me, then i fall in love, they wont love me back and ill be heartbroken for a while.
    I dont even know what job i want.
    you're human, mister sad ISTJ, welcome to the club. we all feel lonely, weird, and like we're struggling. i'm an ENFP, your complete opposite, and i feel the same way too. i don't know what i want to do for my job yet either. i also struggle with relationships and have a hard time separating very close friendship and love.

and maybe it's cool to have 700 fb friends and drink, but in my opinion, most people who have over 500 friends don't even know many of those people (or can't remember where they met them), much less do they talk to them, and going out and drinking every weekend sucks because you waste all your money on alcohol and wake up with awful hangovers.

on the downside, there's no solution to this, really. on the upside, there are probably a lot of really great things about being you that you're not focusing on. you've already said you're good at being friendly with strangers and you're good at supporting the government infrastructure that keeps your whole country running.

personally i have a good ISTJ friend who is lovely. she doesn't really like crowds and she needs to plan things in advance (but actually, so do i, i don't like spontaneous plans very much). she's really sweet, very smart, and always on top of things. like patches, she has a small group of close-knit friends that she surrounds herself with. she's an excellent piano player with an extraordinary aptitude for playing very technically complicated pieces. she works in an environmental sector of the government, doing research on new technologies. i think she makes the best of her ISTJ.

I wish i could change it
    see, the thing here, is that i doubt you're actually unhappy about these things themselves. you're probably unhappy with what you think they imply. personally, i'm also usually happier at home with family than meeting new people. i also like new people, though. just because you're happier at home doesn't mean you can't learn to interact smoothly with people, nor does it mean you're destined to be lonely. plus, it's not good to not enjoy time alone. i don't like time alone very much and that's really annoying to me. i have a hard time when i can't be around people, which means that i'm not always very self-sufficient. there are a lot of good things about being introverted - it's just hard to see them until you're on the other side of the fence. extraversion is made into this big wonderful thing. it's not. it's really not that great. it just is, just like introversion.

it's how you use it that matters. the same is true for your whole type. it's not what you are, it's how you use it. if you try to be an ESTP, you're going to be one very unhappy ISTJ. if you try to be a happy ISTJ... well then, you'll probably be a happy ISTJ. talk to other ISTJs on the site. see how they deal with people, how they make new friends, how they handle relationships. learn from them and from others like yourself (not all ISTJs are very alike, after all) how you can make the most of your type, because there are a lot of advantages you have over other people. you're more self-sufficient, more realistic, more logical, and more organized than 15 other types.

so, welcome to humanity, get over yourself. ISTJ is the worst type sometimes, just like every other type. we're all the worst sometimes and the best sometimes. try to focus on when you're the best

The ISTJ ex-husband used to make friends very easily since he was so laid-back. But when it came to getting close, very, very few people got close to him. Even some of his very close family didn't know him well, only the face he displayed socially.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I like em, and they also seem to be drawn to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

It surely is no ISTJ thing. I as an INFP have more or less exactly the same issues as you describe.

I wish I could offer you some advice or help in some way, but if things were as easy I wouldn't need to be in the same situation If you want to talk about it I can still try though.