User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

on either my intention or your perception.
    The only thing that matters is his perception.

Given his response, I would say he felt put down.

I thought it funnier this way.
    How grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The only thing that matters is his perception.

Given his response, I would say he felt put down.
    If one reads what is not written, I am not responsible for it.

How grown up.
    Thank you.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If one reads what is not written, I am not responsible for it.
    I would say the fault is yours for not being able to realize that's how it would be taken.

Why did you find it funny to highlight his mistake publicly?

More specifically what do you find funny about highlighting the faults of others publicly?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I thought it funnier this way.
    It was not very funny though.
    Yeah I know, it's only my perception

I would say the fault is yours for not being able to realize that's how it would be taken.
    I would say it is not.

Why did you find it funny to highlight his mistake publicly?
    I found it funny - not very, but funnier than a PM would have been - to publicly make him aware of his mistake because my post stood in stark contrast to the nature and bleak tone of the thread thus far; it even shattered the basis of the whole problem.

More specifically what do you find funny about highlighting the faults of others publicly?
    I cannot answer that generally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

You know, when i first read the ISTJ description I thought, "GOD! they sound horrible!" I pictured this cold, controlling bean-counter. Bland, domineering, dull.

Then I discovered all the ISTJs in my life, including my older brother (who I'm close too) and one of my favorite school friends. They're funny, interesting, dynamic, and really smart. And though we don't agree on a lot of things, they really bring out the best in me. They have a lot of strengths I envy because I don't have them.

Particularly, they are the most loyal people I know, and despite the stereotypes they can be nurturing (maybe that depends more on etype?). Even though loyalty sounds like an overrated boy scout virtue, it really is one of the most admirable things... They can come of paranoid and over-protective, but honestly that's just a sign that they actually like you. And as for what's cool, we can't all be ESxPs...

Bottom line of this very fluffy post: Don't count ISTJs out. They can be awesome too.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by istj86 View Post
    In society the cool thing is having 700 facebook friends and going to party and drink every weekend like theres no tomorrow.
    "Cool" is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by istj86 View Post
    I feel myself like a weirdo and probably lots of people who know me think i am, nobody likes a non-talkative person, i always make up excuses so i dont have to to go parties or go to restaurants, some people can think im complicated because i have to plan almost everything...

I dont hate people and i wouldnt say im antisocial, i have no problems to go shopping or doing paperwork at some government office and i treat unknown people in a friendly way... but im so bad making new friends, you cannot just throw me into a group of 10 unknown people and pretend me to meet them.

Im probably going to die alone, im really bad meeting girls, not only im non-talkative and shy, i cannot see the difference between friendship and love with a girl, if they talk to me i think they like me, then i fall in love, they wont love me back and ill be heartbroken for a while. Im 25 now and this has happened to me all my life. Im very fit and i would score myself 6,5/10 at least, but that doesnt help. Everytime they reject me ill try to be even more distant with girls the next time, so day after day im meeting less girls, so less chances... and not only its impossible, but on top of that ive got genital herpes, so STILL even less chances, probably zero.

I dont even know what job i want. Thought of law enforcement but in my country its real hard to get in (very few open spots) and if you get the job they move you to a random city and i want to stay here... I thought of IT (computers and all that stuff) but at least in Spain almost all job offers are about programming, and i dont like that, i hate maths!
    Thought of accounting but again, im really bad with maths.

I think ISTJ is the whole personality type ever
    These kinds of problem is not limited to just ISTJs and there are plenty of ISTJs out there who don't have these issues at all. What you're complaining about is being an introvert with little ability to extravert. This is an issue with your personality development, not what type of cognition you use. Cognition has nothing to do with behavior.
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by OmarFW View Post
    These kinds of problem is not limited to just ISTJs and there are plenty of ISTJs out there who don't have these issues at all. What you're complaining about is being an introvert with little ability to extravert. This is an issue with your personality development, not what type of cognition you use.
    Agreed.

Cognition has nothing to do with behavior.
    This needs clarification. Similar or same cognitive functions can result in similar net behaviours but behaviours aren't necessarily indicative of specific, groupings of or order of, functions. Example: Sensors enjoy sports.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Agreed.

This needs clarification. Similar or same cognitive functions can result in similar net behaviours but behaviours aren't necessarily indicative of specific, groupings of or order of, functions. Example: Sensors enjoy sports.
    It is incorrect to say that sensors enjoy sports. It's correct to say that because of their preference in perception, they are more likely to enjoy something that stimulates that style of perception. Intuitors have just as much ability to enjoy sports as sensors though.

Your cognition only governs how your process things. It does not ever directly result in certain external behaviors. You decide that separately from your cognition and most people tend to prefer behaviors that work with their cognition rather than against it (but not always). Being an N or an S preferred would govern how you play sports (or maybe how good you are at them), not whether or not you play them in the first place.
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by OmarFW View Post
    It is incorrect to say that sensors enjoy sports. It's correct to say that because of their preference in perception, they are more likely to enjoy something that stimulates that style of perception. Intuitors have just as much ability to enjoy sports as sensors though.

Your cognition only governs how your process things. It does not ever directly result in certain external behaviors. You decide that separately from your cognition and most people tend to prefer behaviors that work with their cognition rather than against it (but not always). Being an N or an S preferred would govern how you play sports (or maybe how good you are at them), not whether or not you play them in the first place.
    The example was deliberately one of faulty logic when it comes to linking behaviour and function. But many (not all) sensors do enjoy sports.

You're repeating what I said except that cognitive functions can result in similar behaviours but the relationship isn't causal.