User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Well, actually, 'being ISTJ' is not a type.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I love my ISTJ buddies! Having 700 FB friends and drinking every night is NOT cool! I laugh at people with that many friends. Rarely are they truly friends with them. To me, it just shows an overwhelming need for validation and the (failed) appearance of being cool. Drinking all the time might be fun in a phaze, but there is nothing cool about being dependent, needing something to feel okay or social, and poisening your body. True, my ISTJ friends have a limited number of FB friends.. they could easily have 700 if they valued quantity of quality. Anyone could. I think you are being too hard on yourself. ISTJ are great in soooo many ways. THey are dependable. THey keep it real. They rarely lie, cheat, etc. They are hard workers. They don't BLOVIATE about achievements, connections, or themselves.. They tend to have a good sense of self and direction. I wonder how old you are.. don't mistake some of the painful growing traits for all types as just you being bad. Many types don't know what they want to be. I'm 30 and I still ask myself what I will do when I grow up =D No, I'm telling ya.. there is MUCH worse things to be than ISTJ. Work on being a little more open with people, work on not thinking everyone that talks to you wants to be your girlfriend, work on figuring out what career is going to make you HAPPY. You'll be fine.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Well, actually, 'being ISTJ' is not a type.
    I know and i wrote a little note on the first post, english isnt my main language.

Anyways, thanks to all who posted

Quote Originally Posted by istj86 View Post
    I know and i wrote a little note on the first post, english isnt my main language.
    It is a lapse in logic, not in language. English is not my first language either, by the way.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You did get the gist of what he was saying though.

So why is it necessary to put him down?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The ''problems'' you listed for ISTJs apply to most Introverts. You just need some self confidence and things are gonna get better. I'm sure there are a lot of things you are good at, but you won't get anywhere focusing only on the bad things - which aren't really bad things, by the way.
    Being Introvert has many advantages. Check those threads:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...introvert.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...extrovert.html
    Also, when you treat a girl like a friend for too long, you tend to get friend-zoned. You are not alone on that, I think a lot of people here have been in this situation. If you have romantic interests for a girl, you can't keep hiding this fact for too long, you gotta take risks.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

+1
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

I did not put him down, I made him aware of a mistake - one that, thanks to me, he may avoid in the future.

Are you opposed to learning?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You did put him down when you mentioned both that the error was in logic and not in language, and when you said that English wasn't your first language either.

Maybe he hasn't been speaking that long?

His circumstances are not yours and to assume otherwise is (in my most humble of opinions) a far graver error than his minor grammar mix up.

Why not PM him about the mix up in grammar as opposed to highlighting his trivial mistake publicly?

The result would be the same.

Are you opposed to congeniality?

I mean the guy hasn't even been here that long. Getting publicly dragged through the mud over something so trivial may leave a sour taste in his mouth concerning typoc, and disincline him from staying.

I think any one of the things I've mentioned is more important than your desire to be right.

Either way this is derailing the thread so I'll leave it here.

You did put him down when you mentioned both that the error was in logic and not in language, and when you said that English wasn't your first language either.
    Whether or not I put him down depends on either my intention or your perception. I did not intend to put him down; so if you believe that I did put him down, it is your way of looking at it that put him down. In other words: He was put down not by what I put into the words but by what you read out of them.

Maybe he hasn't been speaking that long?
    Likely. But how is that relevant?

His circumstances are not yours and to assume otherwise is (in my most humble of opinions) a far graver error than his minor grammar mix up.
    I did not assume anything about his circumstances. What are you talking about?

Why not PM him about the mix up in grammar as opposed to highlighting his trivial mistake publicly?

The result would be the same.
    I thought it funnier this way.

Are you opposed to congeniality?

I mean the guy hasn't even been here that long. Getting publicly dragged through the mud over something so trivial may leave a sour taste in his mouth concerning typoc, and disincline him from staying.

I think any one of the things I've mentioned is more important than your desire to be right.
    I was not trying to be mean, to put him down or - how absurdly exaggerated - to drag him through the mud. You may not believe me, but that is your problem.