• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types Who Resemble Other Types

rav3n

Sometimes I confuse INFPs and INTPs. Something about the Ne-aux/Si-tert.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it depends on the individual.....my INFJ bf would never be confused for an INTP, but an ISFJ, maybe. He's definitely more Fe than Ti, as some INFJ claim (IMO, tert Ti usage is blown out of proportion for INFJs though). I'd probably just be confused for a type with one letter difference, probably INTP or ISFP.

My opinion (almost the same as Chiharu's):

NTs
ENTJ - SJ
ENTP - SP
INTJ - NT
INTP - NF

NFs
ENFJ - SJ
ENFP - SP
INFJ - NT
INFP - NF

SPs
ESTP - SP
ESFP - SJ
ISTP - NT
ISFP - NF

SJs
ESTJ - SJ
ESFJ - SP
ISTJ - NT
ISFJ - NF

Why do you say that ESFPs are closest to SJs?

More than one INFP has been perceived as an INTP or even an ENTP by others, in my experience. I include myself in this number.

The_World_As_Will

More than one INFP has been perceived as an INTP or even an ENTP by others, in my experience. I include myself in this number.

Same, for myself even an INFJ on one occasion, but it was by an INFJ so idk how valuable that judgement really was. I think INXP's can be difficult to tell apart from an observer who isn't an INP, aux-Ne tert- Si is difficult but I think each type can tell the difference.

I think INTPs who have a very developed Fe (i'd throw myself into that bunch) can seem like ENTPs, well the non-douche nozzle kind. Still haven't found a very good example of Si as inferior and Fe as tertiary though, but mm maybe INTPs with developed Fe are in fact ENTPs who just aren't ready to make that leap into ENTP-land.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
So, maybe...

ENFJ --> Guardian
INFJ --> Rational
ENFP --> Artisan

ENTJ --> Guardian
ENTP --> Artisan
INTP --> Idealist?

ISTJ --> Rational
ESFJ --> Artisan
ISFJ --> Idealist? (much as it pains me to consider it)

ESTP --> Guardian
ISTP --> Rational
ISFP --> Idealist?

Thoughts?

That list seems spot on for the most part, Chiharu! I've made similar comparisons in my head before... :yes: I'd peg the INTJ as the most NF-y of them, though - their tertiary Fi can make them dedicated mentors and die-hard advocates. (I'm not the first one to make that observation, FWIW)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you say that ESFPs are closest to SJs?

For being FPs, they seem to operate more easily in an SJ environment. I think it's Se-Te giving a pragmatic vibe to offset Fi. And when Fi is in the aux, it can take on a Fe-ish vibe, as it's in support of Ne, an extroverted function. They seem the most concerned with social, er, correctness than other SPs, which allows them to conform easier (I don't mean "conform" in a negative way....I just can't think of a better word).

Same, for myself even an INFJ on one occasion, but it was by an INFJ so idk how valuable that judgement really was. I think INXP's can be difficult to tell apart from an observer who isn't an INP, aux-Ne tert- Si is difficult but I think each type can tell the difference.

I think all INxx types can seem similar to a casual observer. I regularly get compared to my INTP uncle, INFJ aunt & INTJ cousin (but never to my ENFP aunt or ISFP step-dad, even though they are both FPs & I am Fi-dom). Everyone acknowledges there is some common thread to our personalities & demeanors which greatly distinguishes us from the rest of the family. And yet, we all have different personalities. I know what that thread is of course - we're all introverts who perceive with iNtuition.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi all!

So I've often heard it said that of all the NFs, ENFJs are the most similar to Guardians, ENFPs are the most similar to Artisans, and INFJs are the most similar to Rationals, And I think these hold pretty true.

well, if you break it down, ENFJs lead with extraverted Judging, ENFPs lead with extraverted Perceiving, and INFJs have Ni dom and Ti aux, so those all sort of make sense. ENFJ is going to be the most practical (and we see that play out IRL), ENFP the most dynamic (we see that as well), and INFJ the most heady, being introverted and intellectual.

So, maybe...

ENFJ --> Guardian
INFJ --> Rational
ENFP --> Artisan

ENTJ --> Guardian
ENTP --> Artisan
INTP --> Idealist?

ISTJ --> Rational
ESFJ --> Artisan
ISFJ --> Idealist? (much as it pains me to consider it)

ESTP --> Guardian
ISTP --> Rational
ISFP --> Idealist?

Thoughts?

yeah. nice list! INTP is totally closest to idealist. ISFP too. i'm not sure about the SJs. my grandma is ISFJ 1w2, she's pretty idealistic about some things, but it's very hard to think of her as an idealist in general. maybe ESFJ idealist, ESTJ artisan?

personally i like to think about enneagram/MBTI correlations, cause i think those have a big impact. an ENTP 7 and ENFP 7 are going to look a lot alike, much more so than an ENFP 4 and an ENTP 7.

i think usually you can see correlations like 1w9 looks more like T and J, 1w2 more like F and J, 2 more like E and F, 3 more like E and T, 4 more like I and F, 5 more like I and T, 6 more T and J, 7 more E, S, and P, 8 more E, T, and J, 9 more S, F, and P.

my thoughts on lookalikes, mostly based on experience... (and a little guesswork ;] )

* = prettyyy unlikely combo, lol

INFP 1, 2 -> INFJ
INFP 3 -> ENFJ
INFP 4w3, 7* -> ENFP
INFP 4w5, 5 -> INTP
INFP 6 -> INTP, INFJ
INFP* 8 -> ESTJ
INFP 9 -> ISFP

ENFP 1 -> ESTJ
ENFP 2, 6 -> ENFJ
ENFP 3, 6, 7, 8 -> ENTP
ENFP 4, 5*, 9 -> INFP

INFJ 1w9, 8* -> INTJ
INFJ 1w2, 2w1 -> ISFJ
INFJ 2w3, 3, 4w3 -> ENFJ
INFJ 4w5, 9 -> INFP
INFJ 5, 6 -> INTP
INFJ 7* -> ISTP

ENFJ 1 -> INFJ
ENFJ 2 -> ESFJ
ENFJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
ENFJ 4w3 -> ENFP, INFJ
ENFJ 4w5, 5, 6 -> INFJ
ENFJ 7*, 9* -> ENFP

INTP 1, 5w6, 6, 8 -> INTJ
INTP 2* -> INFJ, ISFJ
INTP 3 -> ENTP, INTJ
INTP 4 -> INFP, INFJ
INTP 5w4 = most INTPy INTPs ;)
INTP 7* -> ISTP
INTP 9 -> INFP

ENTP 1, 3, 8 -> ENTJ
ENTP 2* -> ENFP, ENFJ
ENTP 4* -> ENFP
ENTP 5, 6, 9* -> INTP
ENTP 7 -> ESTP

INTJ 1, 6 -> ISTJ
INTJ 2, 4, 9 -> INFP, INFJ
INTJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
INTJ 5, 7* -> INTP

ENTJ 1, 3 -> ESTJ
ENTJ 2*, 4* -> ENFJ
ENTJ 5, 6 -> INTJ
ENTJ 7, 8, 9 -> ENTP

ISFP 1, 2, 3* -> ISFJ
ISFP 4, 9w1 -> INFP
ISFP 5, 6, 9w8 -> ISTP
ISFP 7, 8 -> ISTP, ESFP

ESFP 1*, 2, 3* -> ESFJ
ESFP 4 -> ENFP
ESFP 5*, 7, 8 -> ISTP
ESFP 9 -> ISFP, ENFP

ISFJ 1w9, 8* -> ISTJ
ISFJ 1w2, 2, 3 -> ESFJ
ISFJ 4* -> INFJ
ISFJ 5, 6 -> INTP
ISFJ 7*, 9 -> ISFP

ESFJ 1 -> ISFJ
ESFJ 2, 6 -> ENFJ
ESFJ 3, 5*, 8 -> ESTJ
ESFJ 4*, 7, 9* -> ESFP

ISTP 1, 3 -> ISTJ
ISTP 2*, 4*, 9 -> ISFP
ISTP 5 -> INTP
ISTP 6 -> INTP, ESTP
ISTP 7, 8 -> ESTP

ESTP 1, 3, 8 -> ESTJ
ESTP 2*, 4*, 9* -> ESFP
ESTP 5, 6, 7 -> ISTP

ISTJ 1 -> ISFJ, INTJ
ISTJ 2, 4* -> ISFJ
ISTJ 3* -> INTJ, ESTJ
ISTJ 5, 6 -> ISTP, INTJ
ISTJ 7, 9 -> ISTP
ISTJ 8 -> ISTP, ESTJ

ESTJ 1, 5, 6 -> ISTJ
ESTJ 2 -> ESFJ
ESTJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
ESTJ 4*, 9* -> INFP
ESTJ 7 -> ESTP

whew :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Just looking at the first few, that seems pretty spot on.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on my practical observation on this forum, not theory or real life....

Types that act the most alike:
ISFJ+ INFJ
ISTJ + INTJ
ISTP + INTP
ENFP + ENTP
INFP + ISFP
ENTJ + ESTP
ESFJ + ESFP

ESTJs act like ESTJs

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
skylights said:
INFJ 1w9,8* -> INTJ
INFJ 1w2,2w1 -> ISFJ
INFJ 2w3,3,4w3 -> ENFJ
INFJ 4w5, 9 -> INFP
INFJ 5,6 -> INTP
INFJ 7* -> ISTP

That seems pretty accurate to me (although I can't really speak for myself and whether I come across as an INTP ;))

But my INFJ type 2 friend comes across as an ENFJ to most outsiders, for sure, and another INFJ friend who's a type 9 went through a period where she was seriously confused as to whether she was an INFP or an INFJ... but her dominant process is clearly Ni over Fi, esp. when compared to her INFP type 9 boyfriend - pretty significant differences between those two.

I have a third INFJ friend (lol... I've collected them over the past 11 years ;)) who's a type 1. But I really think she comes across more ISxJ than INTJ. Probably just her, though, as I'd say her N/S is probably her weakest dimension.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
various MBTI/Enneagram combos that can be confused
ENTJ 8w9 and INTJ 8w7
ENTJ 7 and ENFP 8
INFP 1 and INTJ 1 (INTJ 1s get more FP, INFP 1s get more TJ)
ISTJ 8 and ESTJ 1
ESTJ 8 and ENTJ 1
ENFP 9 and INFP 7 (yes they do exist)
ENTJ 5 and INTJ 8
ESTP 8 and ENTJ 3
INFJ 9 and INFP 2
ENFJ 7 and ENFP 2
ISFP 7 and ESFP 9

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on my practical observation on this forum, not theory or real life....

Types that act the most alike:
ISFJ+ INFJ
ISTJ + INTJ
ISTP + INTP
ENFP + ENTP
INFP + ISFP
ENTJ + ESTP
ESFJ + ESFP

ESTJs act like ESTJs

agreed except for IXTJs. INTJs do not act anything like ISTJs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
agreed except for IXTJs. INTJs do not act anything like ISTJs.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The taciturn nature, occasional aspie behavior, and rigid-stick-up-the-bum can sometimes manifest in both. So can bossy, dominant, and "taking care of business." I've seen materialism or fixation with social rank or prestige in both.

Depends on the ISTJ and the INTJ.

ISTJs can also be scientists and engineers.

Yes, ISTJs and INTJs are distinctly different because of the dom function (Ni vs. Si) and that can make all the difference in the world.

Yet they still share Te aux and Fi tert.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol going out on a tangent here I've not seen any INTJ 7 xDDD

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure there's any such thing as an IxTJ 7.

It's like an ExFP 5. Except even more ridiculous.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But the idea of it is really funny given how I've seen an INTJ 2/4 then I thought to myself "there's an INTJ for all enneagram types except 7."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can easily see an INTJ 4...a 2 though? Okay that's just weird.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe that's really an INFJ Ni + Ti 4w5???

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ could be a 4 in an Ni/Fi loop if their Te wasn't strong for whatever reason. The really fanciful, emo INTJs. The ones who live in their anime movies and video games.

INTJ 2 though...I think that might be your Ni/Ti INFJ with only a bit of Fe.

INTJ 2 seems so unlikely to me. ISTJ 2 seems more plausible, even, though still quite rare.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But the idea of it is really funny given how I've seen an INTJ 2/4 then I thought to myself "there's an INTJ for all enneagram types except 7."

Tina Fey is an INTJ 7 :yes: