• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types Who Resemble Other Types

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi all!

So I've often heard it said that of all the NFs, ENFJs are the most similar to Guardians, ENFPs are the most similar to Artisans, and INFJs are the most similar to Rationals, And I think these hold pretty true.

So, I was wondering if we could make similar comparisons in the other Temperaments? The only one I could come up with was that ISTJs were the most similar to the Rationals...

Note: Yes, I am using Keirsey distinctions and terminologies, and I've gathered this system is a bit controversial here. I can't figure out a general rule using cognitive functions, and these observations are qualitative only. Because of this, the Keirsey system seemed most appropriate. If you find a pattern or prefer a different system, feel free to use it. Just please please please don't derail this thread with your personal feelings on the benefits/detriments of the Keirsey system. Thank you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFPs and ISFPs are mixed up sometimes, specifically.

I do think sometimes ISTJs think they're INTJs, but honestly ISTPs have dom Ti like INTP which makes them much more likely to get confused with one another.

I am a "Sunburst" meaning I am an NF who leans toward SP, in terms of Keirsey I feel that I am an NF-SP.

ENxJs are most like Guardians, but frankly I think ENTJs are more like SJs than ENFJs, because ENTJs are so focused on "doing" and "accomplishing" that they could much more easily get mixed up with the SJ temperament than ENFJs, IMO (and IME).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-In general, any Sensing rational for its intuitive counterpart, assuming you're a bloody moron.
-Ditto for any Feeling irrational and its Thinking counterpart. Sometimes happens the other way around as well.
-ENFP => ENTJ
-ENFP => INTJ
-ENFP => INFJ
-ENFP => INTP
-INTJ => INFJ (Worth mentioning, as it is the single most bloody common mistyping ever, after perhaps ENFP => ENTP).

I'll think of more later.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP and INTP?

I think ENFP and either of the xSFP types would come way before that mix up. That's a pretty damn big mix up, bro.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen ENTJ - INFJ mixups.

I don't know how this can happen.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For ENFPs, ESFP is probably the most common mistyping after INFP, but I have mistyped as both INTP and ENTP... and a lot of people type me as xNTJ in rl...

S

Sniffles

I always thought the common mistype for INFJs was INTP?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
... I do think sometimes ISTJs think they're INTJs, but honestly ISTPs have dom Ti like INTP which makes them much more likely to get confused with one another...

ENxJs are most like Guardians, but frankly I think ENTJs are more like SJs than ENFJs, because ENTJs are so focused on "doing" and "accomplishing" that they could much more easily get mixed up with the SJ temperament than ENFJs, IMO (and IME).

Well, I'm really looking at within each Temperament, which role variant is most like another TEmperament. Thank you for your observations though. I agree with you on ENTJs and ISTPs now that I think about it, thank you.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISxP <--> INxP
ESxJ <--> ENxJ

ENxP <--> ESxP (sorta, not really)

ISxJ <--> INxJ, INxP (sorta, not really)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've had so many people call me ESFP (mostly on-line, but one in person) that I believe it's highly likely ESxPs and ENxPs get mixed up. There's also an ESTP on this site who first thought she was ENTP.

However, I think ISFP is more likely mix-up for ENFP because ENFPs are more introverted than ESFPs in a way, so much so that ENFPs test as INFP sometimes (I do, and E is my weakest letter of the four dichotomies) so they can come across more as ISFP.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, maybe...

ENFJ --> Guardian
INFJ --> Rational
ENFP --> Artisan

ENTJ --> Guardian
ENTP --> Artisan
INTP --> Idealist?

ISTJ --> Rational
ESFJ --> Artisan
ISFJ --> Idealist? (much as it pains me to consider it)

ESTP --> Guardian
ISTP --> Rational
ISFP --> Idealist?

Thoughts?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISFJ could be closest to Idealist because they can be quite romantic and Si can get a bit fanciful in an F type since it's such a subjective, aesthetically related function. ISFJs are sometimes artists.

My ISFJ friend, when he took the same test that I got NF/SP, he got SJ/NF.

Why does it pain you?

I also think ISFPs are the closest SP to being an Idealist.

ESFJ also makes sense for Artisan, it makes more sense than the other three Guardian types.

The only one I question is that you have INTP being closest to Idealist, and suprise suprise I think it may actually be INTJs. They can be weirdly emo, and occasionally delusional. :smile:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@Marm, I think an ENFP -> ISFP mix-up would be difficult. Your own might have to do with you being an Si-valuer.

An ISFP -> ENFP mix-up would be very easy and is probably very common.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you're saying ISFPs are more likely to think they are ENFPs than ENFPs are to think they're ISFPs?

Okay.

Yeah the Si thing really trips me up because my writing, for example, is so filled with sensory imagery. I also love to cook and am very picky about food, the way things smell, blah blah blah.

You probably remember this from my thread on Personality Nation when I was considering xSFP types.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it depends on the individual.....my INFJ bf would never be confused for an INTP, but an ISFJ, maybe. He's definitely more Fe than Ti, as some INFJ claim (IMO, tert Ti usage is blown out of proportion for INFJs though). I'd probably just be confused for a type with one letter difference, probably INTP or ISFP.

My opinion (almost the same as Chiharu's):

NTs
ENTJ - SJ
ENTP - SP
INTJ - NT
INTP - NF

NFs
ENFJ - SJ
ENFP - SP
INFJ - NT
INFP - NF

SPs
ESTP - SP
ESFP - SJ
ISTP - NT
ISFP - NF

SJs
ESTJ - SJ
ESFJ - SP
ISTJ - NT
ISFJ - NF

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I would definitely say INFJ and INTP can be very similar.