• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe each of your functions in one word.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
anii,

"Birth. School. Work. Death."

If death is the end, it seems the two steps in the middle can be skipped.

Not if you want to prolong the end from happening. In fact if it was up to me all four would be skipped.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Not if you want to prolong the end from happening. In fact if it was up to me all four would be skipped.

I'm totally going to derail your thread!

But, I have to ask. What do you mean by skipping all four?

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
My topic, I'll do what the hell I like.

See, I kinda suck at Se. I didn't notice you wrote the OP until you pointed it out.

Now everybody strip!!!

I'll pass. It's a cold day here. Brrr.

On a more intelligible note, thinking about it from a Parliament of Attitudes point of view can people name fictional characters who best represent the personality of each of the vying functions in their psyche.

Cool idea. I'm struggling a lot with it though cos I don't watch many movies or much TV.

Ti: Lisa Simpson
Ne: Bernard Black
Si: Queen Elizabeth (thanks to Dansker for this one)
Fe: Martha Stewart
Te: Hyacinth Bucket (and also thanks to Dansker)
Ni: Dexter (another one courtesy of Dansker)
Se: Bart Simpson
Fi: Neil from the Young Ones

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
Not that QEII is fictional.. but she's the only Si dominant person that I could think of.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni = Hunch
Fe = experiment
Ti = analysis
Se = action

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Ti: Lisa Simpson
Ne: Bernard Black
Si: Queen Elizabeth (thanks to Dansker for this one)
Fe: Martha Stewart
Te: Hyacinth Bucket (and also thanks to Dansker)
Ni: Dexter (another one courtesy of Dansker)
Se: Bart Simpson
Fi: Neil from the Young Ones

Bernard Black would have been my other choice for Ti. Hyacinth Bucket is a good one for Te. I think maybe I should change my Ne to Dr Guilliame "Guy" Valerie Secretan.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Bernard Black would have been my other choice for Ti. Hyacinth Bucket is a good one for Te. I think maybe I should change my Ne to Dr Guilliame "Guy" Valerie Secretan.

I don't know your Ne one (like I said, I don't watch much TV etc). And yeah, I tossed up Bernard Black for Ti as well, but his Ti is more hidden than Lisa's.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm totally going to derail your thread!

But, I have to ask. What do you mean by skipping all four?

DERAIL!!!!

Of course by that I mean that if all four were skipped and no lifeform ever existed, wouldn't that just be the ideal situation for the universe?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know your Ne one (like I said, I don't watch much TV etc).

I don't suppose most people would know that one. He's from Green Wing which starred Tamsan Greig, who played Fran on Black Books.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Ti - Invincible
Ne - Fun
Si - Negligent
Fe - Ignored
Te - Pedantic
Ni - Distrustful
Se - Embarrasing
Fi - Traitorous

Ti - overload
Ne - :holy:
Si -nonexistent
Fe - :huh:
Te - executioner
Ni - dreamer
Se - stabilizer
Fi - grounder (as in, it centres you on you)

Note: my so-called shadow functions (5th to 8th) are actually stronger than my tertiary and fourth functions. Ni is actually strongest for me, second only to Ne. :huh:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Ti - overload
Ne - :holy:
Si -nonexistent
Fe - :huh:
Te - executioner
Ni - dreamer
Se - stabilizer
Fi - grounder (as in, it centres you on you)

I can understand overload for Ti, I like executioner as well.

After Ti and Ne, my strongest function is Fi. But I put traitorous because when I return to Ti from Fi, my dominant function feels slighted. I tried to explain the other functions from my Ti's point of view.

<---- you took this literally.

Is there any other way to take it?

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Ne - Scatty
Fi - Deep
Te - Organised
Si - Unobservant

Ni - Quiet
Fe - Unreliable
Ti - Difficult
Se - Momentary

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ni: network
Fe: relationships
Ti: analysis
Se: nature
Ne: out-of-the-box
Fi: inner voice
Te: fumbling
Si: drudgery

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
DERAIL!!!!

Of course by that I mean that if all four were skipped and no lifeform ever existed, wouldn't that just be the ideal situation for the universe?

I suspected that is what you meant. There was a time I shared your belief. It would be better to have no life instead of life with no understanding--as is all too common in the world--but life with understanding is more desirable still.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
I can understand overload for Ti, I like executioner as well.

After Ti and Ne, my strongest function is Fi. But I put traitorous because when I return to Ti from Fi, my dominant function feels slighted. I tried to explain the other functions from my Ti's point of view.

Is there any other way to take it?

yes. complete overload. Not sure, but since you're an intp, i'd like some point of reference: do you ever get into that situation where your mind races and races, and creates lots of scenarios, and you're having imaginary conversations in your head with real people that seem real?

i get that quite a lot; and sometimes, it skews your view of people in real life. As in, you unconsciously fault them for something they did only in your head. :blush:

(does this make sense?)

Interesting though. My Ti doesn't feel slighted by Fi at all. They flow together: as in, Ti makes sense of Fi, and allows it to be acted upon appropriately. Ne is very strong for me, hence Ne-Ti combined steps in as a mimicry of Fe to help me determine what is appropriate and what is inappropriate in social settings, when one's beliefs and values are called into question (Fi). Internally tho, there is little conflict. (if it explains any, i'm a 4w5.) ie, as an intp, the system i'm most used to is emotions. Specifically: the logic of emotions. That's why i often appear emotional, when in actuality, i'm very, very rational.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
In no particular order:

Ti: Mathematical
Te: Scientific
Fi: Ethical
Fe: Pedagogical

Se: Stimulation
Si: Impression
Ne: Relation
Ni: Transformation

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
In the order that they usually compliment each other and pertain to my daily life.

Ne- Mischeif

Ti- Efficiently

Fe- Enjoyment

Si- Revisit