• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Information Concerning Types' Cognitive Function

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I can't see any other conceivable reason why he would have typed JJ as an ISFJ.

Same with the resident INTP ex-PUA who once said I was an ESFJ rather than an ENFP because I had a problem with stopping myself from laughing uncontrollably at any and all things PUA.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
And oh for some reason Edgar could never explain to me exactly why he thought I was INFJ.

I always found that a little suspect that he never felt like "getting into it."

G

Ginkgo

Same with the resident INTP ex-PUA who once said I was an ESFJ rather than an ENFP because I had a problem with stopping myself from laughing uncontrollably at any and all things PUA.

Do you actually believe that shit? Do you believe their reasoning was even clear?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you actually believe that shit? Do you believe their reasoning was even clear?

I believed Edgar was sincere at first because he claimed he wasn't trolling me and encouraged me to read Keirsey.

But after I finally read Please Understand Me II and paid for the Internet Keirsey test I was, like, ten thousand times more convinced I was ENFP, and shocked at how obvious it was that I'm not an FJ.

It made me realize he was typing me (and other people, like saying Elaur is an ESFJ because she's a housewife - the JJ thing was just preposterous, if he wasn't trolling, his grasp of type theory is incredibly sad) based on some kind of weird stereotype, or maybe even an INFJ woman he had known before and I kept asking him AND HE WOULD NEVER GIVE A CLEAR ANSWER.

I also realized that other theories he followed about other aspects of human behavior were laughable stereotypes, and then I became even more convinced that, yes, Edgar really believes what he says about FJs. He believes in stereotypes about people.

In the case of our PUA friend, I couldn't be 100% sure if he was trolling me or not, but he seemed awfully butthurt that I'm too smart for PUA and apparently was telling himself lies about the sexual availability of ENFPs - apparently we have no standards at all, I don't know.

I found it all very insulting and disgusting, especially since people respect INTx so much for being intelligent...and here's an INTP and an INTJ running around, quite frankly, saying the stupidest shit.

Which is why I'm comparing it with your frustration with Simulated World and his ideas about Fi.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think there should be descriptions on how Ti works for Se and/or Ne (if applicable) because Se + Ti could look a lot like Te. If I'm not wrong Sim has explanations for how Ti works for ISTPs and ESTPs.

The standard definition of Ti seems way too theoretical and too "passive" (in a sense that it's does not stimulate Se) for it to work for an Se dom/aux.

G

Ginkgo

I believed Edgar was sincere at first because he claimed he wasn't trolling me and encouraged me to read Keirsey.

But after I finally read Please Understand Me II and paid for the Internet Keirsey test I was, like, ten thousand times more convinced I was ENFP, and shocked at how obvious it was that I'm not an FJ.

It made me realize he was typing me (and other people, like saying Elaur is an ESFJ because she's a housewife - the JJ thing was just preposterous, if he wasn't trolling, his grasp of type theory is incredibly sad) based on some kind of weird stereotype, or maybe even an INFJ woman he had known before and I kept asking him AND HE WOULD NEVER GIVE A CLEAR ANSWER.

I also realized that other theories he followed about other aspects of human behavior were laughable stereotypes, and then I became even more convinced that, yes, Edgar really believes what he says about FJs. He believes in stereotypes about people.

In the case of our PUA friend, I couldn't be 100% sure if he was trolling me or not, but he seemed awfully butthurt that I'm too smart for PUA and apparently was telling himself lies about the sexual availability of ENFPs - apparently we have no standards at all, I don't know.

I found it all very insulting and disgusting, especially since people respect INTx so much for being intelligent...and here's an INTP and an INTJ running around, quite frankly, saying the stupidest shit.

Which is why I'm comparing it with your frustration with Simulated World and his ideas about Fi.

Good for you. :) Well, simulated world definitely has his own prejudices; and if we didn't, we would walk around with a sort of child-like amnesia, having to relearn constantly as if our brains were vacuums.

I'm not going to deny that I have my own typological stereotypes and prejudices, but I've beaten them back in the cage where they belong because I'd rather them not contaminate the views of others, particularly those who are fragile, impressionable, and most importantly, human. If we let those prejudices blind us to new experiences, then we will only relive old pains. I want to continue learning about people with eyes open, but sometimes wincing; and I want others to learn is well, which is why I don't inflict my own pains and demons on them.

Kiersey's theories are jokes. I can't read them without trying to suppress laughter. No wonder they were hot during the 80's - they were palatable to anyone who wanted to feel good about themselves and others without recognizing the more grim realities of human existence. Kiersey's key message was to deliver acceptance, but one can never truly accept a person without knowing the good, the bad, and the ugly of them. Stay hideous, my friends.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, like, you're saying he's the equivalent of those dudes who say every chick who doesn't want to bang them must be an FJ?

Wait, hold on, did I just walk in on people talking about how I typed JJ as an ISFJ because she didn't want to bang me?

Sorry, I was absent from TypoC for a while. What else did I miss?

G

Ginkgo

Wait, hold on, did I just walk in on people talking about how I typed JJ as an ISFJ because she didn't want to bang me?

It's ok dude I wanted to bang her sideways too. Walk unafraid.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest, I think it deals with someone's personal philosophies, and not their cognitive preferences. Sure, one's cognitive preferences can shape those philosophies, but they don't dictate the content. Sim thinks that Fi doms think they live up on some lofty tower striking heathens with lightning bolt guilt trips according to some God placed on their tongue. Sim just doesn't liked to be called out by any single individual who has a personal problem with his missteps.

Do you think that your values lie outside of your subjective feelings?

I'll actually defend Sim here by noting he's recognized the flaws in his Fi description (and seems to be trying hard to remove his personal bias against it; so good for him), because he admitted to it when he PM'd me on another site for input on Fi. I gave him quite a bit of info to use, but I have been lazy about replying to his response following that info looking for clarification (and I admit I tread delicately; I'm not looking for some drawn out debate...).

I agree with your general summation here. The Fi description is too "on a moral high horse" for my taste also; way too much of black & white "right & wrong" attitude that is not really Fi. The aesthetic side of Fi is left out (which can be quite frivolous & playful, not so dour & self-righteous), something Sim acknowledged also.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think there should be descriptions on how Ti works for Se and/or Ne (if applicable) because Se + Ti could look a lot like Te. If I'm not wrong Sim has explanations for how Ti works for ISTPs and ESTPs.

The standard definition of Ti seems way too theoretical and too "passive" (in a sense that it's does not stimulate Se) for it to work for an Se dom/aux.

I agree.
Same for Se + Fi.

Two pages long theoretical explaination is okay, but a few concrete examples would make everything much more simple.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree.
Same for Se + Fi.

Two pages long theoretical explaination is okay, but a few concrete examples would make everything much more simple.

There are, on Personality Nation. Simulated World has done every single type.

Like Se/Fi vs. Ne/Fi...this is how I can see I'm xNFP and not xSFP. xNFPs make theoretical ethical judgements ahead of time and xSFPs don't decide what they would do until they're in that situation.

I mean, I try to put myself in other people's shoes and think that I can't judge them because I'm not in their position, but I still think that qualifies as theoretical ethical judgment ahead of time.

Plus, I have more Si than Se.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's ok dude I wanted to bang her sideways too. Walk unafraid.

Were your unwanted amorous advances shot down in full view of Marm (but no one else) as well?

G

Ginkgo

Were your unwanted amorous advances shot down in full view of Marm (but no one else) as well?

Yes. Marm had to remind me, as even I was completely unaware of my ravenous pussy lust until she illuminated these simple Truths.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

That happened over a year ago. Do you have alzheimer's?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Was my INFJ behavior made clear to you (but no one else)?

You're the only person like in the entire world who thinks I'm INFJ and you never would explain why.