Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    I'm always thinking of stuff like, "If someone threatened my cat's life, would I be justified in killing them?" or "If I could only rescue either an ill baby with a poor prognosis or a guide dog from a fire, which one would I rescue?" I like questions that weigh the value of non-human animal life compared to human life. Anyway, yeah, I definitely weigh things out beforehand. There is virtually no chance I will be running into a burning building in this lifetime. But if I had to, there's no way I can think fast enough to produce an accurate, sound judgment if I wait until I'm in the situation.

------

I read this (http://www.personalitynation.com/isf...-analysis.html), and I think I see the main point behind it, but I can't say I totally agree.

"I think it's important not to overthink things. I guess I know generally how I feel about things, but I often don't really consciously think about it until a situation comes up, and then I just respond in whatever way feels right at the time. [I addressed this above, but yeah, that's wrong for me.]

I don't think you can really prepare for the most important moments in life because you never really know what things are going to be like until you get there and feel for yourself how it affects you, emotionally and physically. [Technically I can't know until I've been there, but I can predict things. I can run "simulations" in my head. I would rather do that and be 90% accurate (I can make some good predictions).]

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out how other people feel, too--just from watching them and thinking about how I'd feel if I were in their shoes. It's really important to treat people in a caring and understanding way--I know that's how I'd want them to treat me. [True enough.]

More than anything, I guess, I just want to be who I am and not try to overanalyze or define things more heavily than I need to. [I'm all about the precise definitions, actually. I would not even use the word "overanalysis" -- that implies it's possible to do too much analysis, which IMO it is not. If I'm continually analyzing without action, there's a reason -- I'll bet that analysis is necessary.]

Just feel it out, do what seems moral and feels right to you in that moment and you'll know what to do when the time comes." [This sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!]

I'm very sure of ISxP, so.
    Yeah what you describe definitely sound like Fi dom thoughts...I feel like Fi doms are always asking me pesky questions like would I save a cat or a person if I could only save one from drowning, and I'm like "COME ON. REALLY?"

That's just what they tell me is the difference between Fi/Ne and Fi/Se is.

I actually had a hard time with that, I considered ISFP as a type for myself, but it was illustrated quite plainly to me that I have Si rather than Se, and that I'm not an Fi dom, and I just wasn't "seeing" my Ne because it's my dom function and sometimes we're blind to our dom function because we believe that's just "how it is."

Reading Jung, and reading through Lenore Thomson and Beebe really helped to grasp how much I'm Ne/Fi/Te/Si, though. I highly recommend doing that.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah what you describe definitely sound like Fi dom thoughts...I feel like Fi doms are always asking me pesky questions like would I save a cat or a person if I could only save one from drowning, and I'm like "COME ON. REALLY?"

That's just what they tell me is the difference between Fi/Ne and Fi/Se is.

I actually had a hard time with that, I considered ISFP as a type for myself, but it was illustrated quite plainly to me that I have Si rather than Se, and that I'm not an Fi dom, and I just wasn't "seeing" my Ne because it's my dom function and sometimes we're blind to our dom function because we believe that's just "how it is."

Reading Jung, and reading through Lenore Thomson and Beebe really helped to grasp how much I'm Ne/Fi/Te/Si, though. I highly recommend doing that.
    Right, exactly. It has to do with Fi, not N/S preference. I understand the dominant function blindness -- I'm considering ESFP because of it. I can see Fi but not Se.

I've read the part of Psychological Types that is online, but not the whole book. I have to get the Lenore Thomson book, I think it's a good one, I just have not read it yet. (The wiki is probably incomplete.)
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    Right, exactly. It has to do with Fi, not N/S preference. I understand the dominant function blindness -- I'm considering ESFP because of it. I can see Fi but not Se.

I've read the part of Psychological Types that is online, but not the whole book. I have to get the Lenore Thomson book, I think it's a good one, I just have not read it yet. (The wiki is probably incomplete.)
    I was entirely certain I had Fi/Te, those were the two easiest functions for me to recognize in myself. Interestingly out of Ne and Si I recognized strongly my preference for Si over Se (when I finally understood what Si actually is) instead of Ne over Ni, I questioned those two more but now I understand the difference. The only other type I could be is STJ and that's a really big NOPE.

My functional order for ENFP fits the Lenore Thomson model very well, though I sometimes test INFP on dichotomy tests, and I believe this is because my social extroversion is lower, in terms of the four dichotomies I'm a milder extrovert.