User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    ISTP is opposite, ESTJ shares no functions. ISTP has the same functions in reverse order, correct? ESTJ has none of the same functions at all.

I'll leave that up to you to decide which one is opposite...
    If you're talking about the opposite of INFP, it's the ESTJ who has the opposite four primary functions according to MBTI and ISTP together with ESTP, INFJ and ENFJ who share none.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

deleted

I don't believe there is a strict function order, but I believe it goes like this...

INTJ Example:

Ni Ne Te Ti Fi Fe Se Si

The alternative function goes right after on a very lenient notion.

Mine fits closely with this.

Ni Ne/Te Fi/Ti Fe Se Si

A lot of the times Te is more used than Ne. Depends.

But based on how I believe the functions to play out, in a general sense, the opposite type would be ABBA, like the band, where A stays the same and B is the opposite. ABBA types literally have opposite ways of judging that are quite noticeable. I also think BBAB is a good opposite type (more complicated reason for function order.) BBAB types literally have opposite ways of perceiving that are quite noticeable.

The P/J dichotomy is quite wide in potential.

If you reverse the order of the functions, you get a good opposite type.

ABBA Types

INTJ-ISFJ
    INFJ-ISTJ
    ENTJ-ESFJ
    ENFJ-ESTJ
    INTP-ISFP
    INFP-ISTP
    ENTP-ESFP
    ENFP-ESTP

BBAB Types

INTJ-ESTP
    INFJ-ESFP
    ENTJ-ISTP
    ENFJ-INFP
    INTP-ESTJ
    INFP-ESFJ
    ENTP-ISTJ
    ENFP-INFJ

That's if you believe in the importance of functions. The reason I believe in ABBA is because the purpose of J and P is the signify which functions are introverted/extroverted, thus EJ has more commonality with IP than EJ does with IJ.

I like BBAB as well because it seems correct enough.

ESTJ and INFP are like fractal opposites, not mirror opposites.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's the whole rundown of how changing the letters affects the functions (Starting with Beebe's order as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8):

E/I: blocks maintain same order, functions in pairs switched (2,1; 4,3; etc) (Keirsey: "least important dichotomy")
    S/N: same attitudes in place; perceiving functions swapped (and also reversed in tandem order) and take opposite attitude (types will "see things differently", but judge the same way).
    I Types: primary/shadow "irrational arms" (i.e. perceiving function) are swapped and reversed - 1,7,6,4,5,3,2,8.
    E types: primary/shadow "irrational spines" are swapped and reversed 8,2,3,5,4,6,7,1

T/F: same attitudes in place; judging functions swapped (and also reversed in tandem order) and take opposite attitude (types will see things the same way, but "judge things differently").
    I types: primary/shadow "rational spines" (i.e. judging function) are swapped and reversed - 8,2,3,5,4,6,7,1.
    E types: primary/shadow "rational arms" are swapped and reversed - 1,7,6,4,5,3,2,8

J/P: same attitudes in place, but the blocks swapped between primary and shadow with pairs reversed; all functions taking opposite attitudes (total shadow opposites; most drastic dichotomy switch: 6,5,8,7,2,1,4,3)

E/I + J/P (two middle letters the same; Bob McAlpine Opposing Personality; Ken Liberty attitude-antagonistic) same processes in place with attitudes reversed; even swap of four function primary/shadow ranges (diametric attitude opposite: 5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4)

S/N + T/F (two middle letters changed; McAlpines Dynamic Opposite): All eight functions reversed in order (attitudes fall into the same places). Most diametrically opposite type, cognitively, though types will differ only by expressed or wanted Control except for NFP/STP and SFJ/NTJ. (8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1)

E/I + S/N (first two letters) judgment compatible only; spine becomes arm and is replaced with shadow arm as new "spine" with pairs reversed: (7,1,4,6,3,5,8,2)

E/I + T/F perception compatible only; arm becomes spine; and is replaced with shadow spine as new "arm" with pairs reversed: (2,8,5,3,6,4,1,7)

S/N + J/P reverse perception compatible (same primary perception functions; arm reversed and becomes spine, and is replaced with shadow spine as new "arm": 3,5,8,2,7,1,4,6)

T/F + J/P (last two letters) reverse judgment compatible (spine reversed and becomes arm and is replaced with shadow arm as new "spine": 6,4,1,7,2,8,5,3)

S/N + T/F + J/P (opposite intelligence type, same attitude): Even block swap within primary/shadow range. Next most similar type after E/I swap, also is also usually similar in e/w-I/C (3,4 - 1,2, etc.)

All letters opposite: (Keirseys "Opposites Attract"; Beebe inverse relationship): four functions reversed within primary/shadow blocks (4,3,2,1,8,7,6,5)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

moved some posts here

may move some more posts out once I can take a closer look.

Don't make me turn this car around.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post

ABBA Types

INTJ-ISFJ
    INFJ-ISTJ
    ENTJ-ESFJ
    ENFJ-ESTJ
    INTP-ISFP
    INFP-ISTP
    ENTP-ESFP
    ENFP-ESTP
    Sorry, but you are mistaken. There were only four people in ABBA.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel