• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it hard being an extrovert ?

Is being an extrovert hard?

• It sucks! I want to be an introvert! =(

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I would prefer being an introvert, but being E is alright

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • It is hard, but I still like being an extrovert

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • It's hard being E, but I'm neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not hard being E, I'm neutral

• introverts are awesome too, but I'm glad I'm E

• I love being an extrovert! =D

• It's just a friggin letter, who cares?

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
That's true. I talk to myself. And my rule is that, when I talk to myself, it has to be in Spanish. Since I am a motormouth, it has turned out to be a good way for me to practice my Spanish!

A good E can learn to feel fine talking to themselves... heheh.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nuh-uh! Not if you're ENFP! BC we're the extravert most likely to be the one in the corner :p

I probably do bug [the hell out of] some introverts, but mostly I don't. Since being an extravert means you usually have a wider collection of hapless victims to choose from as well as well as lots of things to distract us. Also - I'M FRICKIN CHARMING, DAMMIT!

:laugh:

Ok, maybe not. But I swear. to. gawd. introverts have told me (and I quote) I am "not annoying". :angel:

I like being extroverted, I would like to be more extroverted in certain ways. Like...Fe ways :D

I hide in the corner from my ESFP mother and some ESFJs, it's true. I'm not gonna lie. They can out-talk me, and occasionally it feels like straight-up assault. That's why I do have a shred of sympathy for introverts, because I understand the feeling of "yes could you please just shut the fuck up and go play by yourself or with someone else for a minute."

But on the other hand, me and my ESFP mother can also follow each other around the house talking, same with my ESFJ ex - we could spend hours on the phone, and would occasionally talk over each other. It drove his ISFJ mother batshit crazy sometimes when we were at her house just talking and talking and talking...the main difference is he was the kind of person who would even want to talk first thing in the morning, and I had to teach him to leave me alone. Same thing with my mother, she calls me the sleeping bear and knows not to fuck with me because she can be a straight-up annoying, draining, over-dramatic emotional vampire at times, and my two extroverted sisters agree with me on this fact.

So yeah, I can be a little of both.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, It can be hard living an extroverted lifestyle ;)

-People you don't remember know your name....so you have to play the roll in efforts to not hurt their feelings.
-Sometimes those people you don't remember ask you to take their number down, and you have to ask them to spell their name ;)...and their name is something simple like Bob lol.
-Your calendar is completely booked all the time so you end up feeling overwhelmed at times.
-People are comfortable telling you about all of their crazy / gross stories that are way TMI.
-You feel sad when you arent given the props or compliments you think you deserve.
-When your having a bad hair day you don't feel comfortable to be seen in public.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-People you don't remember know your name....so you have to play the roll in efforts to not hurt their feelings.
-Sometimes those people you don't remember ask you to take their number down, and you have to ask them to spell their name ;)...and their name is something simple like Bob lol.

When they offer their number you just put your cell phone in their hand and say: "Sorry, could you please just type in your name, phone number and e-mail adress for me. It's faster that way"

Which is even true. :biggrin:

(old not-a-people-person introvert trick!)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
everyone tells you to "be yourself" but then when you actually go and do it they say you're "too much" or "disruptive".

I like to play a game to see who will talk first. I usually give in.

-You feel sad when you arent given the props or compliments you think you deserve.
-When your having a bad hair day you don't feel comfortable to be seen in public.

you just need more understanding towards them. you know they cant activate their brains properly without some help from the external world, so you need to look at them like handicaps who are in need of help from us :D

It's true, it's all true! :cry:

I would go hide in a corner, except I know that it would make things even worse....

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
:D

it's a daily struggle.

- whenever i visit anywhere on the globe i know i have someone who knows me
- even if i didn't, i can never go anywhere without making friends
- sometimes i get really bored and depressive when i'm in an elevator alone
- i need a 10-car caravan to hold all my really close friends
- my extensive family is always offering me places to stay
- i bond easily in every social situation, even across language barriers
- i get fidgety if i'm not the life of the party
- i have trouble with gangs because i make (rather assertive) friends on both sides
- i start to feel lonely when i remember there are only 6 billion people on the planet
- sometimes it gets old, being the center of attention
- i have to tape my mouth shut at night so i don't talk
- i also have to duct tape myself to the bed so i don't go off on amazing impulsive adventures
- i never get into those "gifted" programs because people already recognize all my amazing talents and i already own those programs

I have this problem. Isn't it a bitch?

ENFP-INTJ mystery solved.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJs are the only type who are able to chain girls who are seriously asking for it?

Some SJs are also happy to put you on lock down without your consent oblige as well.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some SJs are also happy to put you on lock down without your consent oblige as well.

im tempted to tell you things that would get this topic deleted :jew:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh man, I hate when I'm on the phone and I hear the beep of text messages coming in. It's frustrating to not know who is texting me while I'm talking to someone. Phones are so... one on one all the time.

rav3n

you just need more understanding towards them. you know they cant activate their brains properly without some help from the external world, so you need to look at them like handicaps who are in need of help from us :D
So, so true. Had you not posted this, I would have continued staring at my monitor, not breathing, mildly drooling. Thank god for bibs or laundry would become a daily event! Or maybe I should remove the bib so that laundry triggers activity! :laugh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, so true. Had you not posted this, I would have continued staring at my monitor, not breathing, mildly drooling. Thank god for bibs or laundry would become a daily event! Or maybe I should remove the bib so that laundry triggers activity! :laugh:

I have a ventilator and feeding tube handy in the closet in case stimuli reaches critical lows. The bible is always so vague about catastrophic events. I'm fully convinced that one day, the world is going to be full of blackness and nothingness. An environment where introverts will thrive, and extroverts will die or have to start evolving all over again.

rav3n

I have a ventilator and feeding tube handy in the closet in case stimuli reaches critical lows. The bible is always so vague about catastrophic events. I'm fully convinced that one day, the world is going to be full of blackness and nothingness. An environment where introverts will thrive, and extroverts will die or have to start evolving all over again.
Thanks for the retrigger to activity! It feels good to take a breath of air!

You have to share your secret with me about how you manage to get to the closet for feeding and breathing if no one's around to spark you out of our usual catatonic state. So inspiring!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the retrigger to activity! It feels good to take a breath of air!

You have to share your secret with me about how you manage to get to the closet for feeding and breathing if no one's around to spark you out of our usual catatonic state. So inspiring!

I sit next to the closet, talking on the phone all day. I figure once the blackness comes, I have about five minutes of mental activity in the emergency supply to act.. (Because, thankfully, I'm an ambivert.) And on extra "high alert" days, (like the other day, when it was supposed to be "The End of the World", or on the last day of the year, or holidays, or the anniversary of previous catastrophic events,) I just wear the ventilator all day and insert a PICC line just in case. Better safe than sorry.

rav3n

I sit next to the closet, talking on the phone all day. I figure once the blackness comes, I have about five minutes of mental activity in the emergency supply to act. And on extra "high alert" days, (like the other day, when it was supposed to be "The End of the World", or on the last day of the year, or holidays, or the anniversary of previous catastrophic events,) I just wear the ventilator all day and insert a PICC line just in case. Better safe than sorry.
Awesome! I sit at your knee as a disciple of disaster recovery planning.

One question, shouldn't we include a catheter and bed pan in our closet?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome! I sit at your knee as a disciple of disaster recovery planning.

One question, shouldn't we include a catheter and bed pan in our closet?

Oh, yes. How S of me. I was just being so practical about the breathing and nourishment and stuff that I completely forgot about that. Good thinking, you idealist!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lulz

As a relative ambivert I've been able to "turn on" and "turn off" and I remember by the time I was in high school feeling sorry for people who couldn't easily make friends or speak up for themselves or what have you. On the other hand, I'm also kind of introverted in a way, so I'm not wildly wildly social ...though I did go through more of a phase like that in my teens and early twenties, where I was always hanging out and going to parties.

But yeah I don't have a problem being by myself, I can keep myself plenty occupied, but I do get more easily distracted and probably have a harder time focusing than an introvert, and I do start to feel kind of "dead" if I can't communicate with people in some way.

I don't have to talk all the time though. I'm not like my mom. I think my mom would DIE if she couldn't talk 10 hours per day.

I joke, I joke, I keed, I keed. It's more like 9 1/2.

same totally except that my mom is an infj that literally looks pissed off anytime anyone speaks to her and disrupts her thoughts...so funny...

i'm pretty much an ambivert too.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh man, I hate when I'm on the phone and I hear the beep of text messages coming in. It's frustrating to not know who is texting me while I'm talking to someone. Phones are so... one on one all the time.

I know right, wouldn't you extroverts wished you could talk to like 10 people on the phone like all the time?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i hate how facebook friend space maxes out at 999,999. it makes me feel so alone at night.