• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm a T, I'm an F

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I often have trouble pronouncing my type as T or F because I have a lot of qualities that can be described as both. In the end, I don't really think the dichotomies are exclusive of one another. So, in this thread, feel free to post the things that make you sound T and F. Maybe we could get some debates started about how to classify certain qualities and habits, too.

(N)T
Love criticizing ideas
Used to read books on cosmology and theoretical physics
Love integrating ideas and modeling information
Enjoy sport-arguing
Deal with problems through analysis
Make jokes that play with language and logic

(N)F
Frequently come to the defense of the weak and helpless
Love counseling people
Make it a point to connect to people who seem lonely or who are neglected by others (waiters, homeless people)
Used to be, and somewhat still am, obsessed with the paranormal
Driven towards self-improvement and self-actualization and constantly monitor moods
Very good are reading body language
Jokes play with people's taboos

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
T:
Approaches economic and social policy from an emotionless perspective
Enjoys playing Devil's advocate
Never felt guilt

F:
Obsessed with becoming a 'perfect person'
Reads people very well
Optimistic despite evidence to the contrary
Loves/Hates Sona

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Edahn, you are an INTP because you make me go X_X.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
(N)T
Love criticizing ideas
Used to read books on cosmology and theoretical physics
Love integrating ideas and modeling information
Enjoy sport-arguing
Deal with problems through analysis
Make jokes that play with language and logic

(N)F
Frequently come to the defense of the weak and helpless
Love counseling people
Make it a point to connect to people who seem lonely or who are neglected by others (waiters, homeless people)
Used to be, and somewhat still am, obsessed with the paranormal
Driven towards self-improvement and self-actualization and constantly monitor moods
Very good are reading body language
Jokes play with people's taboos

T:
Approaches economic and social policy from an emotionless perspective
Enjoys playing Devil's advocate
Never felt guilt

F:
Obsessed with becoming a 'perfect person'
Reads people very well
Optimistic despite evidence to the contrary

All the above describe me. :huh:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Re: OP. I see myself in both of your lists, as well. I've always had a fascination with the paranormal, too, though I'm not convinced I actually believe in it.

Honestly, from what I've seen of your interactions here, I think it's less that you like to counsel people and more that you like to be good at psychoanalyzing them or pushing their buttons. That's okay; sometimes it's helpful. And some people respond well to that sort of approach. Every once in a while, both here and on INTPc, I've seen you give some really nice, altruistic-type advice, sharing your personal experiences along with the shrink stuff. :D But a lot of the time it comes off as you sort of playing a game with people, picking at the scab and asking questions until they have to deal with it. That seems far more T to me.

My F:
Enjoy (good) poetry
Love to perform and inhabit a character that's not me--to try and feel what they feel and enter another world.
Prefer literature to math
Enjoy giving service to others and making them happy

The rest of me's pretty much T. I like to systemize pretty much everything. Even the F-type stuff.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
*reenters thread*

*slaps Edahn across the face*

You are an INTP goddammit!!!!!

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
*reenters thread*

The fact that he is questioning his type after all this time is probably proof of that. If he were an INTJ or INFJ, he wouldn't be so indecisive.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Edahn, you are an INTP because you make me go X_X.

*reenters thread*

Yeah, I heard it the first time. For one thing, I'm not really questioning my type with this thread, just exploring. Another thing -- neither post is really substantive. If you want to give me a thoughtful post about why you think I'm INTP, I'd appreciate it much more, even though this isn't really the place for it. But shit like ^^ that... c'mon. What'm I supposed to do with that?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^lol

I don't know anything about type theory, hence me never using "Fe", "Ni" and, Jung this and that, in any of my posts. But I am capable of "reverse" typing if you will, and with that, I do know that, as a group, you INTPs drive me nuts.

It seems as if you guys are "painful" intellectuals. Sardonic at times and generally shrewd.

*Don't shoot me, but as a type, you guys don't *seem* that happy with either life, or just yourselves.

I don't know, I'll think about it more, and post more on it later.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
The fact that he is questioning his type after all this time is probably proof of that. If he were an INTJ or INFJ, he wouldn't be so indecisive.
Depends. INJs are "sure" only *after* Ni has "seen the truth". Before that, we can be even more indecisive than the NPest of NPs.

Tough I *would* expect an INJ to have taken the necessary steps, by now, to resolve the matter...

But again, an INJ with high Ne might not feel this drive...

And then again, would a "non-decisive INJ" even *voice* their indecisiveness?

*sigh*

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends. INJs are "sure" only *after* Ni has "seen the truth". Before that, we can be even more indecisive than the NPest of NPs.

Tough I *would* expect an INJ to have taken the necessary steps, by now, to resolve the matter...

*sigh*

if they were smart
i did with my type
each fickle step along the way
even though i tested intj at first and foremost, and still do at times
i am an INFJ, no doubt aboot it
just borderline S and T

by doing so openly,
you gain others perspective
even if off,
it can give you a " why i am not this " slant on things
thats probably using Ne to define Ni
or Fe and Ti working their voodoo on shizz

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
T:
I read Wikipedia for fun
I want to know the truth of everything
I question myself, analyze, and correct my views
Everything can be a system for me, and they can be evaluated objectively
First thing coming to my mind from a people situation is impersonal, objective analysis
I can criticize people, group mentality and cherished - but illogical values - rather easily.
I'm rather worry-free and detached from most feelings around me
I think my feelings, overall, are controlled by thinking
I love complex logical systems and the things they generate
I learn to use machines instantly
I can fix most anything

F:
I love to share the deepest thoughts with another to get to know him/her
I talk a lot about people and their thoughts, feelings and actions
I love to comfort a friend who's down for the feeling of closeness it provides
I enjoy drama
I love to play with people dynamics and to get to do a lot with different people
I understand people very well, and I got good people skills and verbal communication skills.
I am doing a great effort to preserve the values inside the circle of my close friends
I'm devoted to keep personal integrity and good morale
I've fallen in love rather easily
I actively take care of people's feelings around me, tho I voice it out if I think their behaviour is out of place or illogical
I strive towards emotional closeness, tho I restrain myself so as to not lose individuality

That's something..

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

*sigh*

Well this is exactly why I created the "individualistic" and "collectivistic" threads. I had a hunch that proved correct when it comes to determining NFJs from NFPs, NTPs, and NTJs.

Individualists are far more likely to have moderate to high Fi or just weak Fe. That means they are more likely to be NFPs, NTPs, or NTJs.

Collectivists are far more likely to have moderate to high Fe or just weak Fi.
That means they are more likely to be NFJs.

So the question is whether or not Edahn is individualistic or collectivistic. I believe he is the former and so he must be either NFP, NTP, or NTJ. Now if he is an NFP, then that means he would be more similar to CaptainChick than to us. I don't see that as very likely, and therefore I conclude he is an NTP. ;)

In case you didn't guess, a good share of that was just a joke.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
T:

I think I want to....

F:

It feels right to....

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^lol

I don't know anything about type theory, hence me never using "Fe", "Ni" and, Jung this and that, in any of my posts. But I am capable of "reverse" typing if you will, and with that, I do know that, as a group, you INTPs drive me nuts.

It seems as if you guys are "painful" intellectuals. Sardonic at times and generally shrewd.

*Don't shoot me, but as a type, you guys don't *seem* that happy with either life, or just yourselves.

I don't know, I'll think about it more, and post more on it later.

Interesting, thanks. I agree, too.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
T:
-I have a strong intellectual interest in morality, which might often be mistaken for vehement defense of my own values.
-I don't hold grudges.. I have a strange way of putting the past behind myself and others for the sake of enjoyable company.. business.. etc.
-I prefer an impersonal approach when dealing with others... Touchy-feely stuff makes me :horor: .. even in relationships. I'm the one that changes the subject after you say I love you :rofl1:
-I have an endless fascination with systems.... I have to know everything and know how it works.
-I do strange things in my friendships and relationships just to demonstrate that I am entirely independent of the other person.
-To me, a friend is someone I can laugh with, not someone to keep my secrets and give me a shoulder to cry on.

F:
-I think it's my Si that makes me deeply moved by music, and that is the only thing that has really made me think I am a feeler.. I love music and movies and nature..

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
T -Criticizing ideas and methods
-Arguing for sport (I like to go into a Stephan Colbert type character sometimes and argue rediculous things like that humans and robots are truely no different :D)
-Sometimes thinking logically (although a truely logical person usually steps in and beats me out if its a debate)

F-I like to help people who are down
-I do EVERYTHING based on values... what homework I value or don't value, what hobbies, ect.
-I feel emotion when listening to music, sometimes to the point of it overwhelming me, which I enjoy very much.
-I feel emotion about everything :D
-I can create characters and their emotions and everything, and I sometimes imagine qualities people don't actually posess :doh:
-I am obsessed with personal identity type stuff and creating values for myself
-I have a strong desire to inspire people on a large scale

My F stuff has a bigger part of my life than the T stuff... and the T stuff I especially do when I'm frustrated or angry. To get into type theory stuff... I have very strong Fi, medium to weak Fe, and I have fairly well developed Ti and Te. The F stuff is always at the forfront of everything though, and Ne is always backing nicely.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
I get weird pangs of sympathy/male-mothering instincts every once in a while.

I'm also pretty involved in certain international humanitarian circles, which is an odd compared to my more technical studies in college. It's like two completely different faces.

I attribute this to a weird tertiary Fe though.