• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What can an SJ do that an NJ can't?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
putting up with type-superior idiots on typology websites for one thing... they are MUCH more courteous to fucktarded threads started by other types in the SJ subforum than ANY other group would be...

why do threads like this keep popping up? do the members on here really have that low of self esteem? :huh:

redacted

MBTI isn't about ability. Theoretically, all types can do all things.

There are trends regarding average members of types at certain age/maturity levels, but if you really think that a person is limited in capacity by a 4 dimensional reduction of the entire brain, you are just ignorant.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother is an ISTJ.

He is a sports journalist and can draw on a vast store of minute details about hockey history to help him write his much-admired articles which are read by tens of thousands of people. He is also a very fine writer and has written across a variety of genres with success. I'm a good writer too, but I'll never have the kind of detail/fact recall to do what he can do - not in a million years.

He is also less of a rule-follower than I am, in many ways. Yes, he is keenly and almost emotionally attached to certain traditions and rules, but he chooses his own way. He doesn't care about rules and traditions where he doesn't see their value (though he would certainly never make a fanfare out of breaking or not following those that he doesn't agree with.) To a casual observer I probably look more "typical" and "conformist" than he does, which I'm pretty sure is down to my strong Fe.

By the way, Perch, the way you're going I anticipate you're going to do something to get permabanned relatively soon, so enjoy your short time here :hi:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My brother is an ISTJ.

He is a sports journalist and can draw on a vast store of minute details about hockey history to help him write his much-admired articles which are read by tens of thousands of people. He is also a very fine writer and has written across a variety of genres with success. I'm a good writer too, but I'll never have the kind of detail/fact recall to do what he can do - not in a million years.

He is also less of a rule-follower than I am, in many ways. Yes, he is keenly and almost emotionally attached to certain traditions and rules, but he chooses his own way. He doesn't care about rules and traditions where he doesn't see their value (though he would certainly never make a fanfare out of breaking or not following those that he doesn't agree with.) To a casual observer I probably look more "typical" and "conformist" than he does, which I'm pretty sure is down to my strong Fe.

By the way, Perch, the way you're going I anticipate you're going to do something to get permabanned relatively soon, so enjoy your short time here :hi:

you make an excellent point. conforming to a common social culture, belief system and set of actions is more Fe than Si. I think that's why women are far more likely to be FJ than men (about 50% of women, maybe a little less than 20% for men).
let's take for example settling hunter-gather communities in the Fertile Crescent circa 10000 bc
- what I mean by this is that Fe would be more useful for women, as it would be more advantageous to take care of domestic pursuits (cooking, sewing, making pottery to store grains ), taking care of the wounded hunters and maitaining a common culture to keep the tribe together
- for men on the other hand, Te and Se would be much more useful for hunting.
- Si would be useful for everyone, especially the group as a whole. put simply, if you can't remember and implement the progress of the past, you have to start over again with the next generation, with no SJs, no progress would have been permenant and we'd still be hunter gatherers.
PS: I think I might start a thread about this :yes:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of SJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like close mindedness, blind faith in rules and procedures, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.
If you do not understand the differences (in the advantages of one over the other) between the Ni-Si functions than I suppose you should leave the ignorant assumptions within your grand temple of valuables.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Having a "superior" type doesn't make you a "superior" person.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of SJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like close mindedness, blind faith in rules and procedures, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.

I know this is slightly different from the topic of your thread, but superior means best able to get the desired result. as SJs and NJs often want different things, it's hard to compare them. SJs may get what they want more of the time than NJs, in which case would make them more successful. INJs for instance are among the most likely to commit suicide and suffer from severe depression, whereas happiness to an SJ comes much more simply (please correct me if I'm wrong if you are an SJ or know a lot about SJs). as an N dom, I have a staggering list of criteria that need to be in place before I can be happy. this is because Intuition requires much more freedom and reflection time to be able to work at it's best. it seems to me that most Si users just need a house, a stable income, a family and a routine to be genuinely happy (again, if you are an SJ and disagree, please let me know). most of the SJs I've talked to about their ideal lifestyle I'm like "that's all you need?!", but they seem to have this ability to happy with whatever they're doing as long as they can do it and do it well.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Can't get anymore insensitive than that opening line can you? SJ's can survive in this world easily. Seems to be a great ability to me. Their dedication deserves admiration.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

What do you mean by displacement exactly? Like displacement of people? Or how we are displaced in our environment?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What can an NJ do that an SJ can't?

I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of NJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like high-minded arrogance, intellectual intolerance, derision of experiential knowledge, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.

"What can an SJ do that an NJ can't?"

*looks up at title* .... Have a soul?

:rofl1:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What can an NJ do that an SJ can't?

I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of NJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like high-minded arrogance, intellectual intolerance, derision of experiential knowledge, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.

:rofl1:

:laugh:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- Excellent memory of past details. Me? I pick up the general lessons from the past and forget the rest of the details. I prefer to focus more on the future; I suppose I haven't the attention span to ruminate on the past.

- Detail-oriented. I just worry about fulfilling the general purpose, and I tend to inadvertently gloss over the minor little details. They annoy me. They slow me down. I haven't the patience. So delegated away they are.

- Being content. The SJs I know tend to work hard for their allotted 8 hours (or what have you) and be satisfied with the results that they get from it. Contrary to stereotype, they clearly make time for work and non-work. Most NJs I know (including myself) have a goal or state that they want to achieve. And until it is, it's like the whole point of life (temporarily) is to do so. And even that goal is just one small segment of an even bigger, all-encompassing goal.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- Excellent memory of past details. Me? I pick up the general lessons from the past and forget the rest of the details. I prefer to focus more on the future; I suppose I haven't the attention span to ruminate on the past.

- Detail-oriented. I just worry about fulfilling the general purpose, and I tend to inadvertently gloss over the minor little details. They annoy me. They slow me down. I haven't the patience. So delegated away they are.

- Being content. The SJs I know tend to work hard for their allotted 8 hours (or what have you) and be satisfied with the results that they get from it. Contrary to stereotype, they clearly make time for work and non-work. Most NJs I know (including myself) have a goal or state that they want to achieve. And until it is, it's like the whole point of life (temporarily) is to do so. And even that goal is just one small segment of an even bigger, all-encompassing goal.

this is a very good point. my INTJ friend does not know how to relax when he's working on a goal. he struggles to seperate out his activities and view anything as anything other than a bizarre cosmic whole.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
STJs are very good at breaking things down into simple, easy to follow steps and then getting it done. NTJs make things too damn complicated, as brilliant as they are. ISTJs often seem like they're stupid, but it's just because they break things down into steps that don't require any thought or intelligence, which can make them brutally effective. making things deliberately more complicated for a sense of self importance is a problem many NTs have that makes them significantly less effective (as opposed to the SJ equivilent which is blowing minutia out of proportion to get the same effect. of course, for both NTs and SJs, I'm talking about the arrogant ones)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
to give a practical answer:
- routine (which is far more practical than it seems at first glance)
- memory (NJs friggin suck at remembering things)
- able to act much more quickly. NJs need to form a paridigm or at least get a good grasp of what they're doing before doing it. SJs can just be like "the directions say do this. okay, done" - more observant of details. Ns usually suck with details

Maybe an ESxJ, but Si doms need to get some context of whatever it is. I think any IJ type is likely to take a few reflective moments before acting.