User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    But if we don't debunk this, then what else will there be to debunk?
    clearly we can just debunk anything that's said by one of those good-for-nothing SJs

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

putting up with type-superior idiots on typology websites for one thing... they are MUCH more courteous to fucktarded threads started by other types in the SJ subforum than ANY other group would be...

why do threads like this keep popping up? do the members on here really have that low of self esteem?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

MBTI isn't about ability. Theoretically, all types can do all things.

There are trends regarding average members of types at certain age/maturity levels, but if you really think that a person is limited in capacity by a 4 dimensional reduction of the entire brain, you are just ignorant.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My brother is an ISTJ.

He is a sports journalist and can draw on a vast store of minute details about hockey history to help him write his much-admired articles which are read by tens of thousands of people. He is also a very fine writer and has written across a variety of genres with success. I'm a good writer too, but I'll never have the kind of detail/fact recall to do what he can do - not in a million years.

He is also less of a rule-follower than I am, in many ways. Yes, he is keenly and almost emotionally attached to certain traditions and rules, but he chooses his own way. He doesn't care about rules and traditions where he doesn't see their value (though he would certainly never make a fanfare out of breaking or not following those that he doesn't agree with.) To a casual observer I probably look more "typical" and "conformist" than he does, which I'm pretty sure is down to my strong Fe.

By the way, Perch, the way you're going I anticipate you're going to do something to get permabanned relatively soon, so enjoy your short time here
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    My brother is an ISTJ.

He is a sports journalist and can draw on a vast store of minute details about hockey history to help him write his much-admired articles which are read by tens of thousands of people. He is also a very fine writer and has written across a variety of genres with success. I'm a good writer too, but I'll never have the kind of detail/fact recall to do what he can do - not in a million years.

He is also less of a rule-follower than I am, in many ways. Yes, he is keenly and almost emotionally attached to certain traditions and rules, but he chooses his own way. He doesn't care about rules and traditions where he doesn't see their value (though he would certainly never make a fanfare out of breaking or not following those that he doesn't agree with.) To a casual observer I probably look more "typical" and "conformist" than he does, which I'm pretty sure is down to my strong Fe.

By the way, Perch, the way you're going I anticipate you're going to do something to get permabanned relatively soon, so enjoy your short time here
    you make an excellent point. conforming to a common social culture, belief system and set of actions is more Fe than Si. I think that's why women are far more likely to be FJ than men (about 50% of women, maybe a little less than 20% for men).
    let's take for example settling hunter-gather communities in the Fertile Crescent circa 10000 bc
    - what I mean by this is that Fe would be more useful for women, as it would be more advantageous to take care of domestic pursuits (cooking, sewing, making pottery to store grains ), taking care of the wounded hunters and maitaining a common culture to keep the tribe together
    - for men on the other hand, Te and Se would be much more useful for hunting.
    - Si would be useful for everyone, especially the group as a whole. put simply, if you can't remember and implement the progress of the past, you have to start over again with the next generation, with no SJs, no progress would have been permenant and we'd still be hunter gatherers.
    PS: I think I might start a thread about this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP

The majority > Survival skills.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of SJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like close mindedness, blind faith in rules and procedures, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.
    If you do not understand the differences (in the advantages of one over the other) between the Ni-Si functions than I suppose you should leave the ignorant assumptions within your grand temple of valuables.

MBTI
    ENTP

Having a "superior" type doesn't make you a "superior" person.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I don't think there's even one. The inclusion of SJs in the MBTI roster seems little more than a PC attempt to make things like close mindedness, blind faith in rules and procedures, and so on into "personality traits" instead of things to dislike and be dismissive of.
    I know this is slightly different from the topic of your thread, but superior means best able to get the desired result. as SJs and NJs often want different things, it's hard to compare them. SJs may get what they want more of the time than NJs, in which case would make them more successful. INJs for instance are among the most likely to commit suicide and suffer from severe depression, whereas happiness to an SJ comes much more simply (please correct me if I'm wrong if you are an SJ or know a lot about SJs). as an N dom, I have a staggering list of criteria that need to be in place before I can be happy. this is because Intuition requires much more freedom and reflection time to be able to work at it's best. it seems to me that most Si users just need a house, a stable income, a family and a routine to be genuinely happy (again, if you are an SJ and disagree, please let me know). most of the SJs I've talked to about their ideal lifestyle I'm like "that's all you need?!", but they seem to have this ability to happy with whatever they're doing as long as they can do it and do it well.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

ReflecTcelfeR

Can't get anymore insensitive than that opening line can you? SJ's can survive in this world easily. Seems to be a great ability to me. Their dedication deserves admiration.