• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heredity of Personality Type: the type of your mother, father and yours?

L

LadyLazarus

Resurrection.

ESFJ(dad)+ISFP(mom)=ISFP(me), ISTJ(sister), INFP(sister), ENFP(brother)

Although my mom and I share the same type I really doubt type is hereditary, as none of my siblings have the same type as either of our parents, closest is my INFP sister.

Lots of Fi, only 1 Fe user and only 1 T.
It makes sense now why Fe makes me so uncomfortable.

Mother's side:
ESTP(father)+INFJ(mother)=ISFP(my mom), ESFJ(aunt), ESTP(uncle), ESTJ(uncle), ISTP(uncle)

Father's side:
ESTJ(father)+ISFJ(mother)=ESFJ(my dad)

Aleria

Mother: ISFJ 6w5
Father: ESFP 7w8
Me: INTP 5w4
Brother: ISFP 9w1

My other brother is too young to type...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mom: ESFJ + Dad: ENFJ =
Me: ENFP
Sister: ISFJ
Sister: ISTJ

:shrug:

edit: imagine the light shed upon my life when i learned about the Fe/Fi clash. definitive of my family life.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENtJ 368 father + ISFP 729 mother (both guesses) = INtJ 549 (me) and ENtJ 874 brother.

Typing my family feels hilariously futile, but this is my best shot.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
ENFP 7w6 (dad) + ISFP 6w5 (mom) = ENFP 7w6 (me)
My dad is much more of an extrovert than me, though.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hah, yeah. I know what you mean.

And ooh.. ENTJ with an INFP? That shit cray.

I'm uncertain of the INFP--she mentioned developing N later in life, so perhaps she's an ISFP who developed all her conscious functions. :shrug:
Still, strange, intense dynamic.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
hmm, i think my mom is ESTJ and my dad is ISTJ. i believe my brother is xSTP. yeah, my mom was hard to figure out. (and so is my brother.)

Calliope

Enneagram
9w1
I'm adopted so sorry I can't be much help. :p
"Mom": ESTJ
"Dad": ISFJ
Me:INTJ

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mom: ISFJ
Dad: INTJ
me: INFJ
sister: ENFP

3 I's, 1 E
3 N's, 1 S
3 F's, 1 T
3 J's, 1 P
3 females, 1 male
My sister is the normal one.
Function-wise: Mom and sister have the same functions but reversed, I share 2 with my dad and 2 with my mom, same order with my sister but e-i reversed. Sister shares all with my mom and 2 with my dad. She gets along with our dad a little better and I get along with our mom a little better, and we get along great with each other.

Don't know if this means anything.

edit: imagine the light shed upon my life when i learned about the Fe/Fi clash. definitive of my family life.

Sounds similar to my mom and sister, and dad and me- although he and I might have Te-Fe clash. (Not really anymore, but growing up.)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My Mom: ISTJ
My Dad: ISFJ
Me: INFJ ISFP
Brother: INTP
Mom's Mom: ISFx
Mom's Dad: ISTJ a pretty distanced non-intimate relationship between my moms' parents
Mom's Sister: ISTP ISxP
Dad's Mom: ESFJ
Dad's Dad: INTJ
Dad's Sister: Absolutely no idea. Some form of xNTx. I sense only that she was the black sheep of the family, also had falling out of some sort with her father, vs my dad being the good dutiful boy; very little interaction with her growing up, think she distanced herself from her family / didn't make much effort to bridge that, it's only as an adult that I've come to know her better

The only thing I can say that runs in my family is introversion. However, I'm not really that sure how much of it is hereditary vs more disfunctional dynamics/interactions/repression/attachment styles being passed along from generation to generation.

Edit: Also think it's beyond silly to link mbti, as is practiced on the forum/the theory, to genetics, but no desire to expound on that here.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dad: ESTJ
Mom: INFX (J?)
Brother: ENFP
Brother: INTJ

So, not a whole lot of Fe or Se where I come from. Probably why Se seems to annoy me so much, it's unfamiliar.

I'm really not sure about my mom's type... If she weren't so dreamy and idealistic I would say she is an ISFJ... But, she's definitely an NF, not an SJ. But, INFJ doesn't fit her in a lot of ways. However, I definitely think she is an Fe user... But, maybe she is just an extremely well adjusted/organized INFP. :shrug:

All I know is that she gets me better than anyone else I've ever known and I would be lot without her at this point.

I also think it's worth mentioning that dad, INTJ brother, and I all have ADHD + OCD. :dry: Yay heritability.

Permabanned
The single most very extremely important contribution I have to make to this thread:

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

... here it is:

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mom= ENFJ Dad= ESFP Me= INFJ (ENFJ + ESFP = INFJ)

Mom's side: Grandmother= ESFJ Grandfather= INTJ (ESFJ + INTJ = ENFJ)

Dad's side: Grandmother= ISFP Grandfather= ESTP (ISFP + ESTP = ESFP).

I don't think type is even hereditary but this is still interesting to look at :)

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mom: ESFJ (not sure on this one)
Dad: ESTJ
Older brother: INFJ
Younger sister: ISFJ
Younger brother: IxFx

Funny how two extraverts managed to have all introverted children...

á´…eparted

passages
ISFJ (gm) + ISTJ* (gp) = INFJ (mom) (*my mother was raised by her step-father, whom she did not know was such until she was 18, and did not meet her her biological father until she was 40, he is INTJ)

ISFJ (gm) + ISTJ (gp) = ESTJ (dad)

INFJ (mom) + ESTJ (dad) = ENFJ (me)

I have no sibblings

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No idea about the grandparents:

INFP + ESFP = ME

That's a weird combo?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MOTHER TYPE (INFJ) + FATHER TYPE (ISTJ) = YOUR TYPE (INTJ)

MOTHER SIDE:
GRANDPA TYPE (XNFX?) + GRANDMA TYPE (ISTJ) = YOUR MOTHER TYPE (INFJ)

FATHER SIDE:
GRANDPA TYPE (XNTJ?) + GRANDMA TYPE (XSFP) = YOUR FATHER TYPE (ISTJ)

I do think Type is inherited.

Alea_iacta_est

Updated from another thread with more accurate typing.

Mother: ENTJ
Father: ISTJ
Maternal Grandfather: INTJ (I have apparently received a great deal of traits from him I've heard, also who I suspect gave me my synesthesia)
Maternal Grandmother: INFJ (Definite Ni dom.)
Paternal Grandfather: ISxP? (Methinks heavy Fi valuing, ISFP?)
Paternal Grandmother: ESFJ? (I really don't know, this is merely an estimate based on stories of her personality)

INTJ + INFJ = ENTJ (I think the E might be environmental response due to the terrible childhood experienced by her, a rush outward to others to get away from a paranoid and easily insane grandmother of mine (INFJ), the INTJ became exceedingly rich off of software and left, remarried like 5-6 times)

ISxP + ESFJ = ISTJ

ENTJ + ISTJ = INTJ