• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heredity of Personality Type: the type of your mother, father and yours?

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INFJ (mom) + ESTP (dad) = ENFJ (older brother), INTP (me), ESFJ (younger sister).

I know my grandparents really superficially, so I can't really say anything about them. Child-rearing is an extremely complicated process, and I don't think there's going to be a clear connection between types of parents and types of offspring. That much is pretty clear given that siblings don't seem to have any pattern in their types.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow...not a clue what any of my grandparents are. i lost them all when i was young.

my dad was an enfp, my mom is and infj and i'm an enfp.

sister 1 enfp
sister 2 isfj
sister 3 (different father) was....maybe an isfp her dad is probably istp

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
ISFJ mother + ISTP father = INFP (me)

Don't know about my grandparents types. Parents types are not 100% sure but relatively sure.

crayons

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
Mom -ENFJ Dad - INTP Self -ENTP Sister - ENFJ

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Grandparents - dunno

Mother + Father = me -> (Se + Te) ESFP + (Se + Fi) ESFP = ENTJ/ESFP/ESTP (idk MBTI) or Ti-ESTp 8w9 sx/so

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Grandparents - dunno

Mother + Father = me -> (Se + Te) ESFP + (Se + Fi) ESFP = ENTJ/ESFP/ESTP (idk MBTI) or Ti-ESTp 8w9 sx/so

Edit:

Mom: δ NF - EII or IEE, most likely EII since I fight a lot with her and have nothing in common
Dad: γ or α SF - Either SEE or ESE, not sure since I don't know him that well -- very nice to me though

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Mum ESxJ + Dad ISTP = Me INFP ...Where does the N come from? And my strong Fi?

Grandad ESFP + Grandmum xSFJ = my ISTP Dad - INxP uncle
Grandad ESTJ + (don't know, she's dead) = my ESxJ mum - ESFP aunt - INTP uncle

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mom: ISTJ
Grandma: ISFJ
Grandfather: INTJ
Uncle: ISTP

Dad: INTP
Grandma: ENFP
Grandfather: ISFP
Aunt: IxFP
Aunt: INTP (or INFJ)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only know one side, so I will name them.

Grandmother ENFP+ Grandfather ISTJ
Mother: ESFJ=
Me ENFP.

(aunts and uncles- my mother's five siblings- very rough guesstimates on all of these)
Unknown- (very mentally ill schizophrenic genius aunt. I would venture to call her an esfp because nothing else seems to fit.)
My mom esfj was next
ISFP uncle (another apparantly mentally ill who moves all over the country and doesn't talk to us much- he's really good guy but we think he's got a hidden issue.)
INFP uncle (recluse, but married a possible esfj- have two adult kids- my cousins isfp and enfp)
uncle- exfp (similar qualities to all of us- can be reclusive- could be an I, probably E- grand chess master guy into mathematics and physics- drowns in books and thoughts and chessboards in a one room apartment and does a social work type thing for a living) I am very close to him.
aunt- infp: (mentally ill, paranoia, general fear of life and working and taking care of responsibilities. Very "sweet" simple, pure, childlike. One of the grand uncles adopted her and she lived in a camper near his house for a while. He finally built an in-law apartment for her.)

My mom is like the outcast of everyone- sometimes when we talk about it, it appears that my mother is like in some kind of a twilight zone because she's extroverted, a "doer" and responsible while the rest of us are kind of weird.

She shares a similar obsession with books and information for escape though. All sorts of strange dynamics here. I would call this my family. We would like to write a book about ourselves as a whole. We like thinking of everything like a book I guess. :laugh:

If you extend further out, patterns change a little bit but still have similar vibes. I won't get into those.

inass

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Mother: ISTP
Father: ENFJ
Me: ENTJ

Mother's side: ESFP + ISFJ = ISTP

I don't know my father's parents that well.
Generally, I don't think genetics have anything to do with this, but I also don't think it has anything to do with the way we were brought up. We are born a certain type and we don't ever change (we could change if we experienced a really big and deep-rooted trauma in our childhood, but there aren't many people like that).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Grandpa (mother side): intp (profession: assitant foreman)
Grandma (mother side): enfj (profession: none)

Grandpa (father side): entp (profession: war veteran, cook and business owner)
Grandma (mother side): infj (profession: nurse)

Father: entj or istp (profession: 2x master craftsman of heating construction and plumbing, business owner for 30 years)
mother: isfj (profession: sewer)
sister: esfj (profession: still on the search)

Statistics:
- Noone from my family went to University
- We had two authors in the family
- The whole male father side was military except for my father and me. My grandpas father lost both arms, my grandpa lost a leg. My grandpa also was the only one who hated it, his brother (prolly intj) was an officer and later on worked for intelligence

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Father (ESTJ) + Mother (INTJ)= Me (ENTJ), Sister (ENFP)

Paternal grandmother (ESFJ)+ Paternal grandfather (ISTP)=Father (ESTJ)

Maternal grandfather (ETJ) + Maternal grandmother (ESFP)= Mother (INTJ)

Never thought about this before, but makes sense when you look at it.

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFP + never met my dad, but I imagine him as ISTP in my mind... = ISFP

moms side:
INTP + ISTP = INFP

dads side:
ISTJ? + ESFJ? = ...

So yeah.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I really don't think type is heredity...

Mom: ENFJ (I didn't know my grandparents well enough to guess their type)

Dad: ISTJ (Grandfather ENTP -tested-, Grandmother ESFJ -guess- She's an incredible lady :wubbie:)

Siblings: ESTP (tested) and ESFP (guess)

Me: INTP

Fire

Mum + Dad --> Me = ISFP + ISTJ --> ESTP.

My sister is INFP.

My dad's parents, who raised me when I was very young, were (her + him) ISFJ + ENTJ.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP mom + ISTP dad = INTP me (and an ISFP little sister)

so many IxxPs