• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heredity of Personality Type: the type of your mother, father and yours?

Lsjnzy13

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
IDK
ESFJ + ESFJ = INFP
(Yes both my parents are ESFJ!)

INTJ + EXFJ = ESFJ

And I have no idea what my grandparents on my dad's side are.

Mew_22

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
INFP + INTP = INTJ (Me)

INFP + INTP = ISFP (My brother)

I have no idea about my grandparents, though, due to the fact I have only met my paternal grandparents around 7 or 8 times, and have never met my maternal grandparents. However, I assume that my paternal grandfather is INTP, same as my father.

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For science:

Father: ISTJ

Mother: ENFP (Her family seems to have had many XNFPs, including her brother and father)

This resulted in the astounding rainbow variety of:

Me: INTP

Brother: INFP

Sister #1: ISFP

Sister #2: INTJ

Sister #3: Too early to truly tell, currently seems like she could be an ESTP; Definitely an extroverted perceiver, though.

Ain't Meiosis fun?

Our father is chronically dissapointed with his spawn (which probably has more to do with being an unhealthy 3w2 than his ISTJ-ness), our mom is happy that she got to have so many variations on the baby experience, both meek and fussy/argumentative babies, both self-sufficient and energetic kids etc.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ father and ESTJ mother... myself... INxx. ISFP sister and Extraverted Beta brother.

My dad's parents were ISFJ and INTP. Mother's were ExTJs.

lexay

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTJ (Mom) + ESFx (Dad) = INTP (Me!)

I don't know my dad super well so it's a rough estimate. All of my grandparents died when I was young so I don't know them very well.

My young Aunt who lives with me is probably INFP.

marth2212

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ESFP Dad + ISFJ Mom: ENTP

Mom's Parents:
INFP Mom + ISFP Dad or ESTP Step dad: ISFJ Mom, and a half brother INTP

Dad's Parents:
ISFP Mom + ESTJ Dad: ESFP Dad, and seven brothers: ESTP, ISFJ, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENFP, INFP and ENTP

peter pettishrooms

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ISTJ father + ISFJ mother = INTJ child
ESTJ grandmother + ENFJ grandfather = ISTJ father
Not sure about my maternal grandparents because they both have died before I got any chance to meet them.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
ESFJ + INTP = INFJ and ENTP

INFJ + ISFP = ESFJ, ISTP, ENFP, ESXP and ISFJ

MBTI Type
INFP
Mother: ENFP. Father: ESTP —- Children: Me: INFP, Brother: ENFP. Sister: ESFJ.

Mother’s parents: Mother: ESFJ, Father: ISTJ.
Mother’s sister: INFP.

Father’s parents: unknown specifically, but we predict they’re SJs, the mother, namely. Four siblings, none of which with their type known. Although loosely predicted a lot of sensing types.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
x(i?)ntp (father)+isfj (mother)= intp (me), inx(t?)p, entp

isfj (mother)+esfj (husband)= isfp

QueenBeech

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My father - ISTJ
My mother - ESFP

I sincerely believe that the fate of me becoming an ESTP was solely influenced by my father repeatedly laying down rules and telling me “Don’t do this”, which of course in my ESTP mind was a playful challenge. I’m surprised he isn’t bald yet from all the stress.

Kapla5053

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ (Dad) + ESFJ (Mom) = ISFP (me), INFP (sis)

ghostlightjacob

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MOTHER: ISFJ + FATHER: ISTJ = ENFJ

MOTHER SIDE:
GRANDPA: ISTJ + GRANDMA: ESFJ = ISFJ

FATHER SIDE:
GRANDPA: ISTJ + GRANDMA: ESTJ = ISTJ

One of these is not like the others haha

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My mother is an ESFJ 1w9 sp/so (127) and my father is an ENFP 4w3 so/sp (478)

They created me, who is indefinitely typed as a Ne/Si Fe/Ti user, but 6 sp/so (613) definitely and my brother an ESFP 7w6 so/sx (749)
There's also my half sister who is an ESFP 9w8 so/sx (974)

For purpose of statistics, my dad's Mother and father are an ESTJ 3w2 so/sp and an ISTJ 1w2 sp/so and their children include my father, another ENFP (2w3 so/sx), an ESFJ (2w3 so/sx), an ISFJ(?) so/sp, and an ESTP 7w8 sx/so

My mom's mom was an ESTP 7w8 sx/so

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESFJ mom + ISTP Dad = ENFP (me, I have no siblings)

MOTHER SIDE:
? (Never met grandfather, stories of him make him seem introverted) + ISFP (? Don't have much of a relationship with her. She's definitely a perceiver though)= ESFJ (her younger sister is probably an ESTP. Not sure about their brother).

FATHER SIDE:
ESTP (guess, it seems to fit him)+ GRANDMA TYPE (she's an introvert, probably also uses Si and Fe. My best guess is ISFJ)= ISTP (Dad had 5 siblings, not sure of their types. One of his brothers and one of his sisters seem to be IxFPs.)

I don't really think there's much of a hereditary correlation.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I am the only NT in my Family.

Only N or T at all. actually.

It was very exasperating to grow up in a family with no one who could understand my "Type." They were always calling me "Crazy" and I know understand it is because they did not even remotely understand "N" even a little. If you did not plan, if said plan was not the 100% you were crazy. The concept of thinking on your feet or adapting as a skill set did not occur to them. Nope. That's just called being irresponsible and stupid.