User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I don't see much correlation if any from people's results. This is one of the weaknesses of MBTI, because twin studies have shown that personality is heritable...if the model doesn't predict this then that is evidence against it.
    Um, no. That's why twin studies are so valuable for psychologists trying to figure out the influence of genes on personality. I've never heard anybody suggest that the genetic contributions to personality relate to the kind of simple inheritance mechanisms that tend to cause children to match parents.

Theoretically, introversion could be 100% genetic and, while that would mean that an introvert's identical twin would also be an introvert, both their parents could be extraverts.

I'm not saying that it isn't likely that, to the extent that personality is genetic, a person will be at least midly more likely to match one or both parents on one or more dimensions than to match neither. But "mildly more likely" doesn't mean there can't be a lot of non-matches.

Jung believed personality was inborn, and one of the things he pointed to in support of that notion was the fact that two children of the same parents could have such strikingly different personalities. To Jung, that indicated that it was unlikely that how a child was raised was the primary determinant of personality.

Decades of twin studies have been done since Jung wrote and, as it sounds like you already know, those studies strongly suggest that genes account for around half (or more) of the kinds of relatively stable personality dimensions measured by the MBTI and Big Five.

And the most counterintuitive conclusion that's been drawn from the cumulative data is that how your parents raise you has almost no influence on your basic temperament — e.g., whether you'll end up an INTJ. Identical twins raised in the same household are not significantly more alike (in terms of temperament) than identical twins raised in separate households.

For more, see this post.

Please write your formula:
    ENTJ + INTP = INTP

Sibling: ISTP

MOTHER SIDE:
    ISFJ mom + ENTJ dad = ENTJ

Siblings: ISTP, INTP f, INTP m, ESTP

FATHER SIDE:
    ENTP dad + ENFJ mom = INTP

Siblings: ENFJ, ISTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

ISFJ (mother) + INTJ (father) = INFP (me)

Maternal Grandparents:
    My grandma died when I was really young and I don't know my grandpa that well...

Paternal Grandparents:
    XSXJ (grandpa) + XXFP (grandma) = my dad

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

ESFJ (Mother) + ESxx (Father) = HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ESFP - Brother.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    yupp

Mom IxFx+Dad INTJ= Me INFP

Mom IxFx + Dad INTJ= Brother ESTP
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Mother, father, me:
    ENXJ+INTP= XXTX
    Mom's parents:
    Grandmother- INTJ
    Grandfather- ESXJ
    Dad's parents:
    Grandmother- ISXP
    Grandfather- ESTJ

Ughh I don't know?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

These are just conjectures.

Mother - ESFJ (quite an obvious one)

Father - ISxP or ISxJ (certainly an introvert although unlike me, he doesn't mind being an extrovert in social gatherings [I refuse simply because I don't like being fake, unless it's of my own accord], can't discern whether he's Se or Si, he has a knack for riding in roller coasters and performing action-oriented activities, says he enjoys the adrenaline that accompanies, what does that indicate...? Also finds importance in rules, he once scolded me for taking a bath in the evening [a similar incident occurred when he caught me brushing my teeth after taking a bath, he thinks it's wrong to not brush your teeth before taking a bath], saying, "There's a time for everything! You can't just do them on a whim!", stereotypically this might be ascribed to the fallacious assumption that Si is all about rules and tradition, maybe it's just a Ti principle based on Fe (everyone else also does this!)?)

Sister - ESFP (probably, it's curious how different our persuasion styles are, she relies on brute force and physical motivation while I rely on diverting the other person's attention to future benefits and possibilities [which never seems to work on her, the converse also being true], one could also say I'm much more tactful or diplomatic even though she's the one who's more concerned about things like harmony, curious indeed)

Grandfather - ESTJ (just a hunch... I do detect Te)

Grandmother - xxFJ (Leaning towards Si here, ironically, her persistent attempts to help me unintentionally end up antagonizing me, I appreciate her efforts but she overdoes them to the extent they become intrusive)

Me - xNxP (leaning towards xNTP, perhaps even INxJ, dunno)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Mom: ENTJ + Dad: ISTP I'm an: ENTP
    Mom: ENTJ + Dad: ISTP Sister: ISTP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?

INFJ mom + ESTP dad = ENTJ me

a true mix