• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by facial characteristics.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I have provided a set of images of various people.

I would like you to look at the images and give your best guess on what the person's MBTI type is just from their facial appearance. Don't look them up on tineye or anything like that, since it'll ruin the experiment.

Basically, what I want to do is find out if other people see the same MBTI type in the faces I see them in. When I meet a person, I can usually tell their rough MBTI location (s/n, maybe f/t) right off the bat just by looking at their face. There are no particular "markers" of any one type; it's just a rather strong vibe.

1)

225px-Albert_Speer_Neurenberg.JPG

28581_Speer-Albert.jpg

1-albert-speer.jpg

2)

Alfred_Rosenberg.jpg

alfred_rosenberg.jpg

225px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2005-0168,_Alfred_Rosenberg.jpg

3)

a2072261088550729rp9.jpg

doom.jpg

4)

joe-rogan.jpg

16120a.jpg

5)

aleksandr-dugin-1962.jpg

dugin_wikipedia.jpg

6)

julius_evola.jpg

evola.jpg

7)

Andy-Dick.jpg

Andy_Dick.jpg

8)

040411_sergei-kurginyan.jpg

kurginyan.jpg

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Note: I disagree with typing someone solely by their facial expression, to really understand someones type you need to analyze them personally. Also, for your experiment, it's imperative that you actually get to know a controled group of people first, assess their individual types, then type them by face, have others type pictures of their faces, and then compare results to see how well your theory holds up. Doing that with pictures of famous people is fine too, but not as precise as an actual control group that you know personally (Granted I'm assuming that you already know the types of these specific individuals anyway).

1. INTJ
2. ENTJ
3. ISTP
4. ESTP
5. ENFJ
6. INTJ
7. ESFP
8. INFJ

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I've wondered about this. I would think E/I would be easiest to differentiate, then maybe T/F, but N/S from a photo? I do understand the whole "vibe" thing, though, I have that too in person.

I'll guess
1. INTP or J
2. ENTJ
3. ISFP
4. ESTP
5. ENFJ
6. ISTJ
7. ENFP
8. INFJ

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Note: I disagree with typing someone solely by their facial expression, to really understand someones type you need to analyze them personally. Also, for your experiment, it's imperative that you actually get to know a controled group of people first, assess their individual types, then type them by face, have others type pictures of their faces, and then compare results to see how well your theory holds up. Doing that with pictures of famous people is fine too, but not as precise as an actual control group that you know personally (Granted I'm assuming that you already know the types of these specific individuals anyway).

What's new, Captain Obvious?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's new, Captain Obvious?

I'm just reiterating that crucial point so that Perch420 understands a little more about what he is hoping to acheive (although he probably won't care to listen to my advice).

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. INTJ
2. ESTJ
3. ISFP
4. ESTJ
5. ENFJ (grungy mountain man cult leader subtype)
6. INTJ
7. ENTJ, but I'm only saying that because in the first picture, he looks EXACTLY like my adoptive father, esp the coloring. Weeeird.
8. INFJ (glassy eyed)

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm familiar with some of these individuals (I recognize their faces), so I'll stay out of this.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm familiar with some of these individuals (I recognize their faces), so I'll stay out of this.

Thank you. I've been waiting almost a year to hear a response so wise.

perpy

MBTI Type
unkn
Enneagram
unk
Type him (Sorry click the picture to get it bigger)

Photo on 8-29-15 at 6.59 PM.jpg

perpy

MBTI Type
unkn
Enneagram
unk
When phototypying do you just compare the face with those of other types you see in your head? Do you see IXFJ eyebrows/nose, or is it a twinkle in the eye/facial expression? Since I know him, I can say with decent certainty he's not an isfj. Enfp seems more accurate but I don't understand Ni well so Infj is possible. As a person he has an "N" spaciness/ soft perception about him. Does metabolism trend with mbti types?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
When phototypying do you just compare the face with those of other types you see in your head? Do you see IXFJ eyebrows/nose, or is it a twinkle in the eye/facial expression? Since I know him, I can say with decent certainty he's not an isfj. Enfp seems more accurate but I don't understand Ni well so Infj is possible. As a person he has an "N" spaciness/ soft perception about him. Does metabolism trend with mbti types?

I sort of just went by gestalt and intuition, but I'm sure subconsciously I'm recognising little things I've noticed in other people. Also, in my experience and observation, there are at least two distinct types of each MBTI group. For example, I know many INTPs, but some look one way and others look another; one of them have what I call the 'classic' INTP look: intellectual, bookish, a soft yet sharp look in the eyes; they're probably stronger in their Ti/Ne function. The other INTP is harder to spot by look alone, and even in conversation it takes a little longer to type them; but this group also gives more weight to their Si and Fe, and can be mistaken for F. Their Fe being stronger also makes their facial expressions more facile.

perpy

MBTI Type
unkn
Enneagram
unk
So Enfp might have (subconsciously) come from the relaxed facial muscles (Fi) I'm guessing. Ne would probably come from the expression of the eyes, but his are obviously reacting to the situation of a picture being taken so that's hard to tell. They do, however, have an open feel to them that might say Ne, or Enfp specifically.

Ixfj might have come from his deliberate facial expression (fe) and Ni/Si from the soft, conscious focus of his eyes on the camera. I'm not sure at all, but I can see how his eyebrows might smell vaguely of Ixfj as well.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know, I can't get as specific as picking out and tagging them, but I will say that I think my visual typing method is actually about how that person's face makes me feel. I'm always myself but myself feels differently depending on who I'm with. Also why as an introvert I need solitude, but that's how I'm making my guesses.

perpy

MBTI Type
unkn
Enneagram
unk
You know, I can't get as specific as picking out and tagging them, but I will say that I think my visual typing method is actually about how that person's face makes me feel. I'm always myself but myself feels differently depending on who I'm with. Also why as an introvert I need solitude, but that's how I'm making my guesses.

I totally get what you mean by that, and I think I can feel the Enfp "reaction" his face evokes. ONE last question- how reliabe do you find your face-typing to be?

This thread hasn't really spoken to the claims that facial phenotype is actually a very reliable method to type a person with. If you guys are familiar with AlboP, you'll know they put a great deal of trust into facial typing and report complete accuracy.

Here's a video they spend (mostly) talking about it. They say they identified a toddler/baby who couldn't talk yet as an enfp (he had "a little enfp face"). His parents couldn't pottytrain him, but when they tried methods that were sympathetic to the needs of an enfp, the kid learned in a night.

A Little Bit of Personality: Facial Typing Preview (Skip to 4:35)

Thoughts? Is there any truth to this or is this hogwash? If we ARE born with our cognition, it seems conceivable, and almost logical to me that it be connected to body-type.