Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by perpy View Post
    I totally get what you mean by that, and I think I can feel the Enfp "reaction" his face evokes. ONE last question- how reliabe do you find your face-typing to be?

This thread hasn't really spoken to the claims that facial phenotype is actually a very reliable method to type a person with. If you guys are familiar with AlboP, you'll know they put a great deal of trust into facial typing and report complete accuracy.

Here's a video they spend (mostly) talking about it. They say they identified a toddler/baby who couldn't talk yet as an enfp (he had "little enfp eyes"). His parents couldn't pottytrain him, but when they tried methods that were sympathetic to the needs of an enfp, the kid learned in a night.

A Little Bit of Personality: Facial Typing Preview (Skip to 4:35)

Thoughts? Is there any truth to this or is this hogwash? If we ARE born with our cognition, it seems conceivable, and almost logical to me that it be connected to body-type.
    I don't necessarily type just by face, but I do take someone's physical demeanor and appearance into consideration and that does include the face. More accurately, though, I take everything into consideration, including how some people are psychologically or emotionally invested with being known as a certain type, for whatever reason; everything says something. That's why I prefer to say gestalt.

I think my accuracy is fair. It takes me longer to type someone by photos alone, so I prefer moving images and to hear their voice and to see what they are like/look like on a regular basis. I need to see clothing choices, the kind of art/entertainment they enjoy, how they enjoy it. If I have access to someone in the flesh then I'm much better. I'm also really good at picking up on mistypings; I'm better when someone says, "I'm an _ _ _ _ ," and I'll just feel like, Noooo you're mistyped. And I've been right about every one of those if I've met them in person.

Just watched a few minutes of the video. Both speakers seem very with it, so that's a good sign and very important. My thoughts on this, even before the video, is that the concept itself is not hogwash. But you can have a legitimately workable idea that gets written off as hogwash because you suck at 'selling' it, or you're nuts and have nefarious intentions behind your system.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    You know, I can't get as specific as picking out and tagging them, but I will say that I think my visual typing method is actually about how that person's face makes me feel. I'm always myself but myself feels differently depending on who I'm with. Also why as an introvert I need solitude, but that's how I'm making my guesses.
    Eww, feelings! (Just kidding.)

This is probably why I absolutely suck at typing people based on their looks. For me, the closest I get to that is picking up a general vibe based on their posture, gestures, voice modulation, etc.

Edit: I see you mentioned clothing choices, too. That's a big one. For instance, I can't ever picture any INTJ wearing anything pink or frilly. Or an ISTJ being caught dead in public wearing pajamas and slippers.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Eww, feelings! (Just kidding.)

This is probably why I absolutely suck at typing people based on their looks. For me, the closest I get to that is picking up a general vibe based on their posture, gestures, voice modulation, etc.
    LOL!

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Facial features don't say much. It's a minute step above (or below?) phrenology.

What those features do and how they act, though, can give a fairly strong insight into the personality of the person that controls them -- or at least into their state of mind at the moment.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

just for fun;

1) ISTJ
    2) ESTP
    3) ESFP
    4) ESTP
    5) INFJ
    6) ESTJ
    7) INTP
    8) ISFJ
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnara View Post
    just for fun;

1) ISTJ
    2) ESTP
    3) ESFP
    4) ESTP
    5) INFJ
    6) ESTJ
    7) INTP
    8) ISFJ
    Re 5) INFJ -- I'd need to see some more photos/video, but I'm leaning a bit towards ENFJ, though I can see how INFJ also works.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post

Edit: I see you mentioned clothing choices, too. That's a big one. For instance, I can't ever picture any INTJ wearing anything pink or frilly. Or an ISTJ being caught dead in public wearing pajamas and slippers.
    For sure. Clothing was definitely involved in helping me determine that someone was mistyped (I just accidentally typed 'misstyled', hah!).

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    VI is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Visual typing is fun but I don't take it seriously. It's in the same vicinity as phrenology and astrology.