User Tag List

First 1234 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    I'm familiar with some of these individuals (I recognize their faces), so I'll stay out of this.
    Thank you. I've been waiting almost a year to hear a response so wise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Thank you. I've been waiting almost a year to hear a response so wise.
    No problem. I knew somebody wanted this thread brought back from the dead.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    unkn
    Enneagram
    unk

Type him (Sorry click the picture to get it bigger)

Photo on 8-29-15 at 6.59 PM.jpg

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by perpy View Post

Keeping in mind that I just skimmed this thread, I'm basically belly-flopping in:

I think this guy could be ENFP?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

IXFJ?

MBTI
    unkn
    Enneagram
    unk

When phototypying do you just compare the face with those of other types you see in your head? Do you see IXFJ eyebrows/nose, or is it a twinkle in the eye/facial expression? Since I know him, I can say with decent certainty he's not an isfj. Enfp seems more accurate but I don't understand Ni well so Infj is possible. As a person he has an "N" spaciness/ soft perception about him. Does metabolism trend with mbti types?

MBTI
    INFJ

When phototypying do you just compare the face with those of other types you see in your head? Do you see IXFJ eyebrows/nose, or is it a twinkle in the eye/facial expression? Since I know him, I can say with decent certainty he's not an isfj. Enfp seems more accurate but I don't understand Ni well so Infj is possible. As a person he has an "N" spaciness/ soft perception about him. Does metabolism trend with mbti types?
    I sort of just went by gestalt and intuition, but I'm sure subconsciously I'm recognising little things I've noticed in other people. Also, in my experience and observation, there are at least two distinct types of each MBTI group. For example, I know many INTPs, but some look one way and others look another; one of them have what I call the 'classic' INTP look: intellectual, bookish, a soft yet sharp look in the eyes; they're probably stronger in their Ti/Ne function. The other INTP is harder to spot by look alone, and even in conversation it takes a little longer to type them; but this group also gives more weight to their Si and Fe, and can be mistaken for F. Their Fe being stronger also makes their facial expressions more facile.

MBTI
    unkn
    Enneagram
    unk

So Enfp might have (subconsciously) come from the relaxed facial muscles (Fi) I'm guessing. Ne would probably come from the expression of the eyes, but his are obviously reacting to the situation of a picture being taken so that's hard to tell. They do, however, have an open feel to them that might say Ne, or Enfp specifically.

Ixfj might have come from his deliberate facial expression (fe) and Ni/Si from the soft, conscious focus of his eyes on the camera. I'm not sure at all, but I can see how his eyebrows might smell vaguely of Ixfj as well.

MBTI
    INFJ

You know, I can't get as specific as picking out and tagging them, but I will say that I think my visual typing method is actually about how that person's face makes me feel. I'm always myself but myself feels differently depending on who I'm with. Also why as an introvert I need solitude, but that's how I'm making my guesses.

MBTI
    unkn
    Enneagram
    unk

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    You know, I can't get as specific as picking out and tagging them, but I will say that I think my visual typing method is actually about how that person's face makes me feel. I'm always myself but myself feels differently depending on who I'm with. Also why as an introvert I need solitude, but that's how I'm making my guesses.
    I totally get what you mean by that, and I think I can feel the Enfp "reaction" his face evokes. ONE last question- how reliabe do you find your face-typing to be?

This thread hasn't really spoken to the claims that facial phenotype is actually a very reliable method to type a person with. If you guys are familiar with AlboP, you'll know they put a great deal of trust into facial typing and report complete accuracy.

Here's a video they spend (mostly) talking about it. They say they identified a toddler/baby who couldn't talk yet as an enfp (he had "a little enfp face"). His parents couldn't pottytrain him, but when they tried methods that were sympathetic to the needs of an enfp, the kid learned in a night.

A Little Bit of Personality: Facial Typing Preview (Skip to 4:35)

Thoughts? Is there any truth to this or is this hogwash? If we ARE born with our cognition, it seems conceivable, and almost logical to me that it be connected to body-type.