• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the most "individualistic" types?

What are the most "individualistic" types?

• Total voters

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
What are the most individualistic types?

Wiki said:
Individualism is a term used to describe a moral, political, or social outlook that stresses human independence and the importance of individual self-reliance and liberty. Individualists promote the exercise of individual goals and desires. They oppose most external interference with an individual's choices - whether by society, the state, or any other group or institution.

heart

heart on fire
Speaking strictly in terms of archetype, INTP is the most individualistic, ESFJ the least.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would probably put SP types first, closely followed by NP types, then NJ, SJ.

Or to be a bit more specific, ISTP, INTP > ESTP, ENTP, ISFP, INFP > other SPs, NPs, etc.

Not quite sure where to draw the line, either.

ygolo

My termites win
Like in the other thread, I picked based on personal examples...

IME, INTJs are by far the most individualistic.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I guess I'm not too surprised about the results.

Most individualistic...

INTX, XNFP, ISXP

Shows moderate to strong Fi or weak Fe.

Most collectivistic...

XSXJ, XNFJ

Shows moderate to strong Fe or weak Fi.

Fi = Individualistic tendencies.
Fe = Collectivistic tendencies.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Almost certainly the Intuitives. This is due to the fact that they pay little heed to society's values and principles; instead implementing their own (on themselves if they're more Introverted, and on both themselves and others if they're Extraverted). Some of them might follow society if this is to their advantage, but they tend not to to the extent that any SP or, more importantly SJ would.

In fact, come to think of it, I've just had a thought. Keirsey talks about how the SPs and the NTs are utilitarian, while the NFs and the SJs are cooperative. Perhaps this means that NTs and SPs are more individualistic than NFs and SJs. Nonetheless, this is MBTT we're talking about, so maybe it makes sense to say the Intuitives.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I voted INTP and all of the types that are one letter away: INTJ, ENTP, INFP, ISTP. Overall I think INTP is the most individualistic type, but the other 4 are freaks in their own right. ;)

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Probably ENFP.

I am very individualistic. Always walk your own path and never follow the crowd is one of my mottos in life.

To hell with 9-5 jobs
To hell with marriage and having kids

Just because society deemed something as normal doesn't mean that it's right for you, different people have different personalities and different needs. Never be afraid to be different, never be afraid to walk your own path, never be afraid to be unconventional. :yes:

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Individualistic as in following one's own path or being self-reliant?

If the former... INxPs and ISxPs would be at the top.
If the latter... IxTJs would take the lead.