User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is being an introvert hard?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • it sucks! I want to be an extrovert! =(

3 4.62%
  • I would prefer being an extrovert, but being I is alright

7 10.77%
  • it is hard, but I still like being an introvert

22 33.85%
  • It's hard being I, but I'm neutral

5 7.69%
  • it's not hard being I, I'm neutral

7 10.77%
  • extroverts are awesome too, but I'm glad I'm I

6 9.23%
  • I love being an introvert! =D

9 13.85%
  • it's just a friggin letter, who cares?

6 9.23%
First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

It's funny, when I think of the ultimate "cool" person, I think of a ISTP, slouched over, in the background observing from a distance, laid-back, looking like they don't give a damn, the aloof, nonchalant attitude. You extorverts should envy the average ISTP's cool.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I guess I like being introverted, but if I was extroverted I wouldn't mind either. I think the only thing that makes being a introvert hard is having friends who don't understand what it means, and that want you to go go go all the time just like they do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

No it's not hard. I'm good at being me.
    Everything that I express is simply an opinion with varying levels of support

If I seem like a different type to you, I hereby give you permission to type me however you want.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The question itself is something personal, i.e people would answer it differently every time due to their experiences/hobbies/ or the general people around them.
    It should have been : Do you find being an introvert hard?
    ^^

For me.......being an introvert is hard sometimes. Especially since my mother is an extrovert and she just DOES NOT believe in these things.....
    On another note if I am invited into a five people gathering (including me) with two people I know well and three people I don't, then I tend to not really enjoy myself wholeheartedly. And wish that it was just me and one friend. I feel so happy going back home after a party! XD
    But when put in such situations I am friendly and amiable. People think of me as an extrovert then, and I really do hate assumptions by other moms. Me being a 'good' person etc. (I am really happy when they say that but I feel really guilty since in my eyes I am far from being a good person.)
    Also they say it so easily after only seeing me for.... what? An hour or so? I mean... Hey! I shout at my elder brother, argue with my mother, make a declaration nearly every month about how I will not wear make-up....and you get the idea.
    Can you really call me a good person after that?

All in all, being an introvert is wonderful, and even if I am misunderstood it is a much better feeling than being understood (esp. by the wrong type of people)
    Nobody is evil, nobody is wrong, nobody hates you; but yourself.

MBTI
    N
    Enneagram

Im indifferent. I'm happy as I am and don't see any problem with it. I think growing up it was an issue for me because I had a few extroverted friends who 'expected' me to do this or not. But the older I get the less I care. I'm not an extrovert, nor do I try to be. But I am comfortable with dealing with people at a job when I need to.

I'm fortunate in that I know how to work with people -both personally and at a job-. I know too many introverts irl who are almost afraid to leave their home. I think what it comes down to is I realized a long time ago I can improve myself but I can't change myself. I will always need time to myself. And as soon as I realized that I knew I could do anything an extrovert can do, just in finite amounts.

It doesn't seem that hard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchitasi View Post
    I'm fortunate in that I know how to work with people -both personally and at a job-. I know too many introverts irl who are almost afraid to leave their home. I think what it comes down to is I realized a long time ago I can improve myself but I can't change myself. I will always need time to myself. And as soon as I realized that I knew I could do anything an extrovert can do, just in finite amounts.
    +1 Very well put.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INtP

It's not hard, the only part that is hard is watching peopel around you go al extraverted and away they go, forgetting you're there.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It was hard to be an introvert this weekend in a cottage full of extroverts (heavy Fe ones) with nowhere to politely hide away. Nothing but chattering. Fun, just exhausting.
    -end of thread-

your resident asshole

Introversion (if I really am introverted) poses no problems for me. However, I have a HUGE social anxiety issue that I'd love to get rid of.

Not type related for me.

In fact, with some extraverts, I just feed off of their energy. Sometimes it feels so great to drink it all in and you become so energetic yourself. But if it's the wrong kind of person, you just want them to STFU.