User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Default Why accept something in yourself...

Why accept something in yourself that is less than what is needed to do what is required?

We all have flaws, obviously, but it seems a lot of people don't even work on improving themselves.
    Adapting is what makes us human. Mastering new circumstances.

Why do you accept (major) flaws in yourself?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I think it is interesting how much more people will do than is required.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Why do you accept (major) flaws in yourself?
    Because I am too caught up in working with what is cool about myself

But yes.... I see what you mean, and I do work on things that I am bad at (usually in some ridiculous fashion to make things more interesting...).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Flaws are usually the hardest thing to work on
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Why accept something in yourself that is less than what is needed to do what is required?
    What is 'required' in life, or in a given situation? Why not change the requirements to avoid having to change oneself? This can, however, be interpreted as running from a challenge instead of adapting to face it.
    Personally, I've identified flaws in myself, and I continue to do so, but that does not mean that I can fix the flaws as quickly as I can identify them. I can't.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    What is 'required' in life, or in a given situation? Why not change the requirements to avoid having to change oneself? This can, however, be interpreted as running from a challenge instead of adapting to face it.
    Personally, I've identified flaws in myself, and I continue to do so, but that does not mean that I can fix the flaws as quickly as I can identify them. I can't.
    I personally think that people have a hugher problem nowadays with being themselves than with adapting to whats expected of them. They dont seem to understand that the world they live in is created by them and not by the ones who surround them
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

This can, however, be interpreted as running from a challenge instead of adapting to face it.
    This is what I was getting at. It is the vague pressure coming from the society around us. So, the question changes into: How much am I willing to limit myself in order to fit in this society?

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I personally think that people have a hugher problem nowadays with being themselves than with adapting to whats expected of them. They dont seem to understand that the world they live in is created by them and not by the ones who surround them
    Yeah, there is a (disturbing) tendency to adapt to society's 'requirements' at the expense of individuality. Some people act as if these external standards are objectively correct, and if you deviate, you are objectively wrong... rather than recognizing them as widely shared opinions. They are arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    This is what I was getting at. It is the vague pressure coming from the society around us. So, the question changes into: How much am I willing to limit myself in order to fit in this society?
    I agree. I don't interpret changing the 'requirements' as running from a challenge, but some might, and maybe that is what you mean by vague pressure.

Then we get to the point about identifying one's flaws. No one is flawed (or anything else) with respect to themselves, so if we notice flaws at all, I wonder if they are necessarily due to external expectations. But it should be possible to improve towards an internal standard.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What we decide to change in ourselves all wells from what we want to get out of life. Some people are already where they want to be.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Then we get to the point about identifying one's flaws. No one is flawed (or anything else) with respect to themselves, so if we notice flaws at all, I wonder if they are necessarily due to external expectations. But it should be possible to improve towards an internal standard.
    In a vacuum there would be no internal standard either. Basically, without other people we couldn't really define ourselves at all. It would be weird. So, we have to let ourselves be judged by someone, but we can choose who they are. Well, most people don't choose, otherwise advertisements would just not work.