User Tag List

First 4567 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

I think we get into type pairings (more like triplets) when we get into polarization. Two opposites INTP-ESFJ setting up the polar ends and then a third, or more caught in between that. Even then we get into loyalities and such. Personal values in those between the two ends, some that don't care and remove themselves from between the ends, others make their own view completely neutral forming a triangle.

Also we can view an ENFP in-between the two ends and see if they polarize the two and perhaps push the two ends closer together, joining forces against this foreign belief. I'm rambling.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i vote ISFP for least polarizing as well. most people can easily relate to them, i think, and they tend to be kind to most people. I makes them a listener, S grounded, and F and P willing to accommodate a little to meet others. ISTPs are usually cool and laid back, but they have more of an "edge".
    I definitely agree with this. I have never seen anyone more tolerate and kind than my mother, who's an ISFP.

She has seven siblings and they all adore her so much while the rest among them didn't get along with each other too well. She's also the mediator when conflicts arise.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    I definitely agree with this. I have never seen anyone more tolerate and kind than my mother, who's an ISFP.

She has seven siblings and they all adore her so much while the rest among them didn't get along with each other too well. She's also the mediator when conflicts arise.
    My sister is ISFJ, I'm pretty sure, and she's the same in my family. She could be ISFP, but she seems to have the selfless quality associated with ISFJ. She's the least obtrusive person in my family.

My ENFJ sister is more of "the mediator" though, god bless her, I really do love my ENFJ, I do, she puts a lot of effort into us.

But the ISFJ is the sweetest, most gentle, easy to get along with person. Maybe she's ISFP. I've never gotten her to take the test.

I really think ISFJ though. It's like she lives to do things for other people, to the point of self-sacrifice. It's really over-the-top at times. She had this really tremendous work ethic, too, when she was younger before she became a stay-at-home mom.

Then me, my mom, and my third sister are ALL ExFPs. Mom is ESFP, I'm ENFP, and my third sister has gotten ENFP on a test but I've questioned whether she's ENFP or ESFP, honestly. She's more fact based than theoretical and just has a lot of ESxP qualities.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    My sister is ISFJ, I'm pretty sure, and she's the same in my family. She could be ISFP, but she seems to have the selfless quality associated with ISFJ. She's the least obtrusive person in my family.

My ENFJ sister is more of "the mediator" though, god bless her, I really do love my ENFJ, I do, she puts a lot of effort into us.

But the ISFJ is the sweetest, most gentle, easy to get along with person. Maybe she's ISFP. I've never gotten her to take the test.

I really think ISFJ though. It's like she lives to do things for other people, to the point of self-sacrifice. It's really over-the-top at times. She had this really tremendous work ethic, too, when she was younger before she became a stay-at-home mom.

Then me, my mom, and my third sister are ALL ExFPs. Mom is ESFP, I'm ENFP, and my third sister has gotten ENFP on a test but I've questioned whether she's ENFP or ESFP, honestly. She's more fact based than theoretical and just has a lot of ESxP qualities.
    Your ISFJ sister could be a 9w1, which is actually a pretty common type among ISFJs... They're less "on your face" than ISFJ 2s, I'd say.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'd nominate ISFP. Just a guess, but they seem to be the type who are fairly low-key and mostly well-liked, but those who don't particularly like them are unlikely to dislike them - more that they'd slip under the radar.
    Probably true...until you cross their values.
    I definitely find ISFPs probably the most "likeable" out of all types, and they can typically fit into any group and be liked.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I agree with everybody that isfp are the least polarizing and by far the best type. All other types pale in comparison. 

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Yaaaay! You guys like us! You really like us! :hugs:
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I'd nominate ISFP. Just a guess, but they seem to be the type who are fairly low-key and mostly well-liked, but those who don't particularly like them are unlikely to dislike them - more that they'd slip under the radar.
    Generally it's loud ESTP women that don't like me... and it's usually a matter of them thinking I'm weird or too innocent. And that seems to piss them off. I've had a few ESTP alpha female types that really bullied me. So, I suppose it's because we're polar opposites.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'd say the same for ISTP as well. Generally speaking, they're down to earth and unassuming. And when some can be obtrusive, they're really not.. It's like they might state a point where they think you're wrong, but stand back with a wait and see approach. They're just as amused with letting people go about and failing.
    I knew an immature ISTP once that was a bit polar... she's changed now, but it is possible. It was like she enjoyed opening people's wounds. She's really cool these days.

Yes, I agree. I think the worst thing I've ever heard anyone say about an ISFP or an ISTP is that they're a bit "weird", or they don't "get them", or they're a bit "flaky", etc. But nothing worse, and generally they are well liked and viewed as quirky, fun, and easy to get along with.

I wonder if ISTP might be a tiny bit more likely to have that polarizing effect, as I think they might be somewhat more likely to behave in a manner perceived as inconsiderate of others' feelings.
    I've met unhealthy ISFP's and ISTP's. Either is capable of being polarizing if insecure. I know a lot of very cool ISFP's... and I know a lot of not very cool ISFP's-- and it's always due to insecure Fi. Victim mentalities, emotional instability. It's funny the many different ways Fi can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I would vote ISFJ. I think anyone with Fi is automatically more likely to be polarizing.
    Thing is, Fe can be quite manipulative when unhealthy, too. I've known one ISFJ that was a bit polarizing. She's still young, so maybe she'll grow out of it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Do you mean dominant Fi or just "Fi users"? Regardless, I don't think it's quite that simple.

ISFPs and INFPs are dominant Fi but most of the time they kind, gentle, and accepting people. I don't see either type as very polarizing except maybe when a strong value of theirs has been crossed.

ESTPs and ENTPs are not "Fi users" but these types often come across as polarizing. Some ESTPs come across as rather blunt and tactless and ENTPs tend to start controversial debates for the fun of it.

ISFJs aren't very polarizing in general. Usually they try to be polite and considerate. However, some ISFJs once you get to know them well, start coming across as more rigid in the way they want things done and can be somewhat manipulative regarding emotions (usually the less healthy once). So in that sense they can be polarizing.
    I've known an INFP that was polarizing... at least with me. She also had insecure Fi, and I think had jealousy issues when it came to me. We dated the same guy which is how we knew each other... and I suppose is a bad way to become introduced with anyone.

I personally think any healthy introverted type is likely to be least polarizing. Just as they're less in others faces with their opinions and etc. They're less likely to upset anyone.

However, I still don't get how I sometimes have a polarizing presence. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Like I said, once people actually get to know me, there's almost never dislike. People generally like me. But I can't help but think I give off some vibe.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    However, I still don't get how I sometimes have a polarizing presence. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Like I said, once people actually get to know me, there's almost never dislike. People generally like me. But I can't help but think I give off some vibe.
    I think everyone is polarizing to a certain extent. Comes hand in hand with having a style, a personal flavour.

Thinking back to obvious cases of dislike. A lot of the time people who didn't like me were guys that accused me of trying on some cool thing. Which was never true and always amused me. Then others saw me as quiet. Lately I must have evened out or not notice, I don't see any not liking of me. I see levels of like.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think I've had anyone really dislike me for a long time, unless I'm really oblivious to it. I think some people are weirded out if I get intense about literature and that sort of thing, and might back off. And the occasional person has heard me moaning about how miserable I'm feeling about life, even just for a moment, and I think they've concluded I'm a downer.

However, I have had a few people tell me that when they first met me they thought I was a bit "scary" or "intimidating." I do give off an initial vibe to some people about having a "presence" or being "strong". But I think that has everything to do with being six feet tall and having a deep voice. They always seem to say "then I found out you were really sweet and cool" It does make me a bit sad though because I wonder if some people just see this very tall woman with the booming voice and keep their distance - especially some scaredy-cat men!

I think ISFJs are right up there with the non-polarizing thing too, but they may be more likely than ISFPs to get judgmental or uptight, which could put some people off.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING