User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have significant problems with people not your communication style?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (I am S)

0 0%
  • No (I am S)

10 41.67%
  • Yes (I am N)

4 16.67%
  • No (I am N)

10 41.67%
  • I am unsure if I'm S or N

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

If I'm in the mood to read Victor, I can absorb some meaning from his writings. I have no idea if what I absorb has anything to do with what he was thinking when he wrote it though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I hate the term "sensotard." It's called being absent-minded. I'm absent-minded all the time, but I'm still a sensor.
    I thought absent minded meant basically not paying attention. I was paying attention, but reaching a wildly incorrect conclusion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@ DG - oh, i'm sorry. kinda like stalemate said... i use it in reference to moments where someone misses what's literally right in front of their nose... like my friend who ran into a door not once, but twice. the same door.

whereas absent-minded would be different... more like your glasses being on top of your head but forgetting they're there. just general distraction, as opposed to being blatantly oblivious to one's surroundings.

but maybe it's actually more a lack of Se than anything, and Si users experience that too?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Maybe I'm not an INTP after all.
    Why so? Because sometimes you can't comprehend Victor or because Ti posts are too long?

If it's the former... not all N's have to understand him. Just as I found multiple S's understand him.

If it's the latter... just because you have Ti in yourself does not mean you like it when others people use it.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I thought absent minded meant basically not paying attention. I was paying attention, but reaching a wildly incorrect conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @ DG - oh, i'm sorry. kinda like stalemate said... i use it in reference to moments where someone misses what's literally right in front of their nose... like my friend who ran into a door not once, but twice. the same door.

whereas absent-minded would be different... more like your glasses being on top of your head but forgetting they're there. just general distraction, as opposed to being blatantly oblivious to one's surroundings.

but maybe it's actually more a lack of Se than anything, and Si users experience that too?
    Hmm... well according to Wikipedia:
    Quote Originally Posted by Absent-mindedness
    1. a low level of attention ("blanking" or “zoning out”);
    2. intense attention to a single object of focus (hyperfocus) that makes a person oblivious to events around him or her; or
    3. unwarranted distraction of attention from the object of focus by irrelevant thoughts or environmental events.
    I suppose it could be related to Si as well, but I wonder if this would happen in any intensely introverted individual.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ hm, that could be true. does that make INFs the most klutzy of all?

incidentally... door friend is an INFP...

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^ hm, that could be true. does that make INFs the most klutzy of all?

incidentally... door friend is an INFP...

Well I've walked and ran into my share of open and closed doors, but never multiple times in a row!

Banned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    istj

all my intuitive friends love talking about lindsay lohan so we're cool

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Maybe I'm not an INTP after all.

I sometimes have problems getting through Victors posts as well. Not all of them. Some I understand and find quite insightful. Others are like cryptic. Maybe its also an Ne vs. Ni thing. I think Victor has a more Ni style while I have a more Ne style.

Some of the Ti posts I find tedious to read. Like you said, I think its mostly a tl;dr thing.
    I feel the same way when communicating with Ne/Ni dominants. When I'm communicating with N's I feel as if it's more work, yet I find it more rewarding. I find myself over-analyzing what they've said in an attempt to figure out whether or not there's really a deeper meaning beyond what has been actually stated. My Ti doesn't mind sifting through metaphors and analogies in the event I think there will be something of substance to decipher, yet at the same time when their posts/sentences are very verbose, I quickly lose interest. Also, I get the impression that lots of N's try too hard give their posts a cryptic read, thus leading to the entire reading experience seeming rather contrived on their part.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no problem understanding people... I'm the lowest common denominator when we come to the subject of communication

of course understanding doesn't mean that I don't think that the speaker is a complete dumbass, but dumbasses come in ALL types
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett