User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have significant problems with people not your communication style?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (I am S)

0 0%
  • No (I am S)

10 41.67%
  • Yes (I am N)

4 16.67%
  • No (I am N)

10 41.67%
  • I am unsure if I'm S or N

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Unsure. I don't seem to get along very well with people in general maybe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i say this with love, stalemate, but this is why we have the term "sensotard"

i think you were looking for N^2 in a neutral statement.

i do that fairly often
    I like it! I feel the love!

MBTI
    ESFJ

No .. I only have communication issues with unhealthy people and they can be N or S.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

your resident asshole

Well, I don't have great social skills to begin with, but I've never really had trouble understanding anyone in real life unless they're talking too quiet. Then I have to shout, "WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

However, on the forums I have a hard time understanding Victor. I suppose I could figure out his posts if I really TRIED, but I'll usually just move on. I've heard sensors here say they have no trouble understanding him, so maybe my IQ is too low.

Also some of the Ti posts are too long for my patience. I usually skim them for the main idea. That's not an S/N issue though, it's a tl;dr issue.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Well, I don't have great social skills to begin with, but I've never really had trouble understanding anyone in real life unless they're talking too quiet. Then I have to shout, "WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

However, on the forums I have a hard time understanding Victor. I suppose I could figure out his posts if I really TRIED, but I'll usually just move on. I've heard sensors here say they have no trouble understanding him, so maybe my IQ is too low.

Also some of the Ti posts are too long for my patience. I usually skim them for the main idea. That's not an S/N issue though, it's a tl;dr issue.
    LOL!

I was telling ISTP staff that he writes novels where something more concise would suffice. Funny the ISTP manager praised his long winded explanations. Interesting this may be attributed to Ti.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What frustrates me is when people don't get to the point or throw in all this information that is not relevant to the issue at hand. I'll get customers who sound like they want assistance, so I'll start giving assistance but really they just want to chit-chat.

Sometimes I have problems when something isn't presented in a way that I learn best. For example, a boss or colleague explains to me about a project they want me to do and they spout out details that seem arbitrary and disconnected to me because they haven't even given me the big picture or the purpose yet.

So, yes, I do admit to having significant problems when the communication isn't presented in a way that's compatible with my own thinking style, but I'm learning.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post

Maybe I'm not an INTP after all.

I sometimes have problems getting through Victors posts as well. Not all of them. Some I understand and find quite insightful. Others are like cryptic. Maybe its also an Ne vs. Ni thing. I think Victor has a more Ni style while I have a more Ne style.

Some of the Ti posts I find tedious to read. Like you said, I think its mostly a tl;dr thing.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I don't have problems understanding, i just have problems to get my points across. I voted ''no''.
    Same here.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

i do that fairly often
    Gah, i have sensotard moments all the time... but asides from those i can understand either s's or n's pretty well as long as there is a basic desire to communicate. Occaisionally i have difficulty getting through to sensors esp regarding abstract ideas, but usually fairly easily overcome. Certainly not extreme or excessive difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Maybe I'm not an INTP after all.

I sometimes have problems getting through Victors posts as well. Not all of them. Some I understand and find quite insightful. Others are like cryptic. Maybe its also an Ne vs. Ni thing. I think Victor has a more Ni style while I have a more Ne style.

Some of the Ti posts I find tedious to read. Like you said, I think its mostly a tl;dr thing.

Yuh, Vic is a bit like Shakespere in that sense... i get him (mostly)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

your resident asshole

i do that fairly often
    I hate the term "sensotard." It's called being absent-minded. I'm absent-minded all the time, but I'm still a sensor.