• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does N accomodate S more than S accomodates N?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i would pay to watch a show of 5 random upper-middle-class N doms who have to live in the hood for a month.

predictions:
ENTP becomes particularly effective drug dealer
ENFP becomes police liaison
INTJ becomes mercenary / hitman
INFJ becomes go-to counselor

Haha, my idea was way cheesier!!

I was thinking that the movie could be about one of the people from the other planet, (Calamador) 20 year old NFP male. The first part of the movie being a comedy of errors, him trying to figure out basic details and etiquette of the world. (Clothing and housing and food and stuff.) Lots of bumping into walls and generalized sensotard moments. When he starts to figure that part out, he meets an SFP girl. (She’s helping him up off the ground or something.) They become friends and eventually fall in love. The plot could be that he can’t survive long in the physical world, and she can’t go back with him to the invisible world, so they are trying to figure something out.

Her: “We can’t be together, because you’re from Calamador”
Him: “I believe anything is possible.”

Lots of cheesy scenes of her showing him how to swim at sunset and such. But eventually she has some Earthly problems like paying bills or getting sick.

Him: “But in Calamador, the world has nothing so it can be turned into anything. Life can be what you’ve always wanted it to be!”

She throws a temper tantrum: ‘I’M SICK OF YOU AND YOUR WORLD!!!!”

They make out.

Make your own ending.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, my idea was way cheesier!!

I was thinking that the movie could be about one of the people from the other planet, (Calamador) 20 year old NFP male. The first part of the movie being a comedy of errors, him trying to figure out basic details and etiquette of the world. (Clothing and housing and food and stuff.) Lots of bumping into walls and generalized sensotard moments. When he starts to figure that part out, he meets an SFP girl. (She’s helping him up off the ground or something.) They become friends and eventually fall in love. The plot could be that he can’t survive long in the physical world, and she can’t go back with him to the invisible world, so they are trying to figure something out.

Her: “We can’t be together, because you’re from Calamador”
Him: “I believe anything is possible.”

Lots of cheesy scenes of her showing him how to swim at sunset and such. But eventually she has some Earthly problems like paying bills or getting sick.

Him: “But in Calamador, the world has nothing so it can be turned into anything. Life can be what you’ve always wanted it to be!”

She throws a temper tantrum: ‘I’M SICK OF YOU AND YOUR WORLD!!!!”

They make out.

Make your own ending.

INFP and ISFP. that's amazing. please figure out a way to make this movie.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think she was going for INFP and ESFP.

Actually, the original plan was ENFP and ISFP, but then I decided that a chick flick could do with any combination of FP's. (Though, I certainly see what you're getting at :))

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
haha well it is up to shortnsweet of course :)

the reason i was thinking Is is because even though the ExxPs would technically be more in their respective worlds, that doesn't really play out most of the time IRL... Is tend to be more spacey and absorbed in their own worlds. on both parts. plus two Fi doms just makes for lots of indie sweetness. so i think it would add tension, and also cuteness.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha well it is up to shortnsweet of course :)

the reason i was thinking Is is because even though the ExxPs would technically be more in their respective worlds, that doesn't really play out most of the time IRL... Is tend to be more spacey and absorbed in their own worlds. so i think it would add tension, and also cuteness.

SRT thought I was referring to a specific situation :D I'm guessing INFP and ISFP would be the funniest pair as well.

G

garbage

For about one month a long time ago, I thought I was a type 4, and it was the most integrating experience of my life. Maybe it's not true that I am/was a type 4, but the belief was what counted.

Typological issues boil down to epistemology: which part of typology is a product of belief, and which part comes down to knowledge? How much heuristic value for self-reflection and personal growth does it all have? How much does it tend to distract and detract from these things? And on another level: "Am I even ready to take on this knowledge/belief system?"

One thing I do know (and many others here have known for a long time) is that handing out one type per person is too rigid. And another thing I learned from this forum: the MBTI 16 types system is based on the false assumption that the Dominant function for the types are defined by the I/E and P/J scales. This assumption is not even Jungian, it is just made up.

Possibly as a result of this, someone here recently reported a tendency to score either ISFP or ISFJ, and the result was only psychological confusion. So it doesn't seem very useful for this person. I have seen a similar confusion bring others to this forum. Why can't there be a type that includes traits of both the ISFP and ISFJ? Why were the system founders so rigidly certain about their formula for determining dominant function?

Agree on all counts. First and foremost, this stuff should be personally meaningful. If I have gleaned meaningful insight from Enneagram type 1, 4, 5, and 8 descriptions at some point in my life, then great; the system has served me in several different ways.

You mention assumptions that are based on Jung. I'd also say that even if a concept does come from directly from Jung's mouth, it might still not reflect reality. I also wonder why we treat his words as sacrosanct.

We do see people who obviously buck the system when they assign themselves a type, with conventions such as lowercase letters to connote that they feel that they lean toward the middle of some dichotomy--they might relate to both, say, INFP and INTP combinations to some degree. In doing so, they may violate the system (oh, god; the horror of it all), but they have found a unique and meaningful way to identify and communicate who they are via typology. Good.

Shouldn't the systems bend to that need? I think that sort of flexibility would serve typology well.

In the meantime, if we're also going to treat our logical structures as some sort of explanatory scientific framework, it should at least be validated scientifically. If it can't be, then its scope needs to be reduced to simply giving us a vocabulary and a map of human personality.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Wow, applying the same (lame) pep talk they give to the nerds in school to Ns?

Nope - that's the reality of things. You go to BigLaw, and make a ton of money until you burn out. Then, those who didn't have the grades have their own smaller and midsized practices, and you go work for them (that is, the ones who are still in the industry). That being said, because you have all the connections from working in BigLaw, it's more like a partnership until you do become nominative partners.

Over the course of a lifetime, the SJ definitely does better - but they're not the ones starting the firms, after all. Besides, everyone's working for some born-rich kid in the end, regardless of type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agree on all counts. First and foremost, this stuff should be personally meaningful. If I have gleaned meaningful insight from Enneagram type 1, 4, 5, and 8 descriptions at some point in my life, then great; the system has served me in several different ways.

You mention assumptions that are based on Jung. I'd also say that even if a concept does come from directly from Jung's mouth, it might still not reflect reality. I also wonder why we treat his words as sacrosanct.

(I just want the Jungians on this forum to know that I'm not blaming Jung for the MBTI's shortcomings.)

The INTJ (or maybe INXJ) has that affect on people. The famous ones, such as Jung, Nietzsche, and Ayn Rand, write as if from the top of Mt. Olympus, they never cite sources but act as if everything they write is original with them. They write as if history never existed, or perhaps it started with them. They write as if they are not part of a social context, but have risen far above it. It is very timeless Platonic thinking.

This writing style is designed to gain converts who are "religious" toward the ideas being presented. But the INXJ would prefer to be worshipped from afar.

We do see people who obviously buck the system when they assign themselves a type, with conventions such as lowercase letters to connote that they feel that they lean toward the middle of some dichotomy--they might relate to both, say, INFP and INTP combinations to some degree. In doing so, they may violate the system (oh, god; the horror of it all), but they have found a unique and meaningful way to identify and communicate who they are via typology. Good.

Shouldn't the systems bend to that need? I think that sort of flexibility would serve typology well.

In the meantime, if we're also going to treat our logical structures as some sort of explanatory scientific framework, it should at least be validated scientifically. If it can't be, then its scope needs to be reduced to simply giving us a vocabulary and a map of human personality.

Validated how?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nope - that's the reality of things. You go to BigLaw, and make a ton of money until you burn out. Then, those who didn't have the grades have their own smaller and midsized practices, and you go work for them (that is, the ones who are still in the industry). That being said, because you have all the connections from working in BigLaw, it's more like a partnership until you do become nominative partners.

Over the course of a lifetime, the SJ definitely does better - but they're not the ones starting the firms, after all. Besides, everyone's working for some born-rich kid in the end, regardless of type.

You need fun in your life. That makes it easier to not burn out :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10zJjZPze4&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
You need fun in your life. That makes it easier to not burn out :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10zJjZPze4&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Finals. I hate life right now.

*buzzing sound* No, a celebration for rich kids. One you wouldn't want to attend. :D

Impossible. That's not in the form of a question. :tongue:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Finals. I hate life right now.

Dont worry, that will never get better. One day you'll understand that that's how everybody feels and that you have a chance of being there for them. Cause they need you

A

A window to the soul

Dont worry, that will never get better. One day you'll understand that that's how everybody feels and that you have a chance of being there for them. Cause they need you

What is final exams "Steel Magnolias?" Your thoughts are so beautiful... :boohoo:

Last edited:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I keep wanting to respond to this thread but there's so many stupid things being said, I don't know where to start. I don't think S is being very well "accomodated" by Ns in this thread, heh...

A

A window to the soul

I keep wanting to respond to this thread but there's so many stupid things being said, I don't know where to start. I don't think S is being very well "accomodated" by Ns in this thread, heh...

How may we better "accommodate" you today? Specifically?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How may we better "accommodate" you today? Specifically?
Well for one thing, I was hoping someone would attempt to answer my question from before, since the answer seems very relevant to the discussion....

But you don't explain what these languages are, or why there would be such a divide. I have lots of N friends, and I don't overhear them talking to each other in some mystical language that is forbidden to my kind.
What does that even mean? Can you provide an example of S speak and N speak? ....
So you're talking about conversational topics now, not "style" or "language".(?)

But I'll settle for people not spouting off nonsense about how primitive and simple-minded Ss are. (referring to the thread, not the OP necessarily)