First 1234513 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Are you unaware of the world?
    Of course not, but Se is my 8th preference. It is truly the lowest of the low on my function order list. So I'd say that I'm not nearly as aware of the world as some people. Again, as a human being I have to be aware of my physical surroundings or I'd run into doors. (And, I occasionally do run into doors.) So even though I'm not naturally inclined to do so (because I have dominant Ne) I am forced to practice using my sensing preferences.

BTW, if you haven't seen the Sensotard Moments thread on the NT forum you should check it out. It made me laugh so hard that my abs hurt.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    The problem is that S with S still exists, while N needs to enter S to evolve into something tangable.

I think it is twice the work to get S on board with N than it is to get N on board with S. Then again, good N can be pretty fucking stubborn.
    So true.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Btw mean people can be Ns too, see this genius connection of the dots for referance

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7jDRqaJU2E&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I conflict and/or have to "tweak" things more on Fi related matters (perhaps a Fi informed by a Ne scope). Otherwise, what I see as S differences are subtle. Sometimes aggravating, but subtle. More subtle than actively preventing myself from walking into walls or something. It's this kind of silliness that makes me want to retype ISFP just because I can ride a skateboard or something.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

my view on this is that Ne is basically unconscious perception of "Se", taking these details that this "Se" provides and unconscious mind working to find patterns about where those details came from and where they might be going, now these patterns that unconscious mind made from the details are taken into the conscious and those patterns coming to conscious perception is Ne.

the reason i said "Se", is that its not actually Se thats being used, even tho it basically does the same thing(perceiving the details). Se is when those details come to conscious mind and viewed as they are without further processing(like finding patterns) of the unconscious. Se is objective perception, the objectivity of the perception vanishes when when its the patterns that are perceived by the conscious, not the details itself.

and Se user trying to figure out patterns isnt Ne, because Ne is unconscious perception of those patterns.

naturally even Ne types are capable of seeing details with their eyes, but just seeing them doesent mean you are using Se, it means that you are using your eyes.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I must take issue with the idea that Sensors don't have to "speak N" - as an university student, I am often exposed to abstract ideas even in more "concrete" courses (Journalism, for instance which tends to attract quite a few STJs, or so I hear). The world often seems like a complex place to me, an iNtuitive*, so I imagine Sensors feel a bit lost as well; we're both missing a part of the puzzle in that way, as well as in many others. It's not that rare for someone, N or S, feel like the world is a labirynthine place.
    An excellent point Viridian. I agree that studying at university is a great way people are forced to exercise their N-speak. So you are correct that there are ways... many ways... that Ss learn to enhance their N preference.

But I would argue that if an S opts out of university, or reading about philosophy, or getting a subscription to Foreign Affairs, that it is possible for them to duck many of the activities that would require them to exercise their N preference.

Whereas, no N can opt out of exercising his S preference. All Ns must, I repeat MUST, exercise their S preferences as they go about the act of living. And, this is a very radical and profound statement on my part. I recognize this, but it's not a statement I make without much consideration.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Btw mean people can be Ns too, see this genius connection of the dots for reference

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7jDRqaJU2E&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    LOL! Yeah, that's a pretty N-oriented *sshole move.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I've had occasions where I've butt heads with Si-doms. When I've come up with a new inventive strategy to get job A done, and suggest it to an Si-dom, and then they tell me that they've had more experience with doing job A and know of a strategy that works. It feels like a buzzkill to come up with a way to get something done, and not have your ideas accepted. Then I get stubborn to do it my way (Ni stubbornness), and then after a while end up trying the method the Si user suggested, and realize it really is more effective. lol

I do find that working with Si-doms, they get hell bent if details are missing, especially Si-Te doms... if you don't follow the steps verbatim, you're done! LOL Most times I'm kind of half in the now and half inside my head, and I end up withdrawing from the rest of the world even while getting mundane stuff done. Not very good while in the presence of a sensor who is more keen on details than I am! I'm never in the present moment. I'm just kind of floating in my own brain. Some tasks require one to be in the present moment, so it can grate on sensors when I am messing up on key details of procedures. I just look at the general picture of the procedures.

But I find that working with sensors in general help to hone in my weak spots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Of course not, but Se is my 8th preference. It is truly the lowest of the low on my function order list. So I'd say that I'm not nearly as aware of the world as some people. Again, as a human being I have to be aware of my physical surroundings or I'd run into doors. (And, I occasionally do run into doors.) So even though I'm not naturally inclined to do so (because I have dominant Ne) I am forced to practice using my sensing preferences.

BTW, if you haven't seen the Sensotard Moments thread on the NT forum you should check it out. It made me laugh so hard that my abs hurt.
    Maybe you should watch where you're going.

Ginkgo

Even intuition requires some element of 'sensing' in order to operate. Forming abstract concepts requires both an object and a subject because intuition is a form of perception. Even introspection is a perspective loosely based on an object; as Jung put it, it is an "inner eye" of sorts.

I have an alternative theory - you 'speak sensing' (whatever that means) because you perceive differences between you and others, which have only become reinforced by MBTI. You deliberately talk about concrete things, not because you're a special intuitive snowflake, but because you salvaged the idea from types. This is something your colleagues (I'm guessing) don't have access to.