User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely the most logical thing, so I don't blame "the-S-types", but still, it can be quite annoying sometimes imho when people don't even try to see something out of your perspective(not necessarily only in the sense of N vs S, but often). Example: I often have issues getting along with ESTPs. Their jokes are mainly physical/factual, while mines usually are very theoretical and often purely verbal. One ESTP I got to know throwed a burning lighter at me - I were completely baffled why someone should do such a thing and thought at first he would have serious antipathy against me, he on the other side simply meant it as fun. Other way around, when I made a joke about him, he responded angrily "Do you want to insult me?". I get along with him now because we both got that we're different in this topic - I like to stay in the theoretical realm and only switch to the physical reality if it's necessary, he likes to stay in the physical reality and only switches to theory if really necessary. But many ESTPs I met simply weren't aware of this difference and thought I wouldn't like them, so they don't like me now, purely because of a misunderstanding.
    See, I'm just wary of blaming conversation misses on the S/N divide. There are two main factors at play here -- one is that the samples people have on this matter are too small to make predictive judgments about unknown new members of a certain type. But more important is this: how does anyone really know if their typings are correct? I've seen so many people who think they are Ns being quite biased about using the S label to describe those who "don't understand" or whatever. I've definitely been guilty of this myself (and maybe still am to an extent).

Some of my best interactions are with S types, mainly because we compliment each other in conversation. When "debating" with another N, the conversation sometimes spins off into oblivion. Sure, I get frustrated from time to time with people dismissing my ideas, and maybe the dismissal looks a bit different on average from S types to N types, but most people don't really want to listen to anyone else anyway.

I like hanging out with a good mix of S types and N types; we all have different conversation specializations and it makes discussion much more wide-ranging. Obviously there are times when I prefer certain styles to others, but it's hard to say that's entirely a type thing anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    lol...this thread is silly...whether the S or N is more accomodating depends on the individual N or S....maybe some *types* of people are less accomodating than others, and it has nothing to do with the N/S line...I think FPs in general are fairly accomodating...my ESFP mother is very accomodating...on the other hand, my ISTJ grandfather could be a beligerent, judgmental asshole who insisted that math was the right thing to be good at, not literature or art!

Then again, an ISFJ could be fairly accomodating and sweet, depending on their Fe...so it's not even the J/P divide, either.
    Keirsey actually classifies types into Preemptive, Contending, Collaborating, and Accommodating. The "Accommodating" ones are ISFP, ISFJ, INTP, and INFP in Keirsey terms.

ISTJ would be contending and ESFP collaborating.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Then ExFPs are Collaborative? I would think Collaborative and Accomodating would be the easiest to get along with.

The Accomodating ones make sense, too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Then ExFPs are Collaborative? I would think Collaborative and Accomodating would be the easiest to get along with.

The Accomodating ones make sense, too.
    Yeah, here is the full breakdown:

Preemtping: ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENFJ
    Contending: ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ
    Collaborating: ESFP, ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP
    Accommodating: ISFP, ISFJ, INTP, INFP

I find it interesting that xSFJ and xNFJ are in such different categories as well as xSTP and xNTP.

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Yeah, here is the full breakdown:

Preemtping: ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENFJ
    Contending: ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ
    Collaborating: ESFP, ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP
    Accommodating: ISFP, ISFJ, INTP, INFP

I find it interesting that xSFJ and xNFJ are in such different categories as well as xSTP and xNTP.
    So contending = chart the course, accomodating = behind the scenes, etc?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    So contending = chart the course, accomodating = behind the scenes, etc?
    I can't find exact definitions right now but "contending" is more similar to "competitive" in this sense. It is more about interaction style I guess. This post on brainsandcareers mentions these terms briefly in breaking down the whole new Keirsey naming scheme where, for example, ENFP is a Diplomatic Collaborator / Advocator where the old term was "Champion." http://brainsandcareers.com/phpBB3/v....php?f=4&t=117

Keirsey's latest book uses all the new terms and I haven't read the whole thing yet and am still getting used to the terminology.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think both the Collaborating or the Accommodating groups would fit with "accommodating" as meant in this thread actually.

I can't find exact definitions right now but "contending" is more similar to "competitive" in this sense. It is more about interaction style I guess. This post on brainsandcareers mentions these terms briefly in breaking down the whole new Keirsey naming scheme where, for example, ENFP is a Diplomatic Collaborator / Advocator where the old term was "Champion." http://brainsandcareers.com/phpBB3/v....php?f=4&t=117

Keirsey's latest book uses all the new terms and I haven't read the whole thing yet and am still getting used to the terminology.
    I'll check out the thread. I always wondered how and why the types were given those names.
    Thanks.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Advocator" isn't a word.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    "Advocator" isn't a word.
    Please specify a language.