What is "the wedding at Cana?"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Agree on all counts. First and foremost, this stuff should be personally meaningful. If I have gleaned meaningful insight from Enneagram type 1, 4, 5, and 8 descriptions at some point in my life, then great; the system has served me in several different ways.

You mention assumptions that are based on Jung. I'd also say that even if a concept does come from directly from Jung's mouth, it might still not reflect reality. I also wonder why we treat his words as sacrosanct.
    (I just want the Jungians on this forum to know that I'm not blaming Jung for the MBTI's shortcomings.)

The INTJ (or maybe INXJ) has that affect on people. The famous ones, such as Jung, Nietzsche, and Ayn Rand, write as if from the top of Mt. Olympus, they never cite sources but act as if everything they write is original with them. They write as if history never existed, or perhaps it started with them. They write as if they are not part of a social context, but have risen far above it. It is very timeless Platonic thinking.

This writing style is designed to gain converts who are "religious" toward the ideas being presented. But the INXJ would prefer to be worshipped from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    We do see people who obviously buck the system when they assign themselves a type, with conventions such as lowercase letters to connote that they feel that they lean toward the middle of some dichotomy--they might relate to both, say, INFP and INTP combinations to some degree. In doing so, they may violate the system (oh, god; the horror of it all), but they have found a unique and meaningful way to identify and communicate who they are via typology. Good.

Shouldn't the systems bend to that need? I think that sort of flexibility would serve typology well.

In the meantime, if we're also going to treat our logical structures as some sort of explanatory scientific framework, it should at least be validated scientifically. If it can't be, then its scope needs to be reduced to simply giving us a vocabulary and a map of human personality.
    Validated how?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Nope - that's the reality of things. You go to BigLaw, and make a ton of money until you burn out. Then, those who didn't have the grades have their own smaller and midsized practices, and you go work for them (that is, the ones who are still in the industry). That being said, because you have all the connections from working in BigLaw, it's more like a partnership until you do become nominative partners.

Over the course of a lifetime, the SJ definitely does better - but they're not the ones starting the firms, after all. Besides, everyone's working for some born-rich kid in the end, regardless of type.
    You need fun in your life. That makes it easier to not burn out

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10zJjZPze4&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

What is "the wedding at Cana?"
    *buzzing sound* No, a celebration for rich kids. One you wouldn't want to attend.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You need fun in your life. That makes it easier to not burn out

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10zJjZPze4&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    Finals. I hate life right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    *buzzing sound* No, a celebration for rich kids. One you wouldn't want to attend.
    Impossible. That's not in the form of a question.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Finals. I hate life right now.
    Dont worry, that will never get better. One day you'll understand that that's how everybody feels and that you have a chance of being there for them. Cause they need you
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dont worry, that will never get better. One day you'll understand that that's how everybody feels and that you have a chance of being there for them. Cause they need you
    What is final exams "Steel Magnolias?" Your thoughts are so beautiful...
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 05-04-2011 at 08:09 AM.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I keep wanting to respond to this thread but there's so many stupid things being said, I don't know where to start. I don't think S is being very well "accomodated" by Ns in this thread, heh...
    -end of thread-

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I keep wanting to respond to this thread but there's so many stupid things being said, I don't know where to start. I don't think S is being very well "accomodated" by Ns in this thread, heh...
    How may we better "accommodate" you today? Specifically?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    How may we better "accommodate" you today? Specifically?
    Well for one thing, I was hoping someone would attempt to answer my question from before, since the answer seems very relevant to the discussion....

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

But you don't explain what these languages are, or why there would be such a divide. I have lots of N friends, and I don't overhear them talking to each other in some mystical language that is forbidden to my kind.
    What does that even mean? Can you provide an example of S speak and N speak? ....
    So you're talking about conversational topics now, not "style" or "language".(?)
    But I'll settle for people not spouting off nonsense about how primitive and simple-minded Ss are. (referring to the thread, not the OP necessarily)
    -end of thread-