• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I was two letters off.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You're overall tone is relaxed. Even if you do worry you don't really seem to mind. I'd say IxFP. I wanna say ISFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's my vid. The volume is on the low side. It doesn't help that my speaking sometimes... looses definition. :)

two minutes into it and initial thought is enfp..i'll update after

still think enfp

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, it has been decided, I am in fact ENFP. To a part of me it seems like a very strange claim, mostly the part that thinks of myself as a grumpy introvert.

I've read all the profiles and they really do reflect the shape of my thinking. I was disillusioned with MBTI, until now. Maybe there is some hope for it being a useful theory for me.

My main questions now are 'How the f*** could I have thought and acted INTP?" and "What is this Fi stuff, anyway?". Anyway, I feel a lot more at ease thinking of myself as ENFP, which is another strange thing to think about.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about INFJ? There a quite a few of them that thought they were INTP at first. They're reserved, usually intellectual, and have the same judging functions (Fe and Ti) as an INTP. They also have Ni as a lead function backed up by those two judging functions, which seems to be what is going on here:

I first kind of reach out with the 'force' and feel things out for thing that match a signature. When this reaches its limits of usefulness then I shake everything up and try from a different angle. If this doesn't work I start flowcharting stuff and am grumpy for it.... please don't tell me I just described Ti.... :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i had my infp bf watch it too and didn't tell him my guess and he said that it was really hard...he's still new to this stuff too tho but at first he thought a very confident isfp then after i told him my guess he was like...yeah...i can see that he does sorta have a similar vibe to my enfp brother. he thinks the n is hard to tell sometimes in enfps...and he does not think you're an infp...so enfp made more sense to him than that.

i wonder if that's a common feeling for infps...that enfps seem less n or something?? i think what he's seeing is e type related...4's seem more fantasy oriented and i think that colors his perception of what it means to be n...know what i mean??

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about INFJ? There a quite a few of them that thought they were INTP at first. They're reserved, usually intellectual, and have the same judging functions (Fe and Ti) as an INTP. They also have Ni as a lead function backed up by those two judging functions, which seems to be what is going on here:

did you watch the video and think infj?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right or wrong, I always thought you were an infp. Your type confusion and tech-savvy do not discourage this assumption. ;)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, ENTP is no explanation for how I play board games. I highly doubt that I'm INFJ though. Most of what I know about them I'm dubiously extracting from my ISFJ ex and the INFJs on the forum. They seem to have all this secret stuff going on inside of them that I fail to have, stuff that's hard to get at. I do have a reserve, but I don't keep it in the same place they do.. I think. Okay, none of that probably made any sense.

Also I am as confident as a P can be that I'm a P. As far as not seeming ENFP, well, I haven't been remotely mentally healthy for a long time. Probably since I was 14, and Im 32 now..and really feel like myself for the first time. I just curious how that all played out functionally.

i had my infp bf watch it too and didn't tell him my guess and he said that it was really hard...he's still new to this stuff too tho but at first he thought a very confident isfp then after i told him my guess he was like...yeah...i can see that he does sorta have a similar vibe to my enfp brother. he thinks the n is hard to tell sometimes in enfps...and he does not think you're an infp...so enfp made more sense to him than that.

i wonder if that's a common feeling for infps...that enfps seem less n or something?? i think what he's seeing is e type related...4's seem more fantasy oriented and i think that colors his perception of what it means to be n...know what i mean??

Hey cool :) Yeah, Saturned's Ne makes me jealous, mine is a bit more pedestrian than hers. Although she and an order of magnitude is probably what I sound like to my ex. No wonder she looked so scared all of the time. :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right or wrong, I always thought you were an infp. Your type confusion and tech-savvy do not discourage this assumption. ;)

Noted. Although this challenges my assumption that some tech and cloudy headedness can bullocks up anything.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, and I'm still retaining INFP as a backup, but the differences between me and what I see seem kind of fundamental to me. So far I can't say that I know much so it doesn't really prove anything.

INFPs have a lot richer dream world than I seem to. Their ideals seem a heck of a lot more fluffy and realized than mine. And if I am an I, then I am a light one. I feel a lot more outwardly active than most Introverts that I read. I do introspect, though, obviously.

I do like animals.. but not really *that* much. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i definitely do not think infps are more n. i'm not quite sure what he sees...but i think enfps go into a sorta ne idea swirl and gets discussed mostly in te practical or solution based ways when he's all rolling around in fi ne land...full of si/fi dreams or imaginings or something...sorry...i'm rushed maybe i'll post in a sec after i put a lil thought into what i'm trying to say ha

crack

You are such a confusing case.

I don't know you at all, but, speaking in major stereotypes, the way you write on this forum does not give off NFP, and especially ENFP, vibes, at all. I'd agree with others in that ENTP fits, over INTP because INTP's are more anal in their nuance of detail in my opinion, and over any TJ type because their use of language is just very sharp and final somehow. More reason for NTP is the stuff about what your current profession is and such.

The reason I called you confusing is because of your video. As said, through text you come off as T, but your body language, how you look, and the vibes I get from seeing you, shout ENFP. I say ENFP over INFP because there's more of a spontaneous/sudden, erratic movement to your body (Ne?) than I think INFP's would be like. Furthermore, vibes tell me you definitely have Fi and not Fe, meaning the overinflated-third-function-for-ENTP theory is out. Additionally, I say E over I because you seem more extrovertedly-expressive - with your movements (whereas an introvert would be... Well... Introverted) but also overall inviting vibe (introverts would not naturally have "open"/inviting vibes, I wouldn't think).

Functionally speaking, the way you write in such logical fashion could be said to be Te, but there's this quality about it that makes it seem more detailed, nuanced/fine, than Te, therefore Ti, therefore a T type (I cross out IxF's, which have Ti, because it is definite you are a P type to me).

My conclusion, one I would guess you will not accept, is that MBTI is not perfect. But let's examine why I think this. What is MBTI? MBTI is a system that classifies people according to how their brain functions into a set number of [stereo]types. But is there anything inherent about people that means their brain cannot ever deviate from a stereotyped way of functioning? Obviously, not fitting into a box would be rare (otherwise the box system would be useless, if it were found to be not working very often), but I - for whatever it's worth - think you are one of those people who do not fit into any of MBTI's boxes. I don't mean this insultingly or badly at all, but your life experiences have made you a very 'fucked up' (again, not as in bad, but as in... complex, complicated but with a hint of unfortunateness (in that people's minds can be "complicated" and "complex" with no negative repercussions for the person, but this doesn't seem to be the way it is for you)). So you don't fit into an MBTI box because instead of a normal functional arrangement of like NeTiFe or NeFiTe or TiNeSi, you have different functions that decide to dominate you at different times (one day you may be NeFiTe, another you may be NeTiFe, etc). Like multiple personalities, but different because instead of multiple personalities existing within you, it's like you have a lot of "equally-strong" functions so different functions dominate and change domination within you fluctuatingly.

Oh man, I'm such a crack... but at least I amuse myself. :woot::cheers:

Somehow I thought the last post in this thread was your video so all the above is without reading the last two pages... oh well.

--------

Edit: Ffffffff. After reading the last two pages I have two things to say.
1. I agree with you, that wholly, ENFP seems the mold you fit under the most. Most identification/comfortableness with that box, etc.
2. The reason you come off more T-like, but with a bend of Ti and not just Te (which would indicate ENFP, overinflated third function), could be due to mainly your sex but also your cultural experiences ("weaknesses" being seen as bad). It's common for males to be pushed toward T qualities as infinite have said before, and perhaps in some cases this could mean an exploration of both Te and Ti qualities. Understand? Additionally, your anti-soft culture growing up might have led to a resistance of the Fi (individual feelings - your own softness) and tendency to adopt T instead... which would account for your oddness. Even your claimed introvertedness despite being an E (safer to be less vulnerable aka extroverted/open, i.e. made you more closed/introverted?). Who knows.

ENFP-but-not-an-ordinary-fit vote for me.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha. Thanks for posting anyway. I'm glad you did. The first thing I wondered about my video is if I was somehow misrepresenting myself on expression, but actually irl I'm the same if not a bit more expressive depending on who I'm with.

And I wonder about MBTI also, but it actually has all of a sudden become useful to me as far as understanding how I operate when I see myself as an ENFP even being "fucked up". Ha. Although I can totally understand how it may not be all that useful in typing me. :D

crack

I know my post was totally not conclusive (well, before the edit), haha. Sorry! But I'm glad you're happy now, and I wasn't knocking the MBTI at all - if you find it helps, that's great! Was just stressing that if it's causing you stress, don't worry about it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is an unaswered question. Back in the ENFP-INTJ fetish thread I was diagnosed as an SFP, alas I was not able to join the margarita party, it got crashed by street person. :( Anyway, it's not the first time here that I've been pegged as an S.

I do have a gravitation towards aesthetic things, but it's only something that I've been able to develop lately. Maybe I have Se instead of Ne. I need to do some brushing up on that one. I feel as if I may have access to some sort of Ni. I can luckily turn it off, because it feels very claustrophobic. It feels like something that could turn me very very paranoid if I let it.

It's worth a look see in any case. And like crack touched on.. yeah this MBTI may really only be useful to a point. I don't really see how it could be always accurate in all situations, unless Carl Jung was in fact God.