User Tag List

First 23456 Last

I'd say INFP isn't a bad fit at all. For sure you're an INxP. You and Udog do give off similar vibes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I'd say INFP isn't a bad fit at all. For sure you're an INxP. You and Udog do give off similar vibes.
    Thanks for the input, I'm pretty damned sure about the P and the I. I thought I was sure about the N, but Red Herring has a theory that I'm an S, probably has to do with my hobbies and the things I tend to comment on in her blog. I still think I'm an N, but my P is willing to explore this S thing.

I may be an INFP, but this bothers me just a little bit because it automatically labels me as being fuzzy and vulnerable. Maybe I sound soft, but I don't feel soft. And if I do ever sound emotional, sentimental, empathetic, I resent that it's labeled as some form of weakness. I will kick ass when necessary, though I'll prolly skip the name taking part.

I guess I'm kind of sensitive to being percieved as weak, I learned kind of early that this is the best way to catch unnecessary trouble. Online, the stakes are a lot lower, but it can be a hassle.

You're not alone in your distaste for the F dichotomy. It appears a lot of men have issues with it. But if you are an INFP (and I still have reservations about that), at least you're not one who denies it.

Is there really a problem with being soft with those you care about and being tough when it matters?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    You're not alone in your distaste for the F dichotomy. It appears a lot of men have issues with it. But if you are an INFP (and I still have reservations about that), at least you're not one who denies it.

Is there really a problem with being soft with those you care about and being tough when it matters?
    Well, it does sound ideal, doesn't it? Of course this discussion leads into the whole confidence thing, which is another can of worms in itself. I need a self-analysis break, I've been spinning my wheels a lot lately, whew.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Well, it does sound ideal, doesn't it?
    There you go.
    Of course this discussion leads into the whole confidence thing, which is another can of worms in itself.
    What is confidence beyond a belief in your strengths instead of self-defeating emphasis on weaknesses?
    I need a self-analysis break, I've been spinning my wheels a lot lately, whew.
    Ha ha...yes, it can be exhausting and if spinning, can be counterproductive. Why not just enjoy your strengths for awhile?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

After conceding to her that she is probably an ISFJ instead of an ISTJ, I admitted that I'm probably not an INTP, but instead of an F. I asked her to take a look at the INFP and ENFP profles to see what she thinks. Here's how she replied.. and she should know.

This is some of the stuff that I copied from the site I was looking at. There are things that show up in both, or at least things that are very similar in both. If you want me to comment or explain why I pulled some of these things I can tell you where I was coming from.

INFP

Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things.

They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel,
    On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings

Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".
    When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit.

ENFP
    ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime
    An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects.
    Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace.

Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.

They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks
    The only thing in the ENFP desc not in the INFP desc is the many skills.. many projects thing.

A window to the soul

I remember talking to you. You're logical and intuitive with a softer side of Fe. INTP or ENTP maybe?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I remember talking to you. You're logical and intuitive with a softer side of Fe. INTP or ENTP maybe?
    If I had to go by look and feel, I'd say he's T too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If I had to go by look and feel, I'd say he's T too.
    Grrrr. It's enough to make me want to shell out for an official test. I just have to get a handle on this answering questions about myself accurately thing. It's harder than you'd think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that was an interesting quote on infps/enfps i can definitely see that difference between me and the infp bf very similar "looking" but different.
    and you i can't tell...did you ever do a type me video?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison