• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I was two letters off.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm probably an introvert, but I do enough of certain types of activities to blur it. I did a vid a while back, but I was in an odd mental space, so I might do another one soon.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay cool...i think i'd be better after seeing you.

rav3n

Another one who feels that INTP is the best fit. INFP would be a close second. ENFP, not a chance.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The INTP votes are adding up... gotta read the profile again.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fi or ti boy? pick a side!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ti is booooring! :biggrin:

rav3n

Are you kidding? Ti's awesome! It can pick anything apart or put it together again, in the most explicit detail.

If you want a better description, when a Ti-er gets going, they deliver death by a thousand cuts!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you kidding? Ti's awesome! It can pick anything apart or put it together again, in the most explicit detail.

If you want a better description, when a Ti-er gets going, they deliver death by a thousand cuts!

I'm dubious. The details start to bore me, my attention span isn't that big on all those little bits. It's the reason why I don't know MBTI all that well.

a ti person would never say that!! would they?

Maybe I'm a self loathing INTP. I mean, I'm a programmer, INTPing is my day job. Nobody likes their day job.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...perhaps but i'm leaning towards no haha

rav3n

Sounds to me like you're just bored with your life and want to shake it up, looking for more excitement and wanting to be what you perceive is a more exciting personality type.

Can't understand how you perceive Ti as boring. It's like being in another space when I try to use it, where detail becomes crystal clear. But man, is it draining to me.

Te = cudgel
Ti = rapier

But maybe you're more interested in emotions where there's more contrast and makes you FEEL alive!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds to me like you're just bored with your life and want to shake it up, looking for more excitement and wanting to be what you perceive is a more exciting personality type.

Can't understand how you perceive Ti as boring. It's like being in another space when I try to use it, where detail becomes crystal clear. But man, is it draining to me.

Te = cudgel
Ti = rapier

But maybe you're more interested in emotions where there's more contrast and makes you FEEL alive!

Maybe. Honestly, like a lot of people, I see parts of myself in XXXX descriptions and I also see things that I don't relate to. When it comes to choosing, what you'd like to be has to be some sort of factor.. if you assume that you ultimately like what you are. It's probably too much of an assumption.

And by Ti being boring, I meant draining. I do not lead with a thinking function, either in programming or gaming or any other type of problem solving. I first kind of reach out with the 'force' and feel things out for thing that match a signature. When this reaches its limits of usefulness then I shake everything up and try from a different angle. If this doesn't work I start flowcharting stuff and am grumpy for it.... please don't tell me I just described Ti.... :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

No... That's what I assume most will consider Ni. At least your description of it seems very intuitive. At the very least you perceive first.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No... That's what I assume most will consider Ni. At least your description of it seems very intuitive. At the very least you perceive first.

Arrg, that's worse, a previous to now unconsidered function. :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's the use of the word 'force' it's very mystical. You don't really understand it until it communicates with something in your environment. Once the alarm starts to chime you know you've connected and you advance down that path.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the use of the word 'force' it's very mystical. You don't really understand it until it communicates with something in your environment. Once the alarm starts to chime you know you've connected and you advance down that path.

Hmmm.. yeah that's probably it. Its kind of hard to describe an intuitive process. I end up playing various strategy games over the lunch hour with my INTP friend. He spends a lot of time initially thinking about the best moves, running the statistics and doing the math. I just start playing and eventually I start getting a shape of the game in my head. He does better than me out of the gate. I do well on more complex games and I play faster, less hamster wheels running. But sometimes, even if I get on an obvious winning streak, I can't explain my strategy. It's funny, because I'll catch him analyzing my moves, like, "I saw what you did there". And I'll be like, "What? What am I doing?!".

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Very difficult...

That's essentially how I play most strategy games. I never usually have a plan that I can pinpoint. I just move and get lucky (I am very lucky with games). I always wondered if luck was something connected to intuition... Most will balk at that thought though i.e. EVERYONE can be lucky :).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I'm going to put this question to rest, God willing and TypoC willing. I did Limit's questionnaire and I did a new vid:

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

Outwardly even tempered. A tempest.
I go with the flow. Directing and fighting the flow.
Interested in everything and how it goes together. Interested in only a few isolated subjects.
Adventurous. Routine-loving.
Outwardly focused, I like objects, things that can be played with. OS would be strictly only interested in inward knowledge.

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.

I could be a tempest if I'm under too much pressure, I would become moody and resistant. I'm also a tempest in my varied personal interests and can go as far as to identify with my new interest, to the confusion of others.

I'm focused in only one subject in a very real way and that subject is everything.

I fight the flow, or take myself out of it when too much is expected of me, to much weight is on my shoulders. I also will do violent maneuvers to change what 'stream' I'm in if I don't like where this one is going.

Routines suck, but I reliably go to work and make time for my kids. They're important to make people feel secure and for maintenance and health reasons.

As far as only focusing on inward understanding... well in some areas that's all there ultimately is, like MBTI, so I'm limited to that. The problem for me is mostly that my knowledge doesn't feel real until I see it in action. Until then it's a hypothesis.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

The meaning of life is to learn how to do good.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Take care of yourself. Find something you love. Understand that you are ultimately responsible for your future.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

I would quit my job and spend the year with my kids and family doing things, making things and exploring and just hanging out.

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

I am, but just not as deadline motivated.

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

To give and take with no fear or remorse. To be able to express myself truly. To feel at ease and to understand how to make everything right.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

Everything in life is a compromise. So the answer is everything, but I don't dwell on it.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?

If I'm overwhelmed then I run and withdraw. If I need to operate in a hostile environment I do something to show people not to mess with me. To keep from getting hurt in relationships, I under-share myself and limit what I accept from others.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Taking responsibility for your own actions and happiness. Everything kind of flows from there when you can't make any more excuses.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

I'm genial, inquisitive. I'll share observations and generally chatter.

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

It wants to fly. Oh and it wants a girl, something in the cool chick variety. It needs some patience.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

Anxiously waiting.

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

My head needs a puzzle to unravel and its advising all kinds of logical things that my ganas may or may not do.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

Its pretty sound.

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

Unprintable. It candidate be incorrigible sometimes.

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Passable. That being said, also, the best it has ever been.

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Heart. I don't ever regret a decision that my heart makes no matter how it turns out.

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

The body is always asking for food and psychoactive substances. It's values are questionable.

20. What is your predominant fault?

Everything is a result of my action or nonaction.

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

A feeling of stillness, or actually more of movement in sync with the greater movement. Centeredness. Quiet. The world didn't think.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I felt out of place, paranoid, inadequate, unloved. The world was uncaring.

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

Just living.

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?

To say what I really think. I also get occasional urges to do things like jump off of a high place. Not suicidal urges, just audacious impulses.

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?

Nothing really, facing fears is a natural impulse for me.

26. What is your own personal mission statement

...?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's my vid. The volume is on the low side. It doesn't help that my speaking sometimes... looses definition. :)