User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^^^ I could definitely see myself being MBTI brothers with Udoggster.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Actually I said empty or distant, it's a small difference, but still meaningful to me. Robopop probably was right. And I probably should have tempered my use of words.
    My bad, seems like I didn't pay attention to the conjunction earlier - thanks for explaining. I can see the point Robopop was trying to make. I don't think it was necessary for you to temper your use of words; I didn't take anything you said too seriously/literally, so it's not a problem.

And by repulse I meant that it feels either like either I'm being pushed away from a person or maybe bouncing off of. I'm not sure I can be any less vague about it, because I don't quite understand it. It's not everyone, but the impression was hard to ignore on INTPc especially.
    Hmm... I think I might understand what you're trying to get to here (if I'm way off, feel free to point that out ).

Recently I've come to understand that in some ways, I am very inaccessible. I seldom disclose my emotional experiences or true opinions to others... and the strange thing is that it's not intentional. I'm generally honest and believe in "telling like it is" for the most part. I don't consciously withhold information about myself, and yet seem to manage to avoid talking about my own feelings or stances about 90% of the time (unless the subject of the conversation directly relates to me, of course).

In the past few months, I've come to notice how I so often discuss matters without really mentioning my true opinions. I keep suggesting new possibilities and different POVs to my conversation partner, taking note of the person's responses to each of them. Often the result of such conversations is that I understand pretty much every aspect of the other person's argument/POV, while the other person has little to no idea where I stand on the issue. I've seen many that simply assume what my take on an issue would be based on their preconceived notions of me - not surprisingly, most of them are way off the mark.

While I don't do these things with malice, I can certainly see how my communication style can be frustrating to those who are trying to identify with me emotionally (I understand that there are people who "connect" with other people via sharing/empathy). I've had a couple of close friends testify that they feel like they've hit a wall with me sometimes because of my lack of "relateability." I understand and empathize with people's discomfort with the impersonal as I've experienced similar things myself with certain people. I am becoming more and more outspoken as of late, and regard such changes as personal growth.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I never really questioned your type but now that you bring it up... I suppose you never gave that smart aleck vibe. I would say that maybe you were one letter off and infp. If I was going to say someone with a similar style I would maybe go with udog.
    This, but I would buy INxP for you. You are similar to Udog, but still different. I actually feel both a thinker and a feeler vibe from you, and your past experiences may have made you have to develop more balance. I don't feel ENFP from you at all. Like, at ALL.
    Something Witty

I'd be shocked (keep that 9V away from me) if you were an ENFP. It's possible you're an F but have you ever noticed how we react more strongly to our own type flaws?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I'd be shocked (keep that 9V away from me) if you were an ENFP. It's possible you're an F but have you ever noticed how we react more strongly to our own type flaws?
    This. Maybe you are simply a bit more balanced (life experience, etc) and sensitive towards some younger specimen's un(der)developed Fe. That's a good thing and simply makes you a more rounded person.

Personally, I see you as IXtP.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Recently I've come to understand that in some ways, I am very inaccessible. I seldom disclose my emotional experiences or true opinions to others... and the strange thing is that it's not intentional. I'm generally honest and believe in "telling like it is" for the most part. I don't consciously withhold information about myself, and yet seem to manage to avoid talking about my own feelings or stances about 90% of the time (unless the subject of the conversation directly relates to me, of course).
    I used to do this, but for completely different reasons. I wanted people to like me and I lacked a lot of opinions I was on the fence about everything. So I tended to project whatever part of me that someone else would like best and connect to them personally on that. This leads to odd situations where people thought I just happened to be more interested in their interests than I was, and uneven feelings on levels of involvement.

Now, and only recently I match my vibe with people, but don't hide myself. And I assault those more introverted than myself. Not intentionally, but I end up talking a lot and trying to forcibly extract participation from them. Then sometimes they look as if I've clubbed them over the head.

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    While I don't do these things with malice, I can certainly see how my communication style can be frustrating to those who are trying to identify with me emotionally (I understand that there are people who "connect" with other people via sharing/empathy). I've had a couple of close friends testify that they feel like they've hit a wall with me sometimes because of my lack of "relateability." I understand and empathize with people's discomfort with the impersonal as I've experienced similar things myself with certain people. I am becoming more and more outspoken as of late, and regard such changes as personal growth.
    Ah, very good. I realize that we all have to bend some for communications sake, it's not always comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This, but I would buy INxP for you. You are similar to Udog, but still different. I actually feel both a thinker and a feeler vibe from you, and your past experiences may have made you have to develop more balance. I don't feel ENFP from you at all. Like, at ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Yeah, I know, I know.. I had never considered E as a viable option, but I'm uncovering all kinds of things as I'm coming out of my mold. It was a very constraining mold. As mentioned above, I scare hardcore introverts and it makes me feel happy.. like a predator happy. I really feel like I'm not an S, but I engage in all kinds of external activities and I think the E may account for that.

I always test with Ne as my dominant function, and I agree with the assessment. E would explain it as well. I'm not ready to rule it out as a possibility, I'll just have to see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    This. Maybe you are simply a bit more balanced (life experience, etc) and sensitive towards some younger specimen's un(der)developed Fe. That's a good thing and simply makes you a more rounded person.
    Yeah, it really is hard for me to see past having lots of life experience, both damaging and enriching. My life hasn't had a lot of places where I could make meaningful reference points.

I spend part of my time just really kind of unsettled that I'm not certain of my personality type, and the other part pretending that MBTI is not all that important and thinking that it may not apply to everyone.

Well.. if the theory is spot on, I guess my type will become more clear in time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I wanted people to like me and I lacked a lot of opinions I was on the fence about everything. So I tended to project whatever part of me that someone else would like best and connect to them personally on that. This leads to odd situations where people thought I just happened to be more interested in their interests than I was, and uneven feelings on levels of involvement.

Now, and only recently I match my vibe with people, but don't hide myself. And I assault those more introverted than myself. Not intentionally, but I end up talking a lot and trying to forcibly extract participation from them. Then sometimes they look as if I've clubbed them over the head.
    Great description of Fe. This is consistent with the Ti interests that you described in your OP (Fe/Ti are yin/yang). If your functional toolkit includes Ne, Ti, and Fe then you are xNTP. A couple of your comments sound really ENTP-ish.

This....
    ...I assault those more introverted than myself. Not intentionally, but I end up talking a lot and trying to forcibly extract participation from them. Then sometimes they look as if I've clubbed them over the head.
    and this...
    As mentioned above, I scare hardcore introverts and it makes me feel happy.. like a predator happy.
    The bolded part should be included in all ENTP type profiles.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you never seemed like a true intp to me either...you have a similar vibe of other intps that later decided they were infp or enfp haha

ooh...yeah maybe entp
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Which type sucks the most at typing themselves? I'm that one. The lack of knowing wouldn't bug me much except for figuring out if type specific threads apply to me or not.

I am feeling very ENTP, but I'm in doohicky gadget construction mode right now. That will probably continue for 2 weeks then I will be more NFey.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I've been 3 letters off, don't worry