User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Js and Time

  1. #1
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default Js and Time

    Is it "normal" to get mad when people are almost 2+ hours late to something without contacting you about being late or not being able to make it or is it mostly an anal J trait? I take it personally if people don't tell me because I hate having my time wasted.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    2 hours is beyond late. That's someone being a jerk. (Or they got arrested for yelling at a cop and they're at the police station.) Lol.

  3. #3
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I don't know. I just get furious about it. 30 minutes is allowable though in my mind, an hour is pushing it unless the person tells me.

  4. #4
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Is it "normal" to get mad when people are almost 2+ hours late to something without contacting you about being late or not being able to make it or is it mostly an anal J trait? I take it personally if people don't tell me because I hate having my time wasted.
    I am pretty P when it comes to timing... I sort of think in "increments" that are more akin to blocks of time than individual minutes.

    However, having said that... If I am expected to be somewhere at a certain time, and I am running late, I will call or text my friend saying that I am running late and the estimated time frame I think I will be there at.

    running late to me is 15 minutes or more.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Is it "normal" to get mad when people are almost 2+ hours late to something without contacting you about being late or not being able to make it or is it mostly an anal J trait? I take it personally if people don't tell me because I hate having my time wasted.
    Js, at least some of them, have an issue with time. But it may not be related to others being late. Of course, someone being late and not contacting is rude to anybody, not just Js. But what I see with Js is overscheduling, or overbooking their limited schedule without making allowances, with the belief that something that takes 45 minutes to accomplish should only require 15 minutes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #6
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am pretty P when it comes to timing... I sort of think in "increments" that are more akin to blocks of time than individual minutes.

    However, having said that... If I am expected to be somewhere at a certain time, and I am running late, I will call or text my friend saying that I am running late and the estimated time frame I think I will be there at.

    running late to me is 15 minutes or more.
    I promise I am not like your ISFJ friend about time. lol

  7. #7
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Js, at least some of them, have an issue with time. But it may not be related to others being late. Of course, someone being late and not contacting is rude to anybody, not just Js. But what I see with Js is overscheduling, or overbooking their limited schedule without making allowances, with the belief that something that takes 45 minutes to accomplish should only require 15 minutes.
    Yeah I could see that but for example, if you are doing a group activity at 7 and have ALL the supplies, don't expect me to be happy w/ you when you call me at 8:40 asking me "what's up?" lol

  8. #8
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I promise I am not like your ISFJ friend about time. lol
    haha! S + J can be a potent mix

    Yeah I could see that but for example, if you are doing a group activity at 7 and have ALL the supplies, don't expect me to be happy w/ you when you call me at 8:40 asking me "what's up?" lol
    I agree here too. It is bad manners, rudeness, etc to be that late. Most of the time my plans with friends are sort of the:

    hey let's have some dinner together... come any time after 3 pm.... we'll eat around 5.... see you when you get there!

    So sometimes I may show up at 3, and others at 4:30.

  9. #9
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I give dinner parties about 3-5 times a year. I tell people to come anytime after 1 pm... that we will eat approximately 2, and go from there. Everyone was there except for our resident INTP who is never on time... so we waited another 15 minutes and finally started eating. At about 2:45 he called to tell me he was on his way just then because he had just woken up... and then hilariously said we should start eating without him. good P times.

  10. #10
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    A good friend of mine was two hours late once, and I never spoke to her again....

    I really need to stop doing that. :/

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INTJs and time; ENTPs and space
    By Provoker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM
  2. [NT] NTs and time
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 02:56 PM
  3. Psychology and time
    By murkrow in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM
  4. [ISTJ] ISTJ and Time Management Systems
    By Ozz in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 05:08 AM
  5. Memorization and Time Managment are Stressful
    By JustDave in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO