User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Js and Time

Glycerine

Default Js and Time

Is it "normal" to get mad when people are almost 2+ hours late to something without contacting you about being late or not being able to make it or is it mostly an anal J trait? I take it personally if people don't tell me because I hate having my time wasted.

2 hours is beyond late. That's someone being a jerk. (Or they got arrested for yelling at a cop and they're at the police station.) Lol.

Glycerine

I don't know. I just get furious about it. 30 minutes is allowable though in my mind, an hour is pushing it unless the person tells me.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Is it "normal" to get mad when people are almost 2+ hours late to something without contacting you about being late or not being able to make it or is it mostly an anal J trait? I take it personally if people don't tell me because I hate having my time wasted.
    I am pretty P when it comes to timing... I sort of think in "increments" that are more akin to blocks of time than individual minutes.

However, having said that... If I am expected to be somewhere at a certain time, and I am running late, I will call or text my friend saying that I am running late and the estimated time frame I think I will be there at.

running late to me is 15 minutes or more.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Js, at least some of them, have an issue with time. But it may not be related to others being late. Of course, someone being late and not contacting is rude to anybody, not just Js. But what I see with Js is overscheduling, or overbooking their limited schedule without making allowances, with the belief that something that takes 45 minutes to accomplish should only require 15 minutes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am pretty P when it comes to timing... I sort of think in "increments" that are more akin to blocks of time than individual minutes.

However, having said that... If I am expected to be somewhere at a certain time, and I am running late, I will call or text my friend saying that I am running late and the estimated time frame I think I will be there at.

running late to me is 15 minutes or more.
    I promise I am not like your ISFJ friend about time. lol

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Js, at least some of them, have an issue with time. But it may not be related to others being late. Of course, someone being late and not contacting is rude to anybody, not just Js. But what I see with Js is overscheduling, or overbooking their limited schedule without making allowances, with the belief that something that takes 45 minutes to accomplish should only require 15 minutes.
    Yeah I could see that but for example, if you are doing a group activity at 7 and have ALL the supplies, don't expect me to be happy w/ you when you call me at 8:40 asking me "what's up?" lol

Anew Leaf

I promise I am not like your ISFJ friend about time. lol
    haha! S + J can be a potent mix

Yeah I could see that but for example, if you are doing a group activity at 7 and have ALL the supplies, don't expect me to be happy w/ you when you call me at 8:40 asking me "what's up?" lol
    I agree here too. It is bad manners, rudeness, etc to be that late. Most of the time my plans with friends are sort of the:

hey let's have some dinner together... come any time after 3 pm.... we'll eat around 5.... see you when you get there!

So sometimes I may show up at 3, and others at 4:30.

Anew Leaf

I give dinner parties about 3-5 times a year. I tell people to come anytime after 1 pm... that we will eat approximately 2, and go from there. Everyone was there except for our resident INTP who is never on time... so we waited another 15 minutes and finally started eating. At about 2:45 he called to tell me he was on his way just then because he had just woken up... and then hilariously said we should start eating without him. good P times.

ThatGirl

A good friend of mine was two hours late once, and I never spoke to her again....

I really need to stop doing that. :/