User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Js and Time

ThatGirl

That's fair enough but if you plan to be somewhere at some time you should keep to your word. Other people go out of their way to make it happen, so should you.

I'm not into time micro management either, but I do like to make the most of mine. Specially when I have a lot to do. Depending on other people to keep their word and they don't just shows how little someone cares about my efforts. Its a pretty selfish act.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    That's fair enough but if you plan to be somewhere at some time you should keep to your word. Other people go out of their way to make it happen, so should you.

I'm not into time micro management either, but I do like to make the most of mine. Specially when I have a lot to do. Depending on other people to keep their word and they don't just shows how little someone cares about my efforts. Its a pretty selfish act.
    It depends on which context you mean this. I've long worked at jobs where I had to be flexible and things weren't done by specific times. I agree if you have an appointment with a doctor or a hairstylist, it's inconsiderate to be more than fifteen minutes late. That doesn't mean that everyone has to be a Te or Fe dom who is like "get with the program, y'all."

ThatGirl

Well it was in the context to the op, in which two people mutually agree to meet at a certain time.

Anyway, I think we are sort of agreeing on this point using different words. Work time, is a whole other story.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i hate that too. i don't accept over 10 minutes without contact or a good reason afterwards. i mean, if your car breaks down and your phone was dead, that sucks. or if you're sick and overslept, or if there was an accident on the road. i totally get that. though if there's an accident every time, that starts getting a little suspicious.

though i also don't like when people are early either, lol...

personally i'm usually running exactly on time and i prefer to be there first

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345
    But what I see with Js is overscheduling, or overbooking their limited schedule without making allowances
    yes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

More than 30 minutes is too much for me, but I don't really get "angry". I just go back home and/or proceed to do alone whatever I was going to do. Next time I will just try to get there 30 minutes later than the appointed time if I'm going out with that friend. I know some people believe that this attitude is disrespectful, but I don't know, I think they'll just have to be on time if they don't want me to do it

In many ways I'm mostly annoyed by those who are either inconsistently late or punctual, lol. If you know you're a late-person, I know I'll just have to get there later and-or bring a book to read. If you're a punctual-person, I'll get there on time (but I don't deal well with "early" people). BUT if sometimes you're punctual and sometimes late, we'll end up waiting for each other everytime, eheh.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm an "always late" kind of person. Even just meeting at the bar, my friends would schedule things so that I was given at least a 30 minute pad-time. Two hours, though...that's excessive. I'd certainly call before then, so if I was ever that late it was because I forgot to come.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Depends on the circumstance.
    100% that, it depends on what we're talking about. If it is a group get-together and things aren't being held up because someone isn't there yet then it is pretty insignificant, if it's a one-on-one meet then the least courteous thing to do is let the other person know you're running late. How late is tolerable also depends on what the meet is for/about.

That said it tends to only bother me if I'm being put out (specifically had to go somewhere or not do something else I wanted to) or if the other person is meeting me because they want something (ie job interview).

Time in itself isn't irrelevant, but to me it often is.