From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Why are you on pins and needles? I'm not calling you on your emotional response, just wondering.
    Waiting for the person to get there at a certain time... expecting them to be there at time A, but wondering why they are running late. Perhaps something got in the way, hoping something bad didn't happen to them while they were traveling. The anticipation of their arrival in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Most Js probably want to stab me to death, since I'm late for almost everything. Especially SJs, whom I've noticed many have a quality of wanting to be early instead of merely on-time.

In college I always hated those super-J professors who would give a pop quiz every day at the beginning of class, which over the course of the semester made up like ten percent of your grade, and they would never repeat the questions if you walked in even two or three minutes late.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the two professors I privately battled with the most viciously were probably FJs.

Times for me are merely "a suggestion," though when it came to my grade I would make more of an effort to be on time, all the while resenting the bitch who made it part of my grade to be on time, like we were still in fucking high school or clocking in at ye olde factory.

I love the professor the most who emailed me, claiming she couldn't give me less than an A, though I missed 1/4 to 1/3 of the semester "in class" because of the quality of my work and grasp of the subject matter.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay, I acquiesce that two hours without so much as a phone call is rude. That's way late.

ThatGirl

Being late is right up there with people who mumble. Completely disrespectful for people on the receiving end, and doesn't even ask, but demands you go out of your way to meet these people on their terms.

If you're not where you said you would be and when, I've got other shit to do, and won't stick around to find out why.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Bah, being late is a fairly modern concept. Clocks weren't even aligned to a particular time in the U.S. until about 100 years ago. People who are anal down to a few minutes and seconds (like the professors I mentioned) have serious fucking control issues - like, they literally just want to control other people.

It's a bunch of bull crap. Of course, I whole heartedly admit that I think being *extremely* late without contact is rude or uncaring.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

^^ I very agree
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ThatGirl

I give people 15 minutes. I think that's fair.

As a hair stylist I used to hate people who walked in 30 min late to an hour long appt and you have 30 minutes till the next one. You either bust your ass or don't get paid for the hour. Then if the times over lap, the person who oddly shows up 15 min early is getting upset because this had nothing to do with her. She was on time. Then you are juggling two clients, god forbid anything goes wrong.

I am actually getting angry just thinking about it.

I should change my type to SJ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I give people 15 minutes. I think that's fair.

As a hair stylist I used to hate people who walked in 30 min late to an hour long appt and you have 30 minutes till the next one. You either bust your ass or don't get paid for the hour. Then if the times over lap, the person who oddly shows up 15 min early is getting upset because this had nothing to do with her. She was on time. Then you are juggling two clients, god forbid anything goes wrong.

I am actually getting angry just thinking about it.

I should change my type to SJ
    This concept of time is heavily related to the "manufacturing" aspect of American commercial culture, which is why it is duplicated in public schools. "Time is money"...this is why I compared it to clocking in at ye olde factory...any time you do lower-level work for a supervisor, you are time-dependent to "produce."

The entire concept angers me, which is probably why I am perpetually late. I don't know - I was even born late, no joke, my mother was overdue, I was born like two weeks after I was supposed to be, and my skin was dry because my mother had leaked most of her fluid slowly.

So maybe I was born to be late. Maybe I was born to be an artist or an entepreneur. Maybe I should go live on a commune. LOL.

ThatGirl

So basically it is about forcing your life philosophies on other people at their expense?

Is expence c or s? Brian is not working.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    So basically it is about forcing your life philosophies on other people at their expence?
    Well you could say that about either side of the equation. I feel that many "systems" are forcing obedience and submissive behavior upon the masses by having a stick up their ass about time. Who has to be on time? Not the employer. The employed.

People used to do things in generalities, by times of the day which occurred naturally, not by clocks which counted individual seconds and minutes. It was actually the spread of the railway system which got all of the clocks aligned.

I'm not forcing anything upon anyone. I'm usually reasonably on time for appointments, but I don't live my daily life by making appointments or schedules.